48 replies to this topic

#1 Fighting Irish

Rookie

• Giant Helper
  • 3 posts
  • LocationEMEA

Posted 17 July 2018 - 10:29 PM

Hi,

I just reinstalled MWO last night Jul17 2018 via steam due to an ERROR CODE 63. It is still persisting after re-install. Anyone seen this? know a workaround? basically will not let me get past authentication portal. Whether you use a correct password or incorrect the error is the same (making me question is it even talking to the cloud server)

Sent logs to Bobby in support ([color=#444444]239189) but he seems stumped. my Ping is same as it always has been.[/color]

[color=#444444]/S[/color]

#2 eagleranger

Rookie

• The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 12:52 PM

i just had it happen to me in the middle of a match same thing Posted Image Posted Image

#3 NARC BAIT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 20 September 2018 - 04:20 PM

MWO needs to constantly maintain its conenction to the auth server, separate from the game server that your playing on ... its possible to have a routing issue, at any point along the pathway ... or maybe due to pure luck the magic packet that contains the auth checking stuff just keeps getting knocked out of the wifi air ... ...

#4 Soedrin

• PipPipPip
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • 68 posts
  • Locationbehind you...

Posted 17 October 2018 - 05:32 PM

View PostNARC BAIT, on 20 September 2018 - 04:20 PM, said:

MWO needs to constantly maintain its conenction to the auth server, separate from the game server that your playing on ... its possible to have a routing issue, at any point along the pathway ... or maybe due to pure luck the magic packet that contains the auth checking stuff just keeps getting knocked out of the wifi air ... ...

Do you or anyone know what port this authentication server is using?
Is it one of the TCP 45461 or 45464?
Is it within the UDP range of 21000-30000?

Suddenly i am getting error code 63s over the past week.
My loading screen takes forever.
Randomly getting "could not load all of your account info" .

#5 NineiBreaker

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 06:09 PM

I also have been getting error code 63 for 2 months now, have not been able to play the game at all. I tried forwarding the ports mentioned above and it did not work.

Tried steam and regular client, tried reinstalling both, tried a different PC, not luck at all.
Emailed MWO tech, tried what they suggested, emailed them ping tests, trace route, and DxDiag.

After that I have not heard anything from them since October 22nd, they have not replied to any email since then.

Did any of you guys have any better luck?

#6 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,659 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 08 November 2018 - 07:58 PM

Reboot modem/router/gateway.

Check security software/firewall logs.

Location, ISP, wired or wireless or cable, etc?

Brand/model of modem/router or gateway.

Temp work around, play via a VPN.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 08 November 2018 - 08:02 PM.

#7 NineiBreaker

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 08:48 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 08 November 2018 - 07:58 PM, said:

Reboot modem/router/gateway.

Check security software/firewall logs.

Location, ISP, wired or wireless or cable, etc?

Brand/model of modem/router or gateway.

Temp work around, play via a VPN.

The VPN trick worked, I now need to call my ISP and get them to unblock MWO.
I am assuming these IP addresses should do it

100 5.135.129.195

Edited by NineiBreaker, 08 November 2018 - 08:48 PM.

#8 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,659 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 09:59 PM

VPN does a few things, one of them is the likelihood of rerouting the pathway the game would normal take, potentially bypassing a problematic node. It could be your ISP or a router management center outside your ISP venue, especially if your ISP has to purchase their bandwidth from another service.

That is why I also asked ISP/Location, etc, previously we find out at times that the players posting connectivity issues are likely in the same region with the same ISP, or same region and their routing paths through the same area.

With a VPN, it hits that VPN servers then reroutes your data. So if it is not your ISP throttling or blocking specific packets (UDP and not TCP) but another router management center a few hops away from your ISP, then the VPN, besides it being more secure, it can also take a different path/routed differently.

My terms, may be slightly off

Example Your MWO > ISP > A > B> C > D > E etc to MWO primary server + regional combat server // And say the issue is at the C and/or D router management center... then use VPN Your MWO> ISP > A > M > N > >E etc to MWO server/regional server. It also hides the data type, ie UDP packet or TCP packets.

Tis why I like to use VPN to troubleshoot those type of issues. Even though a player's ping may increase, players have noted they are getting a steadier, lacking jitter issues.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 08 November 2018 - 10:05 PM.

#9 NineiBreaker

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 11:05 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 08 November 2018 - 09:59 PM, said:

VPN does a few things, one of them is the likelihood of rerouting the pathway the game would normal take, potentially bypassing a problematic node. It could be your ISP or a router management center outside your ISP venue, especially if your ISP has to purchase their bandwidth from another service.

That is why I also asked ISP/Location, etc, previously we find out at times that the players posting connectivity issues are likely in the same region with the same ISP, or same region and their routing paths through the same area.

With a VPN, it hits that VPN servers then reroutes your data. So if it is not your ISP throttling or blocking specific packets (UDP and not TCP) but another router management center a few hops away from your ISP, then the VPN, besides it being more secure, it can also take a different path/routed differently.

My terms, may be slightly off

Example Your MWO > ISP > A > B> C > D > E etc to MWO primary server + regional combat server // And say the issue is at the C and/or D router management center... then use VPN Your MWO> ISP > A > M > N > >E etc to MWO server/regional server. It also hides the data type, ie UDP packet or TCP packets.

Tis why I like to use VPN to troubleshoot those type of issues. Even though a player's ping may increase, players have noted they are getting a steadier, lacking jitter issues.

Thanks for the response!

Currently I am living in Dubai, and using Du as a ISP. This country blocks allot of things, they are known to block skype, voice chat on Discord, and a game or two that I do not play.
They could be blocking MWO, but I cant find any information on that. I have tried calling them but they are doing the its not our problem song and dance. So I sent an email hoping that gets a better response.

#10 Gleby4

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 272 posts
  • LocationRussia, Saint Petersburg

Posted 23 November 2018 - 02:46 AM

View PostNineiBreaker, on 08 November 2018 - 11:05 PM, said:

Thanks for the response!

Currently I am living in Dubai, and using Du as a ISP. This country blocks allot of things, they are known to block skype, voice chat on Discord, and a game or two that I do not play.
They could be blocking MWO, but I cant find any information on that. I have tried calling them but they are doing the its not our problem song and dance. So I sent an email hoping that gets a better response.

Same s**t here! I'm also in Dubai, and has the same problem. BUT i tried to connect at our office where the DU as well and it worked perfectly. But in the office there is businness connection. Skype is working there as well.

NineiBreaker, did you manage this one? I contacted with Du, they told me that they do not block any ports, and ping of all MWO servers work fine. tracert is working as well. I do not know what to do...

#11 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,659 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 08:27 AM

The OP's response in his second to last post said he used the VPN as a workaround.

Just googling (chuckles, that used to not be a word for searching the net..) gamers have had problems with DU ISP and the other Dubai ISP and over the years there will be instances that lasts for days or weeks where players on on ISP are having connectivity issues while players on the other ISP do not, with it flipping back and forward.

There is likely a difference between commercial and private lines in bandwidth and routing, or even from actual locations, residence and commercial. The game uses both TCP and UDP packets. With VPN connection the packet types are hidden, as well as the connection itself could be rerouted enough to bypass problematic spots/nodes, both within DU network and outside DU network.

So, first test, run with VPN. Next test and running without VPN, access your router software and locate the "security" section, ie SPI (stateful packet inspection) and disable it. This does NOT disable NAT hardware. If a line is "noisy" or if there is a problematic node that is being overloaded or other restrictions to it, and packets are being held up then released, SPI could potentially see it as an attack and temporarily close that specific port, or the line is laggy enough that is taking too long for the specific info the client is needing to arrive.

#12 Gleby4

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 272 posts
  • LocationRussia, Saint Petersburg

Posted 23 November 2018 - 09:43 AM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 23 November 2018 - 08:27 AM, said:

The OP's response in his second to last post said he used the VPN as a workaround.

Just googling (chuckles, that used to not be a word for searching the net..) gamers have had problems with DU ISP and the other Dubai ISP and over the years there will be instances that lasts for days or weeks where players on on ISP are having connectivity issues while players on the other ISP do not, with it flipping back and forward.

There is likely a difference between commercial and private lines in bandwidth and routing, or even from actual locations, residence and commercial. The game uses both TCP and UDP packets. With VPN connection the packet types are hidden, as well as the connection itself could be rerouted enough to bypass problematic spots/nodes, both within DU network and outside DU network.

So, first test, run with VPN. Next test and running without VPN, access your router software and locate the "security" section, ie SPI (stateful packet inspection) and disable it. This does NOT disable NAT hardware. If a line is "noisy" or if there is a problematic node that is being overloaded or other restrictions to it, and packets are being held up then released, SPI could potentially see it as an attack and temporarily close that specific port, or the line is laggy enough that is taking too long for the specific info the client is needing to arrive.

Thank you for advice. I'll try VPN (but in Dubai it is not really OK))), and I've checked router settings and SPI is already disabled. The same problems with connection to MWO i had even when connect my laptop directly to the Du wire without router. Today I tried to connect via hotspot through mobile phone - the same (phone provider is also Du)

#13 captainmorgan12

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 12:23 PM

hi 2/18/2019 anyone having error code 63 or is it just me i want to play please help and could u dumb it down a bit im not super computer savvy? ive tried unplugging router and ive tried turning off firewall...and computer restart and checking fire integrity thru steam

Edited by captainmorgan12, 18 February 2019 - 12:26 PM.

#14 Kimahix

Rookie

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 12:28 PM

View Postcaptainmorgan12, on 18 February 2019 - 12:23 PM, said:

hi 2/18/2019 anyone having error code 63 or is it just me i want to play please help and could u dumb it down a bit im not super computer savvy? ive tried unplugging router and ive tried turning off firewall...and computer restart and checking fire integrity thru steam

Hey bud, looks like an issue that PGI are having. They've reached out on Reddit about some issues that might be causing the problem. https://www.reddit.c...currently_down/

#15 Uakari

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 116 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 12:43 PM

same here

#16 Tigerius Altaica

• Pip
  • Mercenary
  • 13 posts
  • LocationSaxony

Posted 18 February 2019 - 12:46 PM

i still have this issue
T.A.
Germany, 21:45h CET

#17 Pat Siegason

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 12:52 PM

Error 63, was working earlier! rebooted everything this end, and tried VPN, no luck :(

#18 bongine

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 12:53 PM

just got the same problem
was log on and going into a game.
then end up whit an error 63
and cant get online now

and nice to see no admin or support comment in this tread

Edited by bongine, 18 February 2019 - 12:57 PM.

#19 rascje

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 431 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 12:55 PM

Same here Posted Image

#20 Jorid Hemaek

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 01:02 PM