76 replies to this topic

#1 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 09:43 PM

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/285251685

The only intention of this video is to show how ******* ridiculous and OP lurms are, for a weapon system that requires 0 skill. And what was that I heard? Lurms getting another buff next patch? **** off seriously.

#2 Eisenhorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 15 July 2018 - 10:07 PM

Lol ur team obviously more skilled.

#3 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 15 July 2018 - 10:38 PM

View PostYondu Udonta, on 15 July 2018 - 09:43 PM, said:

The only intention of this video is to show how ******* ridiculous and OP lurms are, for a weapon system that requires 0 skill. And what was that I heard? Lurms getting another buff next patch? **** off seriously.

CLRMs are actually getting nerfed overall, as the minor heat reduction does not compensate for the minor increase in spread. And that was indeed a fun match to play in, utterly thrashing Juju and his crew. We did get their Narcer very early on, which made huge difference.

Edited by El Bandito, 15 July 2018 - 10:42 PM.

#4 Hanky Spam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 202 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 11:04 PM

Lurms were already decent before the velocity buff.
They just weren't used as much as before because of good reasons.

I mean it was already possible before the buffs, to wreck teams in a 12-men drop with one or two narcers, but PGI apparently only balance the game on solo QP data and experience.

Dear PGI, aside solo QP there are also other modes where weapon systems can perform completely different as in your so much tested solo queue...

Hopefully someone will balance this balance guy...

#5 Nathan White

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Liao
  • 656 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 11:47 PM

Yondu? Lurms? Nooo! You were the chosen one! It was said that you would destroy the lurms, not join them! Bring balance to the game, not leave it in darkness!
Spoiler

#6 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 16 July 2018 - 12:30 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 15 July 2018 - 10:38 PM, said:

CLRMs are actually getting nerfed overall, as the minor heat reduction does not compensate for the minor increase in spread. And that was indeed a fun match to play in, utterly thrashing Juju and his crew. We did get their Narcer very early on, which made huge difference.

0.35 spread is actually marginal at best. Especially on the larger launchers as an overall percentage.

Once you count other factors in like Skill Maze, NARC, Artemis etc as well it is a very, very minor nerf that is more than offset by the heat which is a sizeable buff.

#7 MTier Slayed Up

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 717 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 12:46 AM

PRAISE BE TO CHRIS!

#8 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 12:58 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 16 July 2018 - 12:30 AM, said:

0.35 spread is actually marginal at best. Especially on the larger launchers as an overall percentage.

Once you count other factors in like Skill Maze, NARC, Artemis etc as well it is a very, very minor nerf that is more than offset by the heat which is a sizeable buff.

I'll take 16% reduced spread over 15% reduced heat any day, TYVM. One allows me kill faster, while the other allows me to sustain longer. I prefer to kill faster.

#9 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 02:56 AM

View PostHanky Spam, on 15 July 2018 - 11:04 PM, said:

I mean it was already possible before the buffs, to wreck teams in a 12-men drop with one or two narcers, but PGI apparently only balance the game on solo QP data and experience.

Dear PGI, aside solo QP there are also other modes where weapon systems can perform completely different as in your so much tested solo queue...

The more important issue is the counteracting part. Back then when my group drops in lurm heavy maps such as Caustic and Polar we decided to bring countermeasures such as ECM and AMS instead of bringing our own lurms. But now with the constant buffs to lurms these countermeasures are simply ineffective. As you can see from the video, it is not one or two volleys of lurms but sheets of lurms that are raining down. Perhaps you would like to tweet one of them darn balance devs this clip and see what the game has become since they don't play the game themselves?

View PostNathan White, on 15 July 2018 - 11:47 PM, said:

Yondu? Lurms? Nooo! You were the chosen one! It was said that you would destroy the lurms, not join them! Bring balance to the game, not leave it in darkness!
Spoiler

It was a one-off incident using lurms in FP Nathan, to fight fire with fire. I'm sorry I won't do that again, I will stick to my ERLLs Posted Image

Edited by Yondu Udonta, 16 July 2018 - 02:57 AM.

#10 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 16 July 2018 - 03:57 AM

Funny AF to watch the enemy side sit there and let you lerm them, potatoes in a barrel.

Easy to smash potatoes that are a bunch of unorganized cowards.

Easy to smash potatoes that do not or can not prepare for lermtards on the lermtard map.

Of course everyone blames lerms, right or wrong, when it looks like the enemy did zero to counter the inevitable spam.

More to the underlying issues then just lermtards.

Lerms OP when facing spuds and teamwork OP when you turn the tables on them.

#11 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 04:03 AM

As a CW player that plays in a premade all the time, let them 'balance' CW based on QP. Let them 'balance' the weapon systems based on SOLO play in the TEAMWORK Queue.

Only people this harms, in the long run, is those poor QP w/ respawn players that will continue to get the crap clubbed out of them.

Salt will flow and I will relish it.

#12 Daggett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,244 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 July 2018 - 04:33 AM

Uhm... how can this be proof? This was a staged match where everyone on both sides seem to run a lurm-boat, what did you expect? Also it took multiple LRM-boats a whopping 30s to kill that Raven. He only died because of the combination map+narc. Try that on Solaris please. Posted Image

Maybe that's one reason why balancing this game for everyone is harder than it seems? What is your proposal to make for example lurms and streaks equally viable for all players in all game-modes while trying to preserve the lore (they have to be guided) as much as possible? Posted Image

View PostYondu Udonta, on 16 July 2018 - 02:56 AM, said:

The more important issue is the counteracting part. Back then when my group drops in lurm heavy maps such as Caustic and Polar we decided to bring countermeasures such as ECM and AMS instead of bringing our own lurms. But now with the constant buffs to lurms these countermeasures are simply ineffective. As you can see from the video, it is not one or two volleys of lurms but sheets of lurms that are raining down. Perhaps you would like to tweet one of them darn balance devs this clip and see what the game has become since they don't play the game themselves?

Well if everyone brings lurm-boats and almost no AMS then of cause such crazy things happen. But this is not a typical match. Even on Polar i see rarely more than 2-3 LRM-boats on each side and even on Polar they are only dangerous in combination with either narc, a UAV not taken down or a good spotter. Out of those only narc is the real deal since if no one cares for enemy UAVs or spotters they kinda deserve to receive massive lurm damage.

View PostTWIAFU, on 16 July 2018 - 03:57 AM, said:

Funny AF to watch the enemy side sit there and let you lerm them, potatoes in a barrel.

Easy to smash potatoes that are a bunch of unorganized cowards.

Easy to smash potatoes that do not or can not prepare for lermtards on the lermtard map.

Of course everyone blames lerms, right or wrong, when it looks like the enemy did zero to counter the inevitable spam.

More to the underlying issues then just lermtards.

Lerms OP when facing spuds and teamwork OP when you turn the tables on them.

You realized that both teams only had lurmboats? And that the enemy team had several top players like juju and navid? And that the reds unfortunately lost their only spotter early on? How do you counter lerms when running them by yourself with your spotter dead?

It's soo easy to call others potatoes based on incomplete information...

Edited by Daggett, 16 July 2018 - 04:39 AM.

#13 Alexandra Hekmatyar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal
  • Marshal
  • 774 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 16 July 2018 - 05:09 AM

Being a drop caller is getting more unattractive by the day and part is LRM players on my side.
Apparently LRMS just brings the worse gameplay and non teamwork out of people, mostly they just stick to 1 map coordinate the entire match, it was already hard enough without the lurm boats but with the expected increase it's just gonna be a no, no.

PS: Enjoy my salt pile.

#14 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 06:02 AM

View PostYondu Udonta, on 16 July 2018 - 02:56 AM, said:

Mercstar sometimes drops in 12 man Crabs with AMS each, in Polar. Haven't lost to LRM boats when using those. There are counter measures.

#15 Serial Number

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 206 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 06:17 AM

Yondu running LRMs. Now I've seen everything.

#16 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 16 July 2018 - 06:32 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 16 July 2018 - 06:02 AM, said:

Mercstar sometimes drops in 12 man Crabs with AMS each, in Polar. Haven't lost to LRM boats when using those. There are counter measures.

Yea, I think opening with fast mediums or lights is going to become a lot more popular.

I'm also wondering how viable it would be to run "stealth armor" decks.... you could run a deck like:

* Stealth Fafnir w/ 2 gauss + 2 ERLL
* Stealth Thanatos w/ 2 gauss
* 2 Stealth Assassin w/ MRM 40

You would be immune to LRM's. The Fafnir can fire like 5-6 times under stealth with the ERLL's, and can just deactivate temporarily to cool off. The assassins get like 3-4 salvos before they need to go hot, and the Thanatos never needs to deactivate.

#17 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 06:43 AM

View PostDaggett, on 16 July 2018 - 04:33 AM, said:

You realized that both teams only had lurmboats? And that the enemy team had several top players like juju and navid? And that the reds unfortunately lost their only spotter early on? How do you counter lerms when running them by yourself with your spotter dead?

It's soo easy to call others potatoes based on incomplete information...

Only? Missed the non-lerms looks like...

What we watched were poo flinging monkies on both sides fighting over a bananna then complaining about it.

It was funny. And why drop on the lerm map knowing it is a lerm map and bring lerms and not be smart enough to bring counters to what you know will be there.

"Momma said; stupid is as stupid does".

#18 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 06:48 AM

View PostEisenhorne, on 16 July 2018 - 06:32 AM, said:

Yea, I think opening with fast mediums or lights is going to become a lot more popular.

I'm also wondering how viable it would be to run "stealth armor" decks.... you could run a deck like:

You would be immune to LRM's. The Fafnir can fire like 5-6 times under stealth with the ERLL's, and can just deactivate temporarily to cool off. The assassins get like 3-4 salvos before they need to go hot, and the Thanatos never needs to deactivate.

Not only viable, but FUN. Never be able to do that under PUG conditions, but with a team....

:)

Really makes the enemy angry, and I mean ANGRY, when you kick the crutch out from under them. Of course most can never understand to never let the enemy fight the battle they want to.

#19 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 07:17 AM

View PostEisenhorne, on 16 July 2018 - 06:32 AM, said:

Gauss build goes well with Stealth armor and Laser AMS.

#20 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 09:12 AM

Of course u can counter a lurm deck. Crab, Assasin, Bushi with ams will eat them. But how likely for a pug group to get this done? And to change decks in under 1 min?

Edited by Ignatius Audene, 16 July 2018 - 09:13 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users