NTG-Prime cuAC10, 2xcERPPC, 3xcMPL
ON1-IIC 2xcERML, cLB10-X, 2xATM6, ATM3, cERLL
HBR-F 2xHLL, 2xHML, 3xcERML, ECM
IFR-RC 2xHML, cHMG, cSSRM6
VPR-M 6xcERSL, cASRM6

IS mechs used were:

MAD-3R 2xERPPC, 2xML, rAC5
QKD-IV4 2xAC5, 2xSRM4, 2xMPL

All mechs were fully skilled out with 91 nodes checked, emphasis on survival tree and heat generation.

My best matches by far were in the Quickdraw on the IS side and the NTG-Prime on the Clan side, with the Orion running a close second. I feel that the effect of these changes, if implemented as proposed, will drive the meta on the Clan side away from traditional laser vomit and toward autocannon, PPCs, and medium pulse lasers. Of all Clan lasers I found multiple cMPL the most viable. The standard loadout on the NTG-Prime runs fairly cool as long as the PPCs are chained. In the current meta I do poorly with the Hellbringer, and today was no exception; I found it and the Supernova comparatively weak, averaging damage of 225 per match and no more than one kill, if that. The NTG and QKD, on the other hand, carried multiple matches with damage ratings averaging 500-750, which is decent in a 12v12 match, much less a 4v4. For the Quickdraw, that's entirely quirk driven; its AC5s fire quickly and its dual SRM4s have tight spread, and it is massively armor buffed. The NTG, on the other hand, is not quirk driven and yet still is fairly survivable; the uAC10 and PPCs carry it, and the cooler-running cMPL battery provides a great, sustainable close in punch. I find that its repeatability on the test server is much higher than on live, as on live the cMPLs are hotter and can't be used as often.

I found massed cERSLs to be nearly useless. They're overly hot, take too long to cycle, and do minimal damage. I suggest that their heat rating and cooldown be set identical to their IS counterpart. Massed cERLLs, on the other hand, are very dangerous and likely to surpass HLLs in the new meta. I went up against a MAD-IIC packing multiple cERLL in one game and was picked apart from distance before I could get into range of my SRMs. All Clan lasers would benefit from reduced duration if their damage rating is to be cut as proposed.

#2 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 14 July 2018 - 10:02 PM

You needed to give the 3x cERLL builds a try... Since they upped the Ghost Heat trigger limit, they're worth using as a cERML replacement.

#3 Rusharn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 224 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 12:18 PM

I think these changes shift the balance towards UAC and AC's. When I played my UAC builds most of the time they rolled any Clan Gauss or Laser build I encountered.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users