Champion (C) Mech Variants

5 replies to this topic

Poll: (C) Bonus Change (9 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to see the XP bonus on Champion (C) mechs change as proposed below?

1. Yes (9 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Other (see my answer) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 WarmasterRaptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 205 posts
  • LocationQuébec - Canada

Posted 14 July 2018 - 10:57 AM

Hi all,

I've been thinking for a while on how to make "Champion" mechs as useful and maybe even as desirable as "Special/Hero" mechs.

And I've came up with the following proposal on we could rework of the (C) champion XP Bonus:

Instead of only getting +30% XP on the very specific variant of the mech chassis the (C) bonus is attached to, how about it converts all the XP gained in your match into GXP instead?

Why? For the following reasons:
- the XP bonus is only attached to that specific variant of the chassis, thus not as useful as a Cbill bonus, which allows you to spend that sweet spessh muneez where you want.
- helps beginners with access only to the trials. they get to accumulate GXP to spend on their very first mech they decide to go for, after getting a good feel on how the mechs work, the different weight classes, playstyles, etc.
-gives replayability/longer lifespan to the mechs that have that bonuses, as they are useful to grind some GXP later in your career.

It may not be necessary to have a 1XP:1GXP ratio, but at least, convert most of it Posted Image

Thoughts?

Edited by WarmasterRaptor, 15 July 2018 - 03:55 PM.

#2 WarmasterRaptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 205 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 06:29 PM

Litteraly no love for (C) variants eh? :D

Why not try the above to make them interesting for a change?

#3 Mister Maf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 351 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 16 July 2018 - 09:17 PM

I would absolutely love this, even if it wasn't a 1:1 ratio. It would make champion variants actually attractive and useful. Presently they're just regular mechs that are slightly easier to level up, which isn't worth spending MC on.

#4 WarmasterRaptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 205 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 04:07 PM

View PostMister Maf, on 16 July 2018 - 09:17 PM, said:

I would absolutely love this, even if it wasn't a 1:1 ratio. It would make champion variants actually attractive and useful. Presently they're just regular mechs that are slightly easier to level up, which isn't worth spending MC on.

Exactly the idea behind it! :)

I'm surprised this wasn't ever revisited especially with the new XP & skill point system .

#5 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 25 August 2020 - 03:10 AM

While I like the idea it won't be implemented because XP conversion via MC is a source of income.

#6 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,368 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 02 September 2020 - 07:43 PM

We have another suggestion for Champion (c) mechs:
+20% MC Bills (NEW), and
+30% XP Points (OLD)

Details as outlined here:
http://mwomercs.com/...c-mech-variants

- - - - - - - -
We agree with you that very few people are buying Champion (C) mechs, representing lost "MC" revenue for this game!

We feel that this may further entice players to play (C) mechs more, especially if this game creates new Champion (C) mechs same as the very popular ones we are already using ("The Meta").

MCII-B (C), with +20% CBills bonus, anyone? (I'll jump at it!)
MAD-IIC-D (C), +20% CBills bonus
COR-7A (C), +20% CBills bonus
FLE-20 (C), +20% CBills bonus
KGC-0000 (C), +20% CBills bonus
ANH-2A (C), +20% CBills bonus (yes, I have the (S) special variant, but not every can get it. Hence (C) variant).

~Just add your own favorite non-Hero mech into this list!!

(Yes, you can consider above my own personal Feature Request to incentivize Champion Mechs for buying).

Edited by w0qj, 06 September 2020 - 04:28 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users