#1 Jyrox

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 128 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 12:10 AM

For me was "Jesusmechraptor"

Had the feeling might have been a dev.

Just walked in between my assault and my target to shield my would-be victim and killed me.

That player ended the game with 5 kills and just owned the battlefield.

#2 DarkFhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 12:48 AM

I wont toot anyones horn .

All of us have killed 6 mechs in one game only to die screaming in our soiled panties without one point of damage in the next .

#3 MTier Slayed Up

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 717 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 12:52 AM

RedYeti from CGBI. This was like in...2014 or 2015. Dude would dumpster people.

#4 Nema Nabojiv

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts
  • LocationUA

Posted 11 July 2018 - 01:09 AM

View PostJyrox, on 11 July 2018 - 12:10 AM, said:

Had the feeling might have been a dev.

You must be new here.

#5 Wil McCullough

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 01:11 AM

View PostNema Nabojiv, on 11 July 2018 - 01:09 AM, said:

You must be new here.

Would explain the topic spammage.

#6 Jyrox

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 128 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 01:26 AM

Played since Beta. Forest colony small, and where the heck am I in this tunnel.

Seriously...can't you lot be nice and have fun?

#7 RickySpanish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 11 July 2018 - 04:45 AM

View PostJyrox, on 11 July 2018 - 01:26 AM, said:

Played since Beta. Forest colony small, and where the heck am I in this tunnel.

Seriously...can't you lot be nice and have fun?

Certainly, ignore the trolls. I happened upon a match with El Bandito not too long ago, and was not at all surprised to learn that he backs up his immense Solaris rank with extremely efficient team play. The guy spoke in voice comms and everything! It was a total stomp and to top it all off, he doesn't sound like a 9 year old either.

#8 Papaspud

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 636 posts
  • LocationIdaho, USA

Posted 11 July 2018 - 04:55 AM

I remember Koreanese at the start of the game in beta, the first competition he won 2-3 of the 4 weight classes, was an awesome player..... not to say the folks that are ruling the roost right now aren't awesome.

View PostRickySpanish, on 11 July 2018 - 04:45 AM, said:

Certainly, ignore the trolls. I happened upon a match with El Bandito not too long ago, and was not at all surprised to learn that he backs up his immense Solaris rank with extremely efficient team play. The guy spoke in voice comms and everything! It was a total stomp and to top it all off, he doesn't sound like a 9 year old either.

Of course not... bandito is 12 and his voice is changing............ ;)

#9 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,780 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 04:58 AM

i saw an enemy pirhana get ace once, it was possibly the most impressive thing ive ever seen. it was a machine gun varient with only a few backup lasers, and frankly i dont know how he managed to stretch that ammo out for 8 kills. i usually run out around 3 or 4.

Edited by LordNothing, 11 July 2018 - 04:59 AM.

#10 Asym

• Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 05:01 AM

The best players I see in the game are the players who were leading the fight vocally.....

"Command" infers confidence; and, in this game, those pilots that take the time to "Command" are usually the best players because they have the confidence to be so.....

As Guderian said so many years ago: "Leader and heavy weapons to the front !"

#11 Sam Slade

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,370 posts
  • LocationMega city 1

Posted 11 July 2018 - 05:04 AM

me

#12 Nema Nabojiv

• 1,783 posts
  • LocationUA

Posted 11 July 2018 - 05:07 AM

Ok, being serious, the best performance I ever saw was L3golas in piranha. He seemingly killed everyone that game and from what I saw he was just standing in front of them and somehow survived it.

#13 MTier Slayed Up

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 717 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 05:48 AM

View PostAsym, on 11 July 2018 - 05:01 AM, said:

The best players I see in the game are the players who were leading the fight vocally.....

"Command" infers confidence; and, in this game, those pilots that take the time to "Command" are usually the best players because they have the confidence to be so.....

I find that the exact opposite about 90% of the time.

#14 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 11 July 2018 - 05:52 AM

I saw one of the top guys (I forget which one) use a HGR ANH-1X like a damn surgeon, he cut through the enemy team like butter. Never missed a shot. He killed 9 of the enemy team that game. I wish I remember his name, but I remember I recognized it, so it must have been a well known player.

#15 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 11 July 2018 - 06:18 AM

I see the occasional high level comp players in group queue. All of them can do things, especially in groups that I am consistently dumbstruck by, especially when their are just a couple of them. Hard to recal individual performances though. First one that jumps to mind was from a few months ago...juju shinobi and at least one friend (I don’t recall who else, I only recall paying attention because of the mech) was in a Victor 9A1 running two HGR, on Grim. Just seemed so casual about poping one mech after another.

Another amazing one that I recall...this was years ago...was a match with Mcgral18 who appeared to head shot three mechs in a row (no idea if he actually did, but it sure looked like it...my Stalker he killed was certainly a head shot). Again, he just seemed so casual about it.

Finally, as my brain is going digging into my personal account of mwo’s “Greatest Hits” I have to mention a CW match from early phase 3, just before the mass exodus had begun, we had a match on Sulferous against a 12 man of new players against us and poor Warkhan was with them trying so hard to get them to listen. In the end he was the last one alive out in the middle, and 5 or 6 of our third wave went out to finish him. We has in a trashed Warhawk, most of our guys were middling to moderately damaged. He killed all but 1. It was an amazing display of shot placement and calm, cool awarness of his surroundings. Never seen anything like it since.

Edited by Bud Crue, 11 July 2018 - 06:19 AM.

#16 Mechwarrior1441491

• 1,157 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 07:25 AM

View PostAsym, on 11 July 2018 - 05:01 AM, said:

You got me wet with Guderian.

"Your engine is your weapon".

Actually, any self respecting mechwarrior commander or grunt should read Guderians tank theories. Between him and Rommel, you really don't need anything else.

#17 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 11 July 2018 - 08:38 AM

You need not post a forum running commentary of five threads within a two hour time span even though it is entertaining reading. As for devs most of them are bad at the game and whenever one is in qp it becomes a protect-the-dev or kill-the-dev mentality which leads to even worse effort than normal for the side without the dev. One dev was actually decent in the ach running the cspl build before the cspl nerf with 600 dmg and 3 kills on end score.

I also just had a six kill 1,261 damage streak in my Ember posting it into one of the pir threads. That doesn't mean I am that good. Only that particular match I was potato farming.

#18 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 10:25 AM

Edmeister in the Jenner back in the day. The swift way he would maneuver and shoot gave me whiplash. :3

#19 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 10:26 AM

Michael Jordan

#20 Asym

• Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 11:43 AM

View PostMechwarrior1441491, on 11 July 2018 - 07:25 AM, said:

You got me wet with Guderian.

"Your engine is your weapon".

Actually, any self respecting mechwarrior commander or grunt should read Guderians tank theories. Between him and Rommel, you really don't need anything else.

Panzer Leader was required reading in my generation of tankers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users