Weird Grafics Bug

6 replies to this topic

#1 suffocater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 570 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 04:29 AM

I was buying oneshot after oneshot and than this happend to most of the mechs and on logout the game froze.

Posted Image

#2 suffocater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 570 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 05:09 AM

Happend again after some more pattern switrches. Updated my grafics driver tot the newest before (398.36).
This time the mech-model went to one color and the game crashed directly.

EDIT: looks a little bit like a kind of overflow. The game got a little more laggy with every mech switch.

Edited by suffocater, 21 July 2018 - 05:10 AM.

#3 Calebos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 01:19 PM

Eintopf made in Max. :)

#4 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 04 August 2018 - 05:03 AM

@ suffocater --- I suggest you back-level your NVidia Driver Package slightly, if you can. PGI's known for being laggy about keeping up with the latest Driver Suite. I'm running one from the 38x.xx series, and thankfully not having any problems like that. :)

~D. V. "Just making note of a possible option..." Devnull

#5 suffocater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 570 posts

Posted 04 August 2018 - 05:13 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 04 August 2018 - 05:03 AM, said:

@ suffocater --- I suggest you back-level your NVidia Driver Package slightly, if you can. PGI's known for being laggy about keeping up with the latest Driver Suite. I'm running one from the 38x.xx series, and thankfully not having any problems like that. Posted Image

~D. V. "Just making note of a possible option..." Devnull

I know more now. This has nothing to do with the drivers and happens on AMD-cards too. It's just another part of bad PGI-coding.

#6 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 06 August 2018 - 10:22 AM

View Postsuffocater, on 04 August 2018 - 05:13 PM, said:

I know more now. This has nothing to do with the drivers and happens on AMD-cards too. It's just another part of bad PGI-coding.

I run on an AMD card, and I've never had this kind of problem, but that doesn't exclude anything.

Have you by some chance tried to use the MW:O repair tool from the patcher/portal? This almost looks like some kind of texture pack linkage issue to me. It almost appears that it can't find the correct path to the camo pack/texture pack for the mech(s) in question, or something...

Is this happening on just the Ravens for you, or are other mechs being affected?

#7 suffocater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 570 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 11:55 AM

View PostTesunie, on 06 August 2018 - 10:22 AM, said:

I run on an AMD card, and I've never had this kind of problem, but that doesn't exclude anything.

Have you by some chance tried to use the MW:O repair tool from the patcher/portal? This almost looks like some kind of texture pack linkage issue to me. It almost appears that it can't find the correct path to the camo pack/texture pack for the mech(s) in question, or something...

Is this happening on just the Ravens for you, or are other mechs being affected?

The Mech has nothing to do with it. It happens too when you just change too many colors etc. This game is just not written to do the same thing over and over again.
I don't care anymore, it happend only about four times while switching patterns and colors of my over 400 mechs. I am done and will propably never see this bug again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users