Mad 3R Gauss Builds

5 replies to this topic

#1 CrepeSamurai

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 05:57 PM

I've been using this build recently and it feels pretty good for a fire support mech, but I was just wondering if anyone could suggest any changes

(didn't know what to do with the extra ton so i got the IS-TC1)

#2 Jackal Noble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 07 July 2018 - 06:26 PM

The current craze is hgauss with some medium lasers. The build you have there can definitely do some work and if you are happy with it's performance I would just suggest updating your mechs' SHS to double heatsinks and maybe up it to a light engine so you can get up some more speed.

hgauss build - MAD-3R Hgauss

I tried to keep it as orignal to yours, i shifted some of the armor values.

Edited by Jackal Noble, 07 July 2018 - 06:28 PM.

#3 0Jiggs0

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 07:26 PM

Depends on the range you're typically fighting at. If its ~220m then definitely swap to HGauss. It shares an optimal range with the MPLs already on the mech. If you're at ~400m, consider switching to ER Meds, or something else with enough optimal range to deal damage from that distance. The idea is to avoid having idle tonnage. For example: The TC is a better choice than an extra ton of ammo, because there's already 3 tons for a single Gauss Rifle and the excess is unlikely to be used, while the TC will provide some passive bonuses throughout the match.

#4 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,697 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 07 July 2018 - 10:00 PM

Honestly, I don't think the 3R is a good platform for Gauss / HGauss + ML build. The 5M is slightly better, Bounty Hunter II much more so (esp due to its' 15% range buff on MLs)

View PostKnightswatch, on 07 July 2018 - 05:57 PM, said:

I've been using this build recently and it feels pretty good for a fire support mech, but I was just wondering if anyone could suggest any changes

(didn't know what to do with the extra ton so i got the IS-TC1)
a

1. Rear armor down to 5 pts and frontload it.
2. Switch to Double Heat Sinks. 10 truedubs in your engine plus one in an engine slot will outperform your current 16 singles while saving you 5 tons.
3. If you're not running Heavy Gauss, switch to Light Engine.

Edited by Horseman, 07 July 2018 - 10:08 PM.

#5 panzer1b

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 06:17 PM

If you want to run gauss+lasers, BH2 is your best variant, 5M if you dont want the hero.

The ONLY gauss build ive been able to really make work on the 3R is the 1GR+3ERLL snipy build, albeit it still isnt the best mech to do that playstyle on since sniping really needs 5-6 ERLLs and not gauss rifles (unless they are range quirked ballistics). Still, ive been able to use that to good effect as its ghost heat free, ok mobility, and the profile aint half bad at a very long range if you wiggle a bit.

#6 zudukai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 06:28 PM

View PostHorseman, on 07 July 2018 - 10:00 PM, said:

1. Rear armor down to 5 pts and frontload it.
2. Switch to Double Heat Sinks. 10 truedubs in your engine plus one in an engine slot will outperform your current 16 singles while saving you 5 tons.
3. If you're not running Heavy Gauss, switch to Light Engine.

agreed, DHS+LFE would be a massive upgrade even if you took the same size class of engine, look to add more weapons and cooling.. maybe even drop ferro for extra slots.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users