Poll: Do You Enjoy Diversity Of Mechs In Solaris Divisions?

21 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you enjoy the diversity of mechs in each division? (43 member(s) have cast votes)

Yes/no

1. Yes, the mechs in each division is fun and diverse (9 votes [20.93%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.93%

2. No, I meet the same mechs and builds nearly every match (34 votes [79.07%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 79.07%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 04:33 PM

I played at least 10 matches in every division, and I'm burned out. For example, I met almost all AC2 Annihilators in Div 1, save for a Kodiak-3 once. Is my experience unique or common?

#2 Red-Mattila

• PipPipPip
  • Warrior - Point 1
  • Warrior - Point 1
  • 65 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 05:22 PM

I play mostly division 4 and I see Jaegers every other match. But even when it's not its usually just 2 or 3 of the same chassis.

#3 Marius Evander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 06:01 PM

Div 1 has 2 diff builds on the anni 2A and the occasional huntsman/articwolf trying to shoot their legs off , div 2 is king crabs and corner poking fast laser lights to counter them, div 4 is jagers and fast corner poking lights to shoot their arms off, the other MAJORITY of the divisions have decent variety.

#4 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 23 July 2018 - 04:32 AM

Jager belongs in Div 2, not 4. KDK belongs in Div 2 as well, IMO - it's considerably out-DPSed by the annihilators.

#5 Marius Evander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 04:47 AM

Div 4 meta is actually not the jager only if you look at leaderboard.

#6 Red-Mattila

• PipPipPip
  • Warrior - Point 1
  • Warrior - Point 1
  • 65 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 04:59 AM

View PostCadoazreal, on 23 July 2018 - 04:47 AM, said:

You might want to tell the top 5 in division 4 then, because I just checked and all but 1 of them are running jagers.

#7 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 07:26 AM

The turret jagers amuse me. five AC2s... oh well that's a light fusion... aim CT... six... XL...aim shoulder. The trick with them is to deny them maps/position where they can use the range and 2000 velocity to whittle down your armor. Creep out, hug terrain. Get them to waste ammo. Or setup an ambush and pulverize from point blank range (preferably leading with an alpha to the backside as they walk past you). They're fundamentally just a 65 ton mech with a serious lack of durability quirks.

#8 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 23 July 2018 - 07:40 AM

Yeah, well, too many people try to engage them head on and get cored for their trouble.

#9 Mighty Spike

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 23 July 2018 - 11:26 AM

Diversity???? Hahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahhaahahhaaaa good one
Posted Image

#10 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 23 July 2018 - 11:58 AM

Jagers in Div.4 no point bringing my Shadhawk 2d2, Div.2 A mix of Cyclops KGC and some random Heavies, my Spirit Bear can handle it until one decides to play stay and the corner warrior then I just deny the guy and play time and juat go reading for 5 mins. Div.3 don't bother I don't have quirked out mech with armor bonus deal with guys in Victors.

Idc in general but I really love to see weight divisons in Sol.7 it make things much simpler and you dont be thrown a match where you lost through the elevators because 80-90 ton mech vs a 55 tonner is a fair fight.

#11 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 08:20 PM

Div 4 a zeus or a victor is more useful than those ammo limited jagers. I was amused lastnight by several MPL boated mediums and heavies (especially thunderbolts). Great...you have 7 lasers with optimals around 300 meters. Meanwhile I do 50 damage per volley at 630 meters.

#12 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 11:44 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 23 July 2018 - 08:20 PM, said:

Div 4 a zeus or a victor is more useful than those ammo limited jagers. I was amused lastnight by several MPL boated mediums and heavies (especially thunderbolts). Great...you have 7 lasers with optimals around 300 meters. Meanwhile I do 50 damage per volley at 630 meters.

MRMs at max range?

#13 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 24 July 2018 - 11:57 AM

The Zeus is legit in Div 4, the ZEU-9S is good with 6 MPL + MRM40. I'll have to give it a shot again with the recent armor nerf to the Jager's arms, maybe they're easier to blow off now.

#14 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 07:45 PM

View PostNightbird, on 24 July 2018 - 11:44 AM, said:

MRMs at max range?

Which is all the range you need on most every map.

#15 Red-Mattila

• PipPipPip
  • Warrior - Point 1
  • Warrior - Point 1
  • 65 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 08:20 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 24 July 2018 - 07:45 PM, said:

Which is all the range you need on most every map.

If you're fighting a tree, I love fighting mrm boats in my hunchie IIC just do a little side stepping and half the missiles miss.

#16 Red-Mattila

• PipPipPip
  • Warrior - Point 1
  • Warrior - Point 1
  • 65 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 08:23 PM

View PostEisenhorne, on 24 July 2018 - 11:57 AM, said:

The Zeus is legit in Div 4, the ZEU-9S is good with 6 MPL + MRM40. I'll have to give it a shot again with the recent armor nerf to the Jager's arms, maybe they're easier to blow off now.

They're easier to blow off for sure but you need pinpoint damage first off because you have to make sure all the damage is actually going to the arms and second because the screen shake is ridiculous. Good luck getting a second shot to land with mrms if you can't see.

#17 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 06:27 AM

I find it funny Cado felt so strongly as to vote with 3 accounts.

#18 Red-Mattila

• PipPipPip
  • Warrior - Point 1
  • Warrior - Point 1
  • 65 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 04:11 PM

View PostCadoazreal, on 23 July 2018 - 04:47 AM, said:

Not meta huh? Funny I've ran you into twice and guess what you're running? I suppose in your mind you're anti-meta so it's okay.

#19 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 08:25 AM

Unless there is a Dom circle with cover that forces mechs to come fight, ranged DPS big mechs that back up as far as possible into their spawn is all we'll ever see in the higher weight brackets.

#20 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 30 July 2018 - 09:27 AM

Lots of complaining about diversity and what not but I’ve only had issues with annihilators in div 1. They should be in a division by themselves...every other assault being able to out-dps them (marginally) really doesn’t mean anything when they have 125 more ct armor than anyone else. I generally see four or five different builds in div 2 and 3.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users