Lrm Update

10 replies to this topic

#1 Domtik

Rookie

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 07:42 PM

I've played a couple hours tonight and even though I like the LRM it seems that it is being used excessively now.
Just curious as to everyones thoughts on this

#2 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 18 July 2018 - 04:30 PM

The only LRMs I've been up against lost... I'm not seeing any major change here.

#3 Spectralfx

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 July 2018 - 05:34 PM

People experiment with those as of any time PGI buffs them.

Hug cover, Use ecm or AMS and make sure not to forget the radar deprivation nodes and all will end up fine for you. =)

Edited by Spectralfx, 19 July 2018 - 05:36 PM.

#4 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 20 July 2018 - 09:11 AM

Hate to say it, but MWO has the worst LRMs of any MechWarrior game. I tried my LRM Mad Dog the night before the patch with TAG, but the results were so weak compared to any other weapon I had no reason to test the new nerfed Clan LRMs.

The issues I see with MWO LRMs is that when Assaults boat them they can carry so many the damage is crippling so they are balanced for Assault use only. They are not good enough to carry as a secondary weapon which is the common use in BattleTech.

Second issue is they are too weighted to indirect fire with little or no benefit when using with Line of Sight. Clan LRMs benefit very little from Artemis and TAG because they fire in a stream from the launchers whereas Inner Sphere Artemis and TAG tighten the missiles into a tighter ball that hits one mech section resulting in a crippling hit.

Anyway, I see no reason to use LRMs in Quick Play or Solaris 7. I think LRMs should function better if you are only firing 20-25 Inner Sphere or 30 to 40 Clan LRM. This would lower the number of LRM80-100 mechs and restore LRMs to something more like what BattleTech loadouts suggest.

Also, if you have LRM5 having the same spread value as LRM10 you missed the point of the role that small LRM launchers are attempting to fill.

#5 Calebos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 05:32 AM

Each freak is playing lrms at the moment. Sh*tting into own nest is the best thing pgi can do :) They do just so called ballance ...

#6 Scider

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 July 2018 - 06:16 PM

LRMs+NARC seem to be the new meta. Played a faction game on attack and we didn't even get inside the gate. I think the second wave of defenders ended up coming out to finish off the team. I don't even think it was us who opened the gate. Granted this was on Boreal, a map completely devoid of any LRM cover what so ever. Even the mountains don't stop them half the time.

Edited by Scider, 29 July 2018 - 06:35 PM.

#7 HammerMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 30 July 2018 - 04:50 AM

More cry.
Still feast or famine.
Counters out the wazoo and whiners still don't use them.
Sometimes I get wiped with 200 dmg.
Sometimes stars align it's 1400.
Get off my lawn!

#8 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 30 July 2018 - 04:57 AM

When are they actually effective?
200-500 meters
Why?
I'm with my team
Enemy's trying to duck out of a bad trade are lunch for me when I use tag and Artemis.
Their red cts can't take it.
Out of Los they retreat more.
When are they not effective?
AMS dummy!
ECM dummy! (Unless I can keep in LOS and tag)
COVER dummy
Over 600 meters! Dummy!

Edited by HammerMaster, 30 July 2018 - 11:19 AM.

#9 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 30 July 2018 - 08:17 AM

From a guy who uses LRM's. The new heat scale works well enough, better balance when you switch back to lasers after popping off a couple of LRM's so you don't cook yourself.

Problem is with the new spread. LRM's are doing a lot less damage, and from my own observation with a missile boat, I'm doing about half the damage I normally do. Far fewer kills, and less component destruction which helps my team mates win.

#10 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 11:53 PM

Bad Hit reg makes lrms do less damage as well
Just saying

#11 Galenthor Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 157 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 05:47 AM

hit reg still needs alot of work, and alot of folks out there seem to either refuse to use the defensive tools avail to them to defend against missiles ( and they prefer to whine about them instead: missiles op! missiles op!... yeah right ) ams, terrain, ecm when it's available... if folks play smart and use the terrain including buildings, that will shut down alot of missiles inbound, as will multiple ams systems stacked together...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users