Hard To Say....

3 replies to this topic

#1 MarshmallowRampage

• PipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 98 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 07:26 PM

It's a little hard for me to say how the changes feel given that I don't play a lot of clan mechs but the changes really didn't feel noticeably different to me.

I'm not saying the changes should be increased, just that with all the tweaks made and the fact I don't live, breath, eat, bleed clan mechs I couldn't really feel a change overall. Clan weapons still feel different than IS weapons.

That said, I think that long-term it would be a better idea to look at the underlying system altogether and see if there is a different way to balance things out rather than just tweaking heat, damage, range, duration, ect, ect.

If I recall you all have tried a few different systems, maybe dust them off take a second look at them as well, see what went wrong vs right and see what else comes up idea wise?

#2 Dinochrome

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 164 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, Ca.

Posted 16 July 2018 - 11:12 AM

Greetings:
I will post my opinion here as I tend to agree with Rizartha I chose to limit my test to one mech, an LBK prime with 4 ERML and some SRMs. I played on the PTS and the regular servers to try to get some feeling for the difference using ERMLs. My conclusion is I didn't note a lot of difference when the ERMLs were reduced to 5.25 damage. The game seemed to play much the same as far as ERMLs are concerned.

The only thing that comes to mind is that if recoil is a factor using a weapon then large AC weapons should also have recoil mechanics.

Honor to the Regiment;
Dinochrome

#3 MarshmallowRampage

• PipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 98 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 11:17 PM

Ive decided to link the video I recorded from playing on the PTS, I figure that maybe people with sharper eyes could take a look, see if I missed anything obvious about how the weapons were performing and could point it out to everyone in general

#4 Jack Shayu Walker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 05:50 AM

As someone plays a lot of smaller clan laser mechs I can personally tell you that the damage reduction on the cERMeds had a big impact on the viability on most any of the mechs I had equipped with them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users