fast play solaris group

4 replies to this topic

#1 Lahila Astravnar

• Pip
  • Giant Helper
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 07:07 AM

Hello.
For fight matches for the last event, I created a group of 2 and launched the match research.
For each division, we were not able to find another group to fight (Europe, 13:30 GMT) in Solaris.
Than we tried to play a fast play and after 10-12 minutes, no match started (changed mech from assault to light one, also).
After to have left the group, I launched a normal fast play match, and I started to fight after 1 minute.
Why to find a fight for a group has been so hard?
Thank you

#2 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 09:59 AM

Probably not a lot of people on in your region.

When you drop as a 2 man in GQ matchmaker needs to find a group or groups that will make up an entire team.

Theres almost always some peeps in NA, I'd try that server.

#3 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,269 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 26 July 2018 - 09:43 AM

View PostLahila Astravnar, on 24 July 2018 - 07:07 AM, said:

Hello.
For fight matches for the last event, I created a group of 2 and launched the match research.
For each division, we were not able to find another group to fight (Europe, 13:30 GMT) in Solaris.
Than we tried to play a fast play and after 10-12 minutes, no match started (changed mech from assault to light one, also).
After to have left the group, I launched a normal fast play match, and I started to fight after 1 minute.
Why to find a fight for a group has been so hard?
Thank you

Nobody plays Solaris because If I wanted to play alone or with just a friend I would either play lan or a singleplayer.

Regarding the PuG Queue versus group PuG Queue its a simple mathematical problem.
When droping in GPuG-Queue the matchmake tries to match your team versus an enemy team in terms of averange tonnage and player PSR. When two go into group to be matched with 10 others your search time is highly dependant on the Groups that are online during that time. Most of those groups are more than 3.
So when you eliminate 2 and 3 player groups who is left to be matched with you: 10 players, 2x5, 4+6...now that is a narrow and when you pilot the wron mechs like heavys and assaults a highly unlikely match to be found.

#4 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 09:20 AM

At what time of the day?

On which server?

This is a small game/community, you can really only expect to get fast matches at peak times.

Edit: I can assure you that you aren't being gated due to PSR or tier ranking. GQ matchmaker gives literally zero ***** about trying to create teams with even PSR or tonnage.

Edited by Prototelis, 31 July 2018 - 09:21 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users