Posted 23 June 2019 - 01:59 AM

Posted Image

This guy

#103 Strength Damage Cliff Racer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 124 posts

Posted 23 June 2019 - 02:16 AM

Best players? I wouldn't say best, but some caught my interest.
Sean Lang, HadesMW, Chaotic Harmony - these are bad news to me because they use comms effectively. This means it doesn't even matter if you pop them - you just turned them into omnipresent beings of pure light and team coordination.

As for the good shooters, I think Boris the Tesla Trooper is the one who struck my heart. Guy is cool with his jump jet use and damage distribution, all combined with very high accuracy.

Also, there is certain dude whom I spotted when I analysed my deaths and found that he is responsible for 100% of non-arty-strike headshots performed on me, but I need more data to decide whether it's luck, skill or some sort of cheats.

#104 Vadhalla

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 02:59 AM

View PostIronEleven, on 14 July 2018 - 08:03 AM, said:

haHAA

putting ohfar in the same line as Narc Bait, Lyen and Baradul is disrepectful

youtube ohfar thebeef (I need not say more)

#105 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 24 June 2019 - 04:44 AM

As the population dwindles, I have encountered more comp guys in the short window of GQ that I play more than ever before. As such I have now been witness to a couple of legendary (I don’t think that word is an exaggeration for their standing in this game’s population) players that I had never previously played with or against before.

Two more recent examples of note:

Bows3r. Dude can twist damage like no one else I have ever seen, and when he swings back around he just doesn’t miss. it’s amazing.

DATA. Couple nights ago he and a couple friends were dropping 6AC2 Riflemen (edit: must have been Jaggers). Apparently all guns and not much else. They would wait for the scrum at the middle to die down (while doing their part from a distance) and then from a strategically selected perch on the edge of the map (mining) or near their spawn (old forest) they proceeded to execute everyone who was stupid enough to come at them or hunt down with quick, precise, focused fire anyone who tried to wait them out. It wasn’t flashy, but it was an amazing display of how to win with patience, methodical and accurate focused firing, and some seriously ballsy mech lab-ing (imho).

Edited by Bud Crue, 24 June 2019 - 06:15 AM.

#106 w4ldO

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 296 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 05:17 AM

angry proton
by angry i mean polar highlands 3 times in a row in a cqc mech angry

#107 AggroBeatch

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationСокрушитель Открытых ЦТ

Posted 24 June 2019 - 06:29 AM

View PostObeyTheLion, on 23 June 2019 - 01:59 AM, said:

Posted Image

This guy

What the hell, how is it possible?

#108 thievingmagpi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 06:42 AM

View PostAggroBeatch, on 24 June 2019 - 06:29 AM, said:

I was gonna say it's a smurf account in T5 but then I realized I know many of those names, definitely T1. Very impressive work, especially from an RJF.

#109 Ssamout

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationPihalla

Posted 24 June 2019 - 07:12 AM

View PostAggroBeatch, on 24 June 2019 - 06:29 AM, said:

Two good strikes, enough potatoes on both sides that can twist but not aim, 12 min match duration. When all the stars align..
Good work anyways.

One good player that has stuck in my memory from early times: ArnOldSchwarzenegger, first 5k CW player I saw.

Edited by Ssamout, 24 June 2019 - 07:16 AM.

#110 thievingmagpi

• 1,577 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 07:16 AM

yeah 4 kills and only 6 assists, that's an insane level of damage farming, wasn't even a particularly heavy drop

#111 RJF Volkodav

• 1,444 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 07:52 AM

View Postthievingmagpi, on 24 June 2019 - 06:42 AM, said:

especially from an RJF.

Posted Image "especially"?

#112 thievingmagpi

• 1,577 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 07:54 AM

View PostRJF Volkodav, on 24 June 2019 - 07:52 AM, said:

Posted Image "especially"?

hahaha, I was wondering if anyone would catch that

Posted Image

#113 Foxwalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 962 posts
  • LocationLost on Thunder Rift

Posted 24 June 2019 - 08:38 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 11 July 2018 - 01:06 PM, said:

was just thinking about Koreanese. Also unlike most of the tryhards he never seemed to act a douche. Actually gave me a lot of good pointers on hunchback play... and was one of my happier moments to legit beat him hunchback to hunchback.... like one time out of 30 or so, lol. Definitely preferred him to these self important types we seem saddled with mostly these days.

Me too. Koreanese great guy, Played with and against a lot. He was always willing to help you get better.

#114 Foxwalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 962 posts
  • LocationLost on Thunder Rift

Posted 24 June 2019 - 08:46 AM

Yeah. Proton. I have been head shot by him at least 3 times. Once in a tunnel and I was behind 2 other mechs. Crazy. Heimdelight was/is great player but a bit of a hothead.

But I saw in an earlier post, someone said, there is a difference between a skilled shooter and a great player. Unfortunately great leaders did not always score well but made for great games.

#115 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 24 June 2019 - 10:03 AM

View PostFoxwalker, on 24 June 2019 - 08:46 AM, said:

Yeah. Proton. I have been head shot by him at least 3 times. Once in a tunnel and I was behind 2 other mechs. Crazy. Heimdelight was/is great player but a bit of a hothead.

But I saw in an earlier post, someone said, there is a difference between a skilled shooter and a great player. Unfortunately great leaders did not always score well but made for great games.

"Great leaders" that don't score well in this game is dead weight. To be an actual great leader in this game, you have to be able to drop call (have self positioning awareness, and overall battle awareness, cap point awareness, etc) and hold your own in the fight. If you're going by that definition, there's only a handful of players that do that, and though I'm clearly biased, I would have to say [EmP] Celyth is the epitome of that definition.

#116 Red Potato Standing By

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 144 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 10:20 AM

Best player I have spectated on( I have very limited viewing on top players) was Rickrom I believe his name was. No one was even close in the end match score. Not sure how good he really is but is better then anyone I have seen yet(probably will change as I get higher in tiers)

#117 McGoat

Banned -Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 629 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 10:24 AM

View PostVxheous, on 24 June 2019 - 10:03 AM, said:

"Great leaders" that don't score well in this game is dead weight. To be an actual great leader in this game, you have to be able to drop call (have self positioning awareness, and overall battle awareness, cap point awareness, etc) and hold your own in the fight. If you're going by that definition, there's only a handful of players that do that, and though I'm clearly biased, I would have to say [EmP] Celyth is the epitome of that definition.

I wish I could quote that more. Many "leaders" would do well to emulate.

And somehow knows the health of each of us.

"How you getting rekt? Knock it off"

View PostZethrynn, on 24 June 2019 - 10:20 AM, said:

Best player I have spectated on( I have very limited viewing on top players) was Rickrom I believe his name was. No one was even close in the end match score. Not sure how good he really is but is better then anyone I have seen yet(probably will change as I get higher in tiers)

Rick is a very good player and valuable teammate.
------------------

I didn't get to play MWO in the glory years, but I always watched.

Heim was fun to watch and is a player I wanted to play with whenever I would be able to slow life down and partake in gaming again. Sadly the opportunity came too late.

Edited by McGoat, 24 June 2019 - 10:25 AM.

#118 CygnusX7

• 1,803 posts
  • LocationA desolate moon circling a desolate planet

Posted 24 June 2019 - 10:45 AM

Offc3nter

#119 AggroBeatch

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationСокрушитель Открытых ЦТ

Posted 25 June 2019 - 06:45 AM

Recently I had a great teammate who drives LCT. In the end he stayed alone against cored Urbanmech, 65 tons mech in a good condition and almost undamaged MadCat MK2. He sang a song and spat lasers, sang a song and snatched behind the buildings. He knocked them all out and scored 800+ dmg and 4 kills. That was amazing matchup also he is a good singer Posted Image Unfortunately I didn't remember his nickname

Edited by AggroBeatch, 25 June 2019 - 07:57 AM.

#120 SlippnGriff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 220 posts
  • LocationSpud farm

Posted 25 June 2019 - 09:42 AM

RONSON

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users