8 replies to this topic

#1 0Carbon0

• PipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 32 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationDERP Community PR Officer

Posted 20 July 2018 - 01:09 AM

Why were the mountains blocked? This is stupid. Next lets block all the rooftops since assaults can't aim up at them. Oh wait, don't do that.

Unblock the mountains so I can continue to provide dynamic gameplay.

t. Shadowcat player

#2 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 20 July 2018 - 11:18 PM

View Post0Carbon0, on 20 July 2018 - 01:09 AM, said:

Why were the mountains blocked? This is stupid. Next lets block all the rooftops since assaults can't aim up at them. Oh wait, don't do that.

t. Shadowcat player

So i see that is now out of bounds... I do believe it was done (and needed to be done for a while now) for map balance.

Not to ruin your fun or anything, but that area was mostly accessible only from the docks side of the fight, so it was really granting a boon (even more than the docks themselves) to the team that spawned on the dock side, rather than the city side.

It will be missed though... but in the end I do believe it helps overall map balance.

#3 0Carbon0

• PipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 11:38 PM

I mean, "map design is hard" and all, but it was actually easiest to get up from the tunnel entrance. Getting up from the saddle side was more annoying. Either way, they should have just added a path or something instead of trying to block it off with invisible walls and crappy geometry. It gave lights/mediums a position to flank since going water side is just a way to get rekt by people sniping from the platform. Going around to the saddle is too time consuming with the TTK in this game.

#4 HammerMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 21 July 2018 - 12:50 PM

You mean!?!?!? people actually go to other parts of the map? Like 23,000 KMsq of map people only sit in a 100 meter stretch for tunnel(@nal). SHAME on them for doing something different than the other sheep/stagnant tactics!

Edited by HammerMaster, 21 July 2018 - 12:51 PM.

#5 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 01:24 PM

BTW, what a great way to keep people running the same STAGNANT gameplay on this map. As I outlined above the mad rush to tunnel and under platform fully UNDERUTILIZES the map. Just like old therma. A beautiful map thousands of square kilometers wasted due to one central feature. AND NOW these "no fly zones"
PATHETIC!

Edited by HammerMaster, 22 July 2018 - 01:24 PM.

#6 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 22 July 2018 - 11:11 PM

View Post0Carbon0, on 20 July 2018 - 01:09 AM, said:

t. Shadowcat player

Lol shadowcat player want's to hide and snipe with a couple of ERLL.

Are you one of those infuriating types that hides on the walls on HPG and occasionally pokes out while his team gets obliterated then spends the rest of the match running away?

Forgive me if not.

Edited by mad kat, 22 July 2018 - 11:13 PM.

#7 0Carbon0

• PipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 12:04 AM

View Postmad kat, on 22 July 2018 - 11:11 PM, said:

Lol shadowcat player want's to hide and snipe with a couple of ERLL.

Are you one of those infuriating types that hides on the walls on HPG and occasionally pokes out while his team gets obliterated then spends the rest of the match running away?

Forgive me if not.

I'm one of those players that regularly carries matches with 600+ dmg in a shadowpleb. It works good as a sniper but I tend to medium range flanking harass with it. Its pretty easy to harass the assault lance and squirrel them away from the rest of the team so they are down 2-4 mechs.

Back on topic, the map already goes for a corridor meta, we should have more flexibility. Another map with geometry & invisible wall issues is grim plexus, I can't jump to certain platforms because of invisible walls. It's just lazy map making.

#8 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 12:07 AM

Maybe 1 match in 20 someone went to the top of that mountain in my experience and I have more than 2000 matches on it... so blocking off a huge section of map, from every mech capable of 50 meters or more jump distance... really annoying. So what...they just want LRM mechs hiding behind buildings instead ? Why bother to have different elevations of terrain at all or jump jets. Why not make it so every map is just flat, level, no cover, no strategy...just DPS and that's it.

#9 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 04:27 PM

Ya the dirt bag who hides and Snipes is infuriating.
But to remove the freedom to do so makes the already limited brain power of the lemmings that roll to the blasted tunnel and platform even more infuriating.
It's a cop out for bad map design. Bad tactics are exacerbated.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users