For 45 Minutes The 12 Of Us Queued...

31 replies to this topic

#21 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 05:06 AM

well, we can partially blame the events for sure.
we could even blame the pts (lol, right..?)

but personally and honestly -and don't take it as an insult- I'm blaming -us-
(where -us- is the fw-(ir)regulars, no matter the quality. just one of those names you see often in fw)

-we organise ourselves into 12men and then (usually after a loss or 2) try to avoid other 12men - or disband.
leads to long wait times and/or makes us crush into puggies, who usually get rofl-stomped and insulted from various guys, making sure they never turn up in fw again; yeah, quite a few might deserve that, otoh you're also booting out possible new guys who -could- be saved from the qp-madness.

-oh, and don't get me starting on the trolling.. many of -YOU GUYS- (excluding myself here!) started trolling other teams long ago with the 'nuffin but lurms' approach, while others stay in the back on purpose, farming and hiding for their pitiful mechlives..
doesn't make a fun game on the lurmer-side, sure as hell not on the recieving end either.
oh, and it's no fun to roll them with an organised crew either, just kinda .. rewarding. still no fun.
and no, I'm not salty.
just disappointed that the fw-community has come to this.

we can blame pgi for many many - god knows I do.
still can't blame them for the sh*tshow that's being pulled off in fw atm, that's totally on many of -us-
we do know better, we should act better. and yet.. it's troll or be trolled. it's not the environment I came to know and it's not an environment I enjoy. so everybody: just continue the path you're on and in a few weeks there will be -1- 12men crew not finding a game -at all-. ofc you can then blame pgi for that ;-)

had to be said, I have my peace now. feel free to start your bashing, "we do it for a higher purpose" and 'git gud' nonsense ;)

#22 GBxGhostRyder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 119 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 08:05 AM

View PostTeenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, on 28 July 2018 - 05:06 AM, said:

well, we can partially blame the events for sure.
we could even blame the pts (lol, right..?)

but personally and honestly -and don't take it as an insult- I'm blaming -us-
(where -us- is the fw-(ir)regulars, no matter the quality. just one of those names you see often in fw)

-we organise ourselves into 12men and then (usually after a loss or 2) try to avoid other 12men - or disband.
leads to long wait times and/or makes us crush into puggies, who usually get rofl-stomped and insulted from various guys, making sure they never turn up in fw again; yeah, quite a few might deserve that, otoh you're also booting out possible new guys who -could- be saved from the qp-madness.

-oh, and don't get me starting on the trolling.. many of -YOU GUYS- (excluding myself here!) started trolling other teams long ago with the 'nuffin but lurms' approach, while others stay in the back on purpose, farming and hiding for their pitiful mechlives..
doesn't make a fun game on the lurmer-side, sure as hell not on the recieving end either.
oh, and it's no fun to roll them with an organised crew either, just kinda .. rewarding. still no fun.
and no, I'm not salty.
just disappointed that the fw-community has come to this.

we can blame pgi for many many - god knows I do.
still can't blame them for the sh*tshow that's being pulled off in fw atm, that's totally on many of -us-
we do know better, we should act better. and yet.. it's troll or be trolled. it's not the environment I came to know and it's not an environment I enjoy. so everybody: just continue the path you're on and in a few weeks there will be -1- 12men crew not finding a game -at all-. ofc you can then blame pgi for that ;-)

had to be said, I have my peace now. feel free to start your bashing, "we do it for a higher purpose" and 'git gud' nonsense Posted Image

I have to say your right on some aspects and dead wrong on the real reason CW/FP has died out year1 of CW there were so many players on teams playing CW that PGI servers would crash constantly and 30+ TS3 channels were full it was a good time and much fun sure it was not perfect but most excepted the fact PGI and the Devs were new to this IP and gave them the benefit of the doubt on changes to the game.

But soon it became apparent to most PGI and the Devs had stopped listing to there community and there ideas about the game and instead would make rash decisions on changes to balance and mech designs that there paying consumers highly disagreed with.

Also the fact PGI and the devs were in a war of control for MWO from IGP which in fact was one in the same LLC but with different ideas on MWO'S future so with all this going on PGI basically said FUUUUU to there community and hid from them on twitter and rededit totally pissing off a huge portion of the old MWO game populace and resulting in over 500,000 player installs in 2 years.

So CW was renamed FP with new meta and metrics and it lived on like a large city dying of populace and on the edge of becoming a ghost town.TS3 channels dried up as well and the remaining players devoid of control by PGI or the community played on preying on same teams and others including new player which resulted in more uninstalls.

Many including me have tried to help PGI and the Devs for 5 years with common sense ideas for balance gameplay and new player retention only to be silenced and banned for our efforts most of the people from previous MW-BattleTech have uninstalled and moved on not willing to fund or believe the Devs anymore on there true intentions for MWO.

The old words I hear anymore from the Devs is try this new game mode IE (Solaris) which totally flopped because it was implemented so horrendously that its is a clone of the old NHUA gameplay on Mektek which was massively unbalanced and gameplay became stale and redundant very fast only a few played it for very long.

So keep posting folks but don't get any hopes up PGI or the Devs will change the core of MWO to be player friendly and fun ever again as far as CW goes. I can only look back 15 years ago to the real golden age on MechWarrior on the old MSN gamming zone and all the varied leagues running and spectacular varied game play from players all over the world 24/7 7 days a week 1 million strong.Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#23 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 28 July 2018 - 03:04 PM

have you all thought how many we lost from the 32bit players ?

#24 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 07:18 AM

PSA: ARC7 will be dropping tonight, from about 7pm est to about 12 est.

#25 KHAN ATTAKHAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 446 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 30 July 2018 - 08:04 AM

I said a long time ago, the more the competitive guys bagged new players who were still in the learning stage and wanted to try F/P or C/W back then and even called for a ban on them it would have a catastrophic effect on the game mode and the game, after all if you went somewhere and you were immediately set upon by an entire community you'd pack your bags and leave, if you knew the place was so toxic you'd warn everyone you knew and they'd warn everyone they knew and we the dedicated players would suffer the consequences, you want to blame someone for the way F/P or the game has gone then yes I agree PGI should have listened when we were throwing every idea we had at them, after all the firs rule is use every resource to succeed, but later it became the competitive elite players constantly whinging and whining about the new players that did the most damage and now everyone is whining that there are long wait times or no-one online, of course not they've gone to less toxic grounds, we the players are to blame and I'll repeat it one last time, shut up about the new players, stop knocking them here in the forums where they come to first to check us out and help them out, POINT THEM IN THE DIRECTION OF TRAINING UNITS LIKE CBK, WE STILL DO IT BUT THERE NOT MANY UNITS LIKE US LEFT, YOU MIGHT JUST GET SOME DECENT PLAYERS FROM IT AND A FEW MORE MATCHES.

Edited by KHAN ATTAKHAN, 30 July 2018 - 08:06 AM.

#26 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 30 July 2018 - 08:10 AM

View PostKHAN ATTAKHAN, on 30 July 2018 - 08:04 AM, said:

I said a long time ago, the more the competitive guys bagged new players who were still in the learning stage and wanted to try F/P or C/W back then and even called for a ban on them it would have a catastrophic effect on the game mode and the game, after all if you went somewhere and you were immediately set upon by an entire community you'd pack your bags and leave, if you knew the place was so toxic you'd warn everyone you knew and they'd warn everyone they knew and we the dedicated players would suffer the consequences, you want to blame someone for the way F/P or the game has gone then yes I agree PGI should have listened when we were throwing every idea we had at them, after all the firs rule is use every resource to succeed, but later it became the competitive elite players constantly whinging and whining about the new players that did the most damage and now everyone is whining that there are long wait times or no-one online, of course not they've gone to less toxic grounds, we the players are to blame and I'll repeat it one last time, shut up about the new players, stop knocking them here in the forums where they come to first to check us out and help them out, POINT THEM IN THE DIRECTION OF TRAINING UNITS LIKE CBK, WE STILL DO IT BUT THERE NOT MANY UNITS LIKE US LEFT, YOU MIGHT JUST GET SOME DECENT PLAYERS FROM IT AND A FEW MORE MATCHES.

Lots of the "new players" do not want to learn. They want to play their own way, which is just demonstrably less than optimal. The other day, a guy was asking me about his Phoenix Hawk build. Wanted to know if he should put small lasers or ER small lasers on it, to go with his machine guns and ERPPC. I told him he shouldn't mix ranges like that, and that he should focus on being close range and using pulse lasers and machine guns. His response was that he likes it with multiple ranges like that, and wants to leave it that way. Well then why ask for help with your build in the first place if you've already decided what you want to do?

I've told people in Faction Play drops what they should bring in future maps. Like, don't bring light or medium mechs on wave 1 of an assault. They never respond. They never say, "OK, I'll remember that for next time, thanks". They don't say anything at all. They are unable or unwilling to learn. Referring them to a training unit would be useless, because they just want to play their own game and not play as part of a team.

#27 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 08:33 AM

View PostEisenhorne, on 30 July 2018 - 08:10 AM, said:

Lots of the "new players" do not want to learn. They want to play their own way, which is just demonstrably less than optimal. The other day, a guy was asking me about his Phoenix Hawk build. Wanted to know if he should put small lasers or ER small lasers on it, to go with his machine guns and ERPPC. I told him he shouldn't mix ranges like that, and that he should focus on being close range and using pulse lasers and machine guns. His response was that he likes it with multiple ranges like that, and wants to leave it that way. Well then why ask for help with your build in the first place if you've already decided what you want to do?

I've told people in Faction Play drops what they should bring in future maps. Like, don't bring light or medium mechs on wave 1 of an assault. They never respond. They never say, "OK, I'll remember that for next time, thanks". They don't say anything at all. They are unable or unwilling to learn. Referring them to a training unit would be useless, because they just want to play their own game and not play as part of a team.

^^^ this. One of the reasons if im going solo in FP im not being serious. Ill try diffrent builds/strats/possitions and such. Only time ill get serious is if there is a team dropping and im not with 11 other randos. Then ill bring the good decks and folliw calls. Because trying to have 11 other players move as one and target the right target is like trying to heard cats.. idk if its my luck or what but i run into the kind of player x11 eisenhorne has decrived on my team. No ammount of "schooling" will change thier mind.

#28 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 30 July 2018 - 11:47 PM

I tried some Quick play . . gave up looked at the War Log, no battles in the past 2 hours

#29 creativeabyss

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 02:38 AM

View PostEisenhorne, on 30 July 2018 - 08:10 AM, said:

i dont think thats true. the splurg of "new player looking for unit to learn in" threads gives lie to your whole hyposthesis. theres a large gaggle ofpeople like you describe, and they tend to stick in the memory, but a lot of the new players ive met are actually interested in learning. maybe the type your describing finally died out

#30 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 31 July 2018 - 03:40 AM

View PostXaat Xuun, on 30 July 2018 - 11:47 PM, said:

I tried some Quick play . . gave up looked at the War Log, no battles in the past 2 hours

Any surprise at 3.47AM?

#31 dante245

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 577 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 September 2018 - 07:59 PM

its cause you idiots dont fight to make the game better..then ***** cause people leave.

#32 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 08:46 PM

View Postdante245, on 07 September 2018 - 07:59 PM, said:

its cause you idiots dont fight to make the game better..then ***** cause people leave.

Dante245... this thread was done back in July...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users