Help Me

5 replies to this topic

#1 Pogue Mahone

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 11:27 AM

Please help. All of the research I've seen is regarding converting your historical exp into skill points and nothing for new players starting out with no historical exp. Why am I unable to buy skill points on my c-bill purchased mechs?!!?!? I have general exp and mech exp and am still not allowed to purchase any skill points. This is very frustrating. Thanks in advance for the help.

-Pogue

#2 Pogue Mahone

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 11:42 AM

i also have over 5,000,000 c-bills and unable to convert.

#3 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,760 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 07 July 2018 - 11:54 AM

How much mech xp do you have on your mechs, and how much gxp have you earned so far?

#4 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 07 July 2018 - 12:34 PM

View PostPogue Mahone, on 07 July 2018 - 11:27 AM, said:

Please help. All of the research I've seen is regarding converting your historical exp into skill points and nothing for new players starting out with no historical exp. Why am I unable to buy skill points on my c-bill purchased mechs?!!?!? I have general exp and mech exp and am still not allowed to purchase any skill points. This is very frustrating. Thanks in advance for the help.

-Pogue

First, you have to earn experience on your mechs. Once you have experience on your mech (this is specific to the individual mech), you can then purchase skill points. They cost 800 experience and some C-bills (can't recall the amount). You may use mech experience OR general experience to purchase skill points, but you can't mix the pools.

You can convert mech experience into general experience, but it really isn't worth it. It takes MC (real money) to do this, so it's better off just to play the game and earn mech experience (and some general experience, but much less).

To purchase a skill point, go to your skill tree for your mech from the mechlab. Go to "purchase skill points" from the top of the left hand tab. You should see options for where to purchase the skill points, select the option on the right. A bar for Mech Experience and General Experience should pop up. You should be able to purchase the skill points from there. If you can't, then you likely don't have enough experience.

I will also comment that you can't purchase skills for Trial mechs. If you are trying to skill a trial mech out, that would be your problem. You need to purchase your own mechs from the store.

#5 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 07 July 2018 - 12:42 PM

Posted Image

Just use the -/+ button to select Mech XP or GXP from which you combine with 45,000 c-bills to create one point of SP. One SP point unlocks one skill node.

Edited by Spheroid, 07 July 2018 - 12:54 PM.

#6 Pogue Mahone

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 06:44 AM

Thanks fellas! I'm just real new to the game and man it's a lot to take in at first. Last time I played a Mech was at least 25 years ago! Glad I found MWO....just sorry I didn't start playing it sooner!

Thanks again,

-Pogue

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users