9 replies to this topic

#1 UnofficialOperator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,493 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 23 July 2018 - 07:11 PM

You don't need seismic if you have headphones.

#2 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 08:09 PM

I solaris with loud industrial music setting my firing tempo

#3 UnofficialOperator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,493 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 23 July 2018 - 08:18 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 23 July 2018 - 08:09 PM, said:

I solaris with loud industrial music setting my firing tempo

Too bad, luxury tax then

#4 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,697 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 24 July 2018 - 01:43 AM

• FOCUS YER FIRE. 94 points of alpha is useless if you splash it all over the enemy mech.
  • Avoid sticking ammo in your legs. Players with half a damn clue will aim for legs first.
  • Avoid shaving armor from your legs unless you're exclusively a sniper build (in which case use terrain to shield them).
  • Aim for legs if you can. Losing a leg will hurt the enemy mech's maneuverability and make it easier to get behind them (if you're a brawler) or to keep them in LOS (if you're ranged). Tends to be much easier than coring the mech out.
  • Don't overstock on ammo. You don't need it to last an entire QP match, just enough to annihilate the heaviest opponent you can considerably face in this division.
  • Make sure your build can manage heat well. You need both some burst damage and sustained fire capability, with the latter being reasonably heat efficient.
  • If you're running anything that's not a light, OVERRIDE and learn to ride that heat scale like a surfboard. If you kill the enemy while your mech is cooking, you still win.
  • Avoid stock loadouts and trial mechs, they're garbage. Seriously, guys - if I see you in the trial Uziel or trial Bushwacker, then you've lost the match before you entered the queue. Run chassis and builds you're familiar with and can already do well in.

View PostUnofficialOperator, on 23 July 2018 - 07:11 PM, said:

You don't need seismic if you have headphones.
Very true.

Edited by Horseman, 24 July 2018 - 01:43 AM.

#5 Linksdx

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 91 posts

Posted 22 December 2018 - 04:33 PM

you fogot to add if you see a kingcrab prepare to lose half your armor in 3 seconds >_>

#6 Alcom Isst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Professional
  • The Professional
  • 935 posts
  • LocationElo Heaven

Posted 23 December 2018 - 02:22 AM

View PostLinksdx, on 22 December 2018 - 04:33 PM, said:

you fogot to add if you see a kingcrab prepare to lose half your armor in 3 seconds >_>

Why would you take a mech that can neither properly use cover or tank the damage output of a king krab in a division that has king krabs?

The division has king krabs. Be prepared to fight king krabs because you will have to fight king krabs.

#7 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 23 December 2018 - 08:48 AM

^that. Top 19 in div 2 are king crab builds except merata and virtually dark...and I have no idea how virtually dark pulls it off with the LB20's and an XL. He's got to be running in super hot and hoping to completely core their CT at point blank and hope it's before he overheats and pops himself.

#8 Linksdx

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 91 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 02:23 PM

View PostAlcom Isst, on 23 December 2018 - 02:22 AM, said:

Why would you take a mech that can neither properly use cover or tank the damage output of a king krab in a division that has king krabs?

The division has king krabs. Be prepared to fight king krabs because you will have to fight king krabs.

i do but even with 120 front armor 3 seconds of fire means a huge chunk is gone >_<

#9 Alcom Isst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Professional
  • The Professional
  • 935 posts
  • LocationElo Heaven

Posted 23 December 2018 - 02:39 PM

View PostLinksdx, on 23 December 2018 - 02:23 PM, said:

i do but even with 120 front armor 3 seconds of fire means a huge chunk is gone >_<

Well you have three solutions depending on your mech and build.
  • DPS - Do even more damage than the Krabble inside those three seconds.
  • Brawl - Between firing large alphas, twist it off and guarantee that the Krabble can't focus a single component.
  • Poke - Don't' expose for 3 seconds, expose for a brief second, fire, hide, and deny the Krabble's DPS.

#10 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 23 December 2018 - 04:18 PM

If you can't brawl in div 2 then you need to be able to peek a boo. The last thing I want to see when I drop is a piranha with just one ppc.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users