2 replies to this topic

#1 Rydiak Randborir

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Kapten
  • Kapten
  • 103 posts
  • LocationJarnfolk Cluster

Posted 14 July 2018 - 09:09 PM

Thanks for the PTS. Here is my feedback on the changed weapons.

Clan Gauss Rifle

Weapon Recoil added to the weapon.

The recoil shifts Gauss+Laser usage from a front-loaded attack (pre-charge Gauss, and then release Gauss at the same time you fire Lasers) to a delayed attack (fire Lasers at the same time you begin charging Gauss, and release Gauss when charged). I have always used the latter of the two playstyles when playing "Gauss Vomit", so this change does not really affect me unless I clip the very tail-end of a laser burn with the Gauss shot. That said, I agree largely with this change since it helps reduce the front-loaded nature that combining Gauss with Lasers used to bring with the former playstyle. The change lengthens the duration of the Gauss Vomit engagement, which I think is an effective method for achieving the goal of reducing alpha damage. No changes recommended.

Clan ER-Small Laser
- Damage reduced to 4.4 (from 5)
- Heat reduced to 3.2 ( from 3.5)
- Cooldown reduced to 3.2 (from 3.5)

Despite the reduction in cERSL damage, I am a big fan of this change. I don't know exactly what it is, but cERSLs feel fantastic on PTS with these changes. The combination of lower cooldown combined with lower heat made running a 12 cERSL Nova feel very good. No changes recommended.

Clan ER-Medium Laser
- Damage reduced to 5.25 (from 7)
- Heat reduced to 5.7 (from 6.3)
- Cooldown reduced to 4 (from 4.5)

I like the heat and cooldown reductions, but I feel the nerf to damage was simply too much. The damage reduction becomes very apparent when only using cERML on something light, like a Jenner IIC. You just end up dealing limited damage compared to the amount of heat you are generating for your mech (e.g. the DPH is too low). I'd increase the damage a bit (to at least 5.5 damage) so it retains a sizable damage advantage compared to isERML (10%+) as opposed to reducing the heat further than it already was.

Clan ER- Large Laser
- Damage reduced to 10 (from 11)
- Heat Scale Trigger Increased to 4 (from 3)
- This means that you will receive the first heat scale penalty when firing 4 Clan ER-Large Lasers.

With the heat scale penalty being increased to 4 (being able to fire 3 cERLL) the weapon feels very good despite the decrease in damage. No changes recommended.

Clan Medium Pulse laser
- Damage reduced to 6.25 (from 7)
- Heat reduced to 4.5 (from 4.75)

Compared to cERML these felt better despite the changes, but still felt slightly overnerfed. The cooldown on them felt a little long compared to the damage they were outputting. I'd decrease their cooldown slightly (to 2.8 seconds).

Edit: I had previously thought a slight damage increase was necessary in addition to a cooldown decrease. I have changed my mind and now think the damage is fine but I would prefer a slightly larger cooldown decrease (2.8 seconds versus my previous 2.9 seconds).

Clan Large Pulse laser
- Damage reduced to 11 (from 12)
- Heat Scale Trigger Increased to 4 (from 3)
- This means that you will receive the first heat scale penalty when firing 4 Clan Large Pulse lasers.

Like the cERLL, these felt great being able to run 3 of them despite the changes. No changes recommended.

Heavy Medium Laser
- Damage reduced to 8 (from 10)
- Heat reduced to 7 (from 8)
- Duration reduced to 1.37 (from 1.45)

Just like the other two medium-class lasers this one felt somewhat overnerfed. The heat change is fantastic, but the damage just really isn't there compared to the very long cooldown of the weapon (e.g. DPS feels too low). I would recommend dropping the cooldown to 5 seconds to compensate.

Heavy Large Laser
- Damage reduced to 16 (from 18)

Feels fine, especially considering the nerfs to the other large-class lasers. No changes recommended.

Edited by Rydiak, 15 July 2018 - 12:43 AM.

#2 Jack Shayu Walker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 07:36 AM

Had the opposite experience with my nova and the cERSL, they feel abysmal and need a return to their 5 damage.

#3 Rusharn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 224 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 11:55 AM

I concur the Nova with the cERSL wasn't great to begin with, but with the change, it was resulting in death as I always seemed to be just short of getting a kill shot, that resulted in taking counter fire that the Nova couldn't sustain.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users