13 replies to this topic

#1 RB55

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 13 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 19 July 2018 - 08:10 AM

After playing Solaris for the first time I will not be returning there under the current matchmaking. You pit lights against lone assaults. Any player knows this is a near impossible situation for the assault. He does not have the manuverability to even get a shot on a light. Only a stupid light pilot would lose this match. That is not competition. It compares to matching a Semi against a Top Fuel Dragster. The Semi will lose. Unfair matchmaking will end any game.

Edited by RB55, 19 July 2018 - 08:10 AM.

#2 Eisenhorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 19 July 2018 - 08:33 AM

Those poor, poor assault mechs. Won't somebody please think of the assault mechs?

#3 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 19 July 2018 - 09:46 AM

You need to rethink your strategy here, especially with that analogy. The semi will lose in a *race*, but Solaris 7 is not a race, it's Destruction Derby with auto-cannons. Put your back up against the wall and shoot his legs off, if you can't aim low enough, then your only chance is being near a ramp or blasting the little devil as it approaches.

#4 Agent of Change

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,119 posts
  • LocationBetween Now and Oblivion

Posted 19 July 2018 - 09:55 AM

View PostRickySpanish, on 19 July 2018 - 09:46 AM, said:

You need to rethink your strategy here, especially with that analogy. The semi will lose in a *race*, but Solaris 7 is not a race, it's Destruction Derby with auto-cannons. Put your back up against the wall and shoot his legs off, if you can't aim low enough, then your only chance is being near a ramp or blasting the little devil as it approaches.

An assault that accepts it's role as a giant turret that was accidentally given legs will tend to fair fairly well against lights in Solaris if it has enough sense to put it's back to a wall.

#5 Ssamout

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationPihalla

Posted 19 July 2018 - 01:52 PM

You need to land those two shots you got time for before the light hugs your legs and you're done. Other solution is to pack enough weapons in arms to kill the light hugging you leg, and die to most assaults you gonna face.

#6 DisasterTheory

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 371 posts

Posted 19 July 2018 - 02:08 PM

Now see... you guys are white knighting the living heck out of this thread when there is a legitimate problem. He has a valid point in being lights shouldn't be pitted against assaults period. Mediums yes, Assaults and heavies no.

Its broken in Quick Play and its Broken in Solaris.

Its broken, accept it and stop with the white knight trolling.

#7 SmokedJag

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 19 July 2018 - 05:38 PM

View PostSsamout, on 19 July 2018 - 01:52 PM, said:

You need to land those two shots you got time for before the light hugs your legs and you're done. Other solution is to pack enough weapons in arms to kill the light hugging you leg, and die to most assaults you gonna face.

Good and it needs to be in D1 as well. The small AC turrets are awful for the game.

#8 Surn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 19 July 2018 - 06:25 PM

Anyone down for 2v2 div 1? We can leg twice as fast!

#9 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts

Posted 19 July 2018 - 10:24 PM

View PostBLOODREDSINGLE, on 19 July 2018 - 02:08 PM, said:

Now see... you guys are white knighting the living heck out of this thread when there is a legitimate problem. He has a valid point in being lights shouldn't be pitted against assaults period. Mediums yes, Assaults and heavies no.

Its broken in Quick Play and its Broken in Solaris.

Its broken, accept it and stop with the white knight trolling.

Now see, maybe you oughta be a better pilot, see? If lights were so good in Solaris they'd be at the top of the assault divisions, see?

Edited by RickySpanish, 19 July 2018 - 10:26 PM.

#10 SpearHead3AD

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 02:24 AM

dont care what anyone says when u take a lite vs an assault if the lite is any good he will wipe out the assault

#11 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 10:26 AM

View PostSpearHead3AD, on 20 July 2018 - 02:24 AM, said:

dont care what anyone says when u take a lite vs an assault if the lite is any good he will wipe out the assault

Well perhaps I am wrong, perhaps right now Lights are dominating Assaults in all of the divisions that they are in. Would you be a doll and check for me?

#12 Uakari

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 116 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 04:36 PM

View PostRickySpanish, on 20 July 2018 - 10:26 AM, said:

Well perhaps I am wrong, perhaps right now Lights are dominating Assaults in all of the divisions that they are in. Would you be a doll and check for me?

Last time I checked I killed most Assaults with a Wolfhound with 4 Med Pulses, an Arctic Wolf with ATMs or an Piranha with 6 Heavy Mediums. Might be because of the Event going on though, many new players right now in Solaris i think. Saw some weird builds, that had to be some quickplay builds.

#13 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 09:48 PM

Long live Solaris! I think cbills and xp earns should be doubled from where it is now for winning, and tripled for losing.

#14 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 01:16 AM

View PostUakari, on 20 July 2018 - 04:36 PM, said:

Last time I checked I killed most Assaults with a Wolfhound with 4 Med Pulses, an Arctic Wolf with ATMs or an Piranha with 6 Heavy Mediums. Might be because of the Event going on though, many new players right now in Solaris i think. Saw some weird builds, that had to be some quickplay builds.

Sounds like fun, nowhere near my PC unfortunately, literally thousands of miles away in fact. Ah well!

Edited by RickySpanish, 21 July 2018 - 01:16 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users