Crab Pilot Looking For Other Mechs

Help Me Question

6 replies to this topic

#1 sgtarkeus

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 July 2018 - 09:27 AM

Hey guys, I'm a Crab pilot, specifically a CRB-27B with six ERMLs, AMS and a STD300 engine with 16 DHS. I like relatively fast mechs. My crab is mastered, and I'm working on a Nova S from the giveaway a while back. I'm looking for a mech with a similar play style to hit and run or nimble Crab/Nova that isn't a laser vomit mech.

I've tried a Marauder 3R but it seems to need a lot of face time with the popular builds and I can barely do anything in it before dying. Same with a Bushwacker X1, right now it has three MRM 10s, four MGs, and a LPL. I can barely do anything with it, which is strange as it moves just as quick as a Nova. My final mech is an AS7-D Atlas that does pretty well for me. The Atlas is fun, but not my normal play style, but has enough armor and firepower to make the slowness of a 100t mech work for me.

Anyway, what do you crab pilots like to drive besides crabs?

Thanks guys!

#2 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 19 July 2018 - 10:39 AM

Artic Wolf perhaps?

#3 Ruccus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 19 July 2018 - 02:10 PM

I'd suggest not using MRM10s on the Bushwacker; MRMs are more of a poke and retreat weapon more suitable for squishier mechs like the Hellspawn. Here are a few Bushwacker X1 builds I like:

BSW-X1 AC20+SNPPC
BSW-X1 3xASRM6, 3xMG, MPL
BSW-X1 2xAC10
BSW-X1 3xAC5 (uses stock XL engine, so stay on second line)
BSW-X1 2xUAC5
BSW-X1 2xRAC5
BSW-X1 Heavy Gauss (quirk armour helps keep the third LMG for much of the fight)

I think for you the triple ASRM6 build might be to your liking, with the others just giving you some ideas on what can be done. While it may be too slow for your liking I personally love the Bushwacker double AC10 build as an assault mech wingman, and the Bushwacker is one of the lightest mechs that has the durability to run dual RAC5s effectively.

#4 Xeno Phalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 19 July 2018 - 05:55 PM

Go check in on the Wolverine, handles like a wolfhound.

#5 sgtarkeus

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 July 2018 - 08:21 PM

Cool. Thank you guys. I'll take a look at an Arctic Wolf and the Wolverine as well as check out those builds for the Bushwacker.

#6 Brenden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts
  • LocationIS News Flash Breaking [:::]___[:::] News: at morning /(__)\ a patrol unit has (:)=\_ ¤_/=(:) seen the never /)(\ before witnessed [] . . [] strange designed /¥\ . /¥\ 'Mech

Posted 20 July 2018 - 09:38 AM

If you want some fast running and gunning, try a Phoenix Hawk. A little on the lighter end of the Medium Mech spectrum, but an all energy load-out means you won't ever run out of ammo.

#7 Cloves

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 561 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 06:11 PM

Problem is you are playing peek a boo with a facetank mech shape. If they peek, it will be some sort of hill hump. No other IS mech has that same flavor of maneuverability and tanky damage spreading. The marauder is best played like some sort of brawl/pusher, wait to commit till you find a firing lane with one guy, you don;t want to trade with two or more, then just facetank him till you are out of heat or he is dead, then repeat. My favorite marauder is a BH with UAC 20 and pulses. You can do the same sort of thing, but have to pick lighter targets if you spinal mount two ballistics on a bushwacker, it's got great convergence in it's torso mounts, just make sure you only push one guy, and only to the front. The crab can roll a little better like a humanoid mech would, the pie wedge shape of these two means you only wiggle your nose at them, the marauder can be be slow to turn it's boat like side torsos away if you do a full twist. The bushwacker was also good for IS for SRM boating, just has a ton of hardpoints, and is great at scouting.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users