31 replies to this topic

#1 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 24 July 2018 - 05:53 AM

... but not a single team was available.

I reckon PGI should be forced to field a 12-man in FP when there's a 12-man of paying customers waiting for a match.

I mean, we paid good money for all these Mech Packs and Bays and Drop Decks. They kind of owe it to us to provide the opportunity to use the product they sold ;)

And hey, some experience in playing their product might also help them in other ways...

Can I get an 'amen'? (Or better still, a damned '12-men'.)

Edited by Appogee, 24 July 2018 - 05:32 PM.

#2 GBxGhostRyder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 119 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 07:08 AM

View PostAppogee, on 24 July 2018 - 05:53 AM, said:

... but not a single team was available.

I reckon PGI should be forced to field a 12-man in FP when there's a 12-man of paying customers waiting for a match.

I mean, we paid good money for all these Mech Packs and Bays and Drop Decks. They kind of owe it to us to provide the opportunity to use the product they sold.

And hey, some experience in playing their product might also help them in other ways...

Can I get an 'amen'? (Or better still, a damned '12-men'.)

This Downward spiral of player uninstalls has been going on from Closed Beta many have tried to help PGI and the Devs from the old guard Mechwarrior4 community to the Current MWO community what's left of it and they just ignore there Community and players now few are left to play CW or FP as it is called now.

I and many other players have tried to explain why some games stay highly populated 100,000 + for 10+ years or more its because of a very Socially active community many of us wanted from the start a Clone of the old MSN gamming Zone lobby system to chat unite for games find friends and new players to drop into games with as well as provide invaluable training and retention for new players.

But no says PGI were like WOT unsocial and sterile in our game ideas. Well even WOT,s player base is in steep decline but they started out with 5-10 million players and MWO started out with 1.5 million players so its taking longer to die out.

PGI can turn this game around by looking back at what worked for MW3-MW4 on the old MSN gamming zone where you could chat and play with people all over the world 24/7 7 days a week even on its last day of operation for Mechwarrior4 it had 6 lobby's full and over 500,000 players playing a month.

PGI in 5 years has learned very little about there own game or there own community hiding on twitter or rededit almost wanting there own game to die and be gone. And that's if the Devs are even running or developing MWO anymore I can tell by what a flop Solaris was it probably was a Jr Wannabe Dev that designed it.

#3 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 09:12 AM

Started by Appogee, Today, 05:53 AM <---- if you were trying to get a game this early in the morning on a Tuesday that may be the reason. Try mondays around 6pm est to 12am est. Fridays and Saturdays are useualy chain matches for me.

#4 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 24 July 2018 - 09:15 AM

View PostGrus, on 24 July 2018 - 09:12 AM, said:

Started by Appogee, Today, 05:53 AM <---- if you were trying to get a game this early in the morning on a Tuesday that may be the reason. Try mondays around 6pm est to 12am est. Fridays and Saturdays are useualy chain matches for me.

Yup. Gotta drop in prime times, otherwise just do quick play. FP is fairly active during this time. I have a ~10% dry drop rate this month (I've actually been keeping track), which is kinda annoying, but not the end of the world.

Edited by Eisenhorne, 24 July 2018 - 09:15 AM.

#5 Alexandra Hekmatyar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal
  • Marshal
  • 774 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 24 July 2018 - 09:51 AM

Don't forget with all the 'events' it also drains FP dry since everything is mostly focused around QP and now Solaris it seems.
There are not a lot of dedicated Faction players that only do faction play.

#6 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 11:40 AM

Faction Play, more like Bandwagon Simulator

#7 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 05:32 PM

Started by Appogee, Today, 05:53 AM <---- if you were trying to get a game this early in the morning on a Tuesday that may be the reason.

It was late night where I am :) Not sure what time it was for the other 11 guys queuing with me, but I know that several are located in Canada.

Try mondays around 6pm est to 12am est. Fridays and Saturdays are useualy chain matches for me.
Thanks for the advice.

#8 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 24 July 2018 - 06:14 PM

On right now, nothing happening in FP,  got on early to see if things are better at this time, seems the same, just watching searching.
jumped through TS channels, only one has enough for a group, more then enough, not going to sit and wait there, just as bad as watching the circle search.

Edited by Xaat Xuun, 24 July 2018 - 06:29 PM.

#9 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 06:57 PM

running my Clan alt, and nothing happening, just call to arms popping

Edited by Xaat Xuun, 24 July 2018 - 06:59 PM.

#10 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 07:45 PM

Just got a couple of matches as IS just now. Had to wait 20 minutes as we weren't a full group.

#11 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts
  • LocationCurrently dodging the pugs war crimes tribunal

Posted 24 July 2018 - 08:17 PM

Wait what? The mode has finally entered its death spin after year of players shouting "WE TOLD YOU THIS WOULD HAPPEN"
NOO.....lolz

#12 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 08:40 PM

View PostAppogee, on 24 July 2018 - 07:45 PM, said:

Just got a couple of matches as IS just now. Had to wait 20 minutes as we weren't a full group.

interesting thing is, that match I had against you, was right after I made that post, same thing happened on the first reply, right after I posted, I got a match . . think I'll complain/whine here more often, might get more matches quicker,

forgot to include:
what's the point in getting prime time any more, if 80% is used on the search circle

Edited by Xaat Xuun, 24 July 2018 - 08:44 PM.

#13 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 09:42 PM

according to the battle log, there has not been a match in the past hour, last win was IS and over a hour ago

#14 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 10:57 PM

View PostXaat Xuun, on 24 July 2018 - 08:40 PM, said:

what's the point in getting prime time any more, if 80% is used on the search circle

Interesting question.

#15 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 11:43 PM

FP schedule based on +8 GMT weekdays

Gully D starts playing around 1800
Charodey starts playing around 1800
Skyravenwood starts playing around 2300
UN2 starts playing around 2300
GCGB starts playing around 0000

That's for clans. Not sure about -LAS/WDMC

Major starts playing around 1800
IS FP regulars start playing around 2000
TCAF/MAC4 start playing around 2200
OSOS starts playing around 2300

That's for IS. Not sure about -BO-. 228WO will drop for some FP games post training I think around 1900?

My stack runs either side based on which is more required and if there are enough players to form a big enough stack.

All I could think of as of now. I don't play NA primetime so idk about who plays at that time. It helps to have a comprehensive friends list so that you can find people who want to play FP and know if there is an opposing stack ready for games. Avoiding stacks doesn't really happen anymore because stacks are about the same strength (taking people who want to play FP instead of people who are skilled enough to play FP). The population of FP players have definitely decreased but with enough FP people in one's list you can more or less find out whether you will waste your time ghostdropping or not.

Hope this helps. Weekends have a way higher chance of drops. Clan pugs are way less than IS pugs so if you are forming a Clan stack you need to drop with a minimum of 10 or else you have to watch a spinning circle.

Edited by Yondu Udonta, 24 July 2018 - 11:45 PM.

#16 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 July 2018 - 01:48 AM

View PostYondu Udonta, on 24 July 2018 - 11:43 PM, said:

FP schedule based on +8 GMT weekdays

Gully D starts playing around 1800
Charodey starts playing around 1800
Skyravenwood starts playing around 2300
UN2 starts playing around 2300
GCGB starts playing around 0000

That's for clans. Not sure about -LAS/WDMC

Major starts playing around 1800
IS FP regulars start playing around 2000
TCAF/MAC4 start playing around 2200
OSOS starts playing around 2300

That's for IS. Not sure about -BO-. 228WO will drop for some FP games post training I think around 1900?

My stack runs either side based on which is more required and if there are enough players to form a big enough stack.

All I could think of as of now. I don't play NA primetime so idk about who plays at that time. It helps to have a comprehensive friends list so that you can find people who want to play FP and know if there is an opposing stack ready for games. Avoiding stacks doesn't really happen anymore because stacks are about the same strength (taking people who want to play FP instead of people who are skilled enough to play FP). The population of FP players have definitely decreased but with enough FP people in one's list you can more or less find out whether you will waste your time ghostdropping or not.

Hope this helps. Weekends have a way higher chance of drops. Clan pugs are way less than IS pugs so if you are forming a Clan stack you need to drop with a minimum of 10 or else you have to watch a spinning circle.

I saw that you analyzed the drop times of all FP players on the world...is that the reason you are online to every prime time? Do you have an alarm clock? :P

But thats really cool and it really works to look on which side more pilots are needed. Although i hate to drop against you^^

#17 Lyons De Flamand

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 146 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 02:10 AM

Thrown in with the 'FP regulars'... You wound me Yondu

#18 Hanky Spam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 202 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 03:03 AM

This game is somewhat like dead and especially the faction play game-mode
For europeans the more interesting player/units start playing at around 22:00 CEST, which should be currently 16:00 EST.
Any fights before that are rarely challenging (mostly seal clubbing), if they actually happen at all.
No wonder why more and more people stop playing this game OR they start dropping in small groups so that it is more challenging for them. However, then again you often run into the problem that there are not enough players to even get a lobby.

If this negative development continues I'll definitely stop playing this game. Faction Play is the only reason that keeps me playing this game at all.

#19 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 05:27 AM

View PostBishop Six, on 25 July 2018 - 01:48 AM, said:

I saw that you analyzed the drop times of all FP players on the world...is that the reason you are online to every prime time? Do you have an alarm clock? Posted Image

But thats really cool and it really works to look on which side more pilots are needed. Although i hate to drop against you^^

Naw man I ain't online every prime time, would love to play during NA prime time but that's early morning/bloody late night for me. Interesting matches during weekends for NA primetime I must say, more unit action.

View PostLyons De Flamand, on 25 July 2018 - 02:10 AM, said:

Thrown in with the 'FP regulars'... You wound me Yondu

I would throw you under the not enough data analyzed Lyons, only know your unit drops on Mon and Thurs, timing unknown though.

#20 SmokeGuar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 450 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 01:11 PM

Paying customers can now choose to play on any side. Lot of active players piling on one side has funny effect.
Further nerfing one side, or buffing other, also has strange effect on players nerfed side.
Personally, I am still relatively active on FW, but currently drop less than tenth what used to be earlier.
What community is asking and what PGI is delivering will shrink FW to a game mode where active base can be put on one tiny room.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users