#1 Jyrox

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 128 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 12:30 AM

He ran in front of me.

He died when I shot him in the back.

Yes, it's a game and we aren't in VR, but for the record...try using the "He ran in front of me" in a court of law.

You's pull the trigger you's do the crime.

Accidents happen, and so far this year I died once to TK. He felt bad, and I kept saying...."It happens, forget about it."

Seemed like a nice guy.

But also this year I got cored from the back, and I had...

"Don't run in front of me."

#2 MTier Slayed Up

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 717 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 12:38 AM

Posted Image

#3 VonBruinwald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 11 July 2018 - 12:51 AM

To not get back shot,
Ghostbisters you should go watch,
Never cross the streams.

Seriously. 90% of my team damage happens whilst I'M A' FIRING MY LAZOR and some try-hard decides to cross the stream in order to try nab the kill. If they repeatedly do this I take a perverse pleasure in [Redacted].

Edited by draiocht, 12 July 2018 - 03:19 PM.
encouragement of griefing

#4 NimoStar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 216 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 01:01 AM

Both people like Von Bruinwald and Jirox are annoying.

Moreso the first.

I try not to run in front of people, but I also try not to derive pleasure from getting my teammates killed, bro.

Edited by NimoStar, 11 July 2018 - 01:01 AM.

#5 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 11 July 2018 - 01:23 AM

You misunderstand Nimo.

If you run in front of me whilst I'm mid-stream I'll snap my shot out of your way. But if you're going to keep running in front of me whilst I'm focusing a target you're setting yourself up for an Alpha to the back. This is doubly frustratig when you're in an Assault mech and the guy who keeps running in front of you is a light with 1/4 the firepower.

If you want to take point, fine, but if you're going to constantly block my shots after I've taken the enemy fire on your behalf, I figure it's only fair you take a few shots to.

#6 Jyrox

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 128 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 01:30 AM

View PostNimoStar, on 11 July 2018 - 01:01 AM, said:

Both people like Von Bruinwald and Jirox are annoying.

Moreso the first.

I try not to run in front of people, but I also try not to derive pleasure from getting my teammates killed, bro.

Nope, that's your opinion, and that's worth nothing. Seriously, why are you venting on people that don't know you exist, and when they do, they wish you didn't!

#7 Savage Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 1,323 posts
  • LocationÅrhus, Denmark

Posted 11 July 2018 - 01:58 AM

@VonBruinwald

i do not in any way think that people walking in front of others and blocking their shots is optimal, it can be quite frustrating.

However, I would rather have a full team of those people than one of yours. Their behavior does not justify deliberately sabotaging your own team and even taking pleasure in it. All you do is taking an annoying situation and making it absolutely terrible for you and your team.

#8 Tetatae Squawkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,028 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Kaetetôã

Posted 11 July 2018 - 02:01 AM

It's pretty rare that someone intentionally blocks teammates. More likely they just are not aware of what they are doing.

Try not to act like a princess and think that you own a line of fire. Reposition and get on with the game.

#9 Toothless

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 861 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 02:34 AM

Do you want a VALID complaint? Why is there no rear view camera? At least then the player in question would KNOW there is a mech behind them trying to fire and that they are blocking. We can deploy a space camera droid to achieve 3rd person, but we cant have a rear view camera than a 2018 Soccer Mom's SUV manages to have to help them park?

Can I just throw out there, that if you are going to use firearms in your whine post, that in no way shape or form would the battles in MWO Arena Space Force play out the way 'real life' would. Going downrange from weapons fire is a SUPER controlled situation even in combat, and as someone who has drilled leapfrogging drills, its absolutely terrifying. But this is giant space robots, you are looking at a computer screen, and occasionally someone is going to wander in front of your precious LOS.

#10 Alexandra Hekmatyar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal
  • Marshal
  • 774 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 11 July 2018 - 03:16 AM

That time when you're working your corners and someone else get's behind you and kills you because 'your in his way'.
On the accident thing it mostly happens when I'm either zoomed preparing to fire my Gauss or while I'm firing MRM's and someone walks in the stream of it.

#11 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 11 July 2018 - 03:51 AM

View PostToothless, on 11 July 2018 - 02:34 AM, said:

Do you want a VALID complaint? Why is there no rear view camera?

That is Lostech as well as the ability to re-size the mini-map.

#12 BD RAIDR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 133 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 04:13 AM

Personally, I think there should be an in-game achievement for when one kills not only the entire enemy team, but their team also.

Edited by BD RAIDR, 11 July 2018 - 04:14 AM.

#13 fat4eyes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 491 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 04:28 AM

A wounded Raven

Bloodlust fills, I want that kill

Get shot in the rear

Greed kills.

Edited by fat4eyes, 11 July 2018 - 04:29 AM.

#14 Fox the Apprentice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 04:28 AM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 11 July 2018 - 12:51 AM, said:

To not get back shot,
Ghostbisters you should go watch,
Never cross the streams.

Seriously. 90% of my team damage happens whilst I'M A' FIRING MY LAZOR and some try-hard decides to cross the stream in order to try nab the kill. If they repeatedly do this I take a perverse pleasure in [Redacted].

They'll probably see your laser a half second after you've fired it (assuming ~250 ms ping average for both players). Keep that in mind - mechs also have momentum.

Edited by draiocht, 12 July 2018 - 03:29 PM.
Quote Clean-Up

#15 Agent of Change

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,119 posts
  • LocationBetween Now and Oblivion

Posted 11 July 2018 - 04:42 AM

Bullets stream forth

Energy bound to physical form

Physics doesn't understand IFF

#16 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 04:52 AM

team damage happens, especially when people face tank trying to steal kills. you could be plinking away at a target with a rac2 and dispite a stream of tracers between you and the enemy somone will intentionally walk into it to block your shots and take your kill. those people deserve it when they get themselves killed in the process. i dont really care about kill stealing either, thats how games are won after all, its when they block my shot to do it that pisses me off. il stop firing, i dont need the team damage, but il make a mental note of it and make sure to make their life miserable if i ever see them on the other team.

Edited by LordNothing, 11 July 2018 - 04:55 AM.

#17 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 05:07 AM

View PostAlexandra Hekmatyar, on 11 July 2018 - 03:16 AM, said:

That time when you're working your corners and someone else get's behind you and kills you because 'your in his way'.
On the accident thing it mostly happens when I'm either zoomed preparing to fire my Gauss or while I'm firing MRM's and someone walks in the stream of it.

i hate it when i find a spot to trade from and some unimaginative player, unable to find his own spot, tries to trade from mine. its doubly frustrating when you find that he has lerms that he doesnt need to poke for or has weapons far too short of range to use that trading spot. trading is most effective from multiple locations so if you are going to do it spread out.

#18 Agent of Change

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,119 posts
  • LocationBetween Now and Oblivion

Posted 11 July 2018 - 05:10 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 11 July 2018 - 04:52 AM, said:

team damage happens, especially when people face tank trying to steal kills. you could be plinking away at a target with a rac2 and dispite a stream of tracers between you and the enemy somone will intentionally walk into it to block your shots and take your kill. those people deserve it when they get themselves killed in the process. i dont really care about kill stealing either, thats how games are won after all, its when they block my shot to do it that pisses me off. il stop firing, i dont need the team damage, but il make a mental note of it and make sure to make their life miserable if i ever see them on the other team.

Honestly this and especially given my love of triple RAC/2 builds.. they are very satisfying but apparently My personal RACs have weird feature where the bullets are invisible to friendlies. I've compensated by adjusting my vision so friendlies that wander into teh stream are invisible to my targeting. It's one thing to accidentally get caught with a laser burst or something while jostling but to put yourself immediately in front of a teammate actively putting damage on the enemy (with any weapon system) isn't helping anyone and personally I've just decided that i don't exactly need to be quick about ceasing fire. I could care less about the team damage penalty, I actively avoid blocking friendly LOS where possible and it does "cost" me kills I expect the same courtesy, sometimes getting cored out from behind is the price of rudeness and inattention.

Edited by Agent of Change, 11 July 2018 - 05:11 AM.

#19 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,982 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 11 July 2018 - 07:09 AM

View PostJyrox, on 11 July 2018 - 01:30 AM, said:

Nope, that's your opinion, and that's worth nothing. Seriously, why are you venting on people that don't know you exist, and when they do, they wish you didn't!

Unfortunately, this is the negative aspect of the internet's anonymity

#20 Magnus Santini

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 708 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 07:29 AM

The light pilot has been tracking and fighting that target since before the peeker got there because he skipped Hill Climb Day. Posted Image Seriously, the light is doing a dance to drive the enemy target crazy, running around in the open, shooting in the back, jumping on his head, to try to make the enemy die sooner or otherwise not effectively fight back. I try to keep a mental picture of what friendlies are where behind me but it is not 100% accurate, and sometimes you have to cross the firing line and hope the shots go over your head.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users