Can Someone Explain What The Issue Is With Annihilator Pilots?

17 replies to this topic

#1 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 24 July 2018 - 06:37 PM

When you buy an ANH do you have to sign an agreement or something that says you will be a complete troll about it? Every match is "haha I totally rekt you" if they win, and the most ridiculous whining when they lose.

Of course, out of fairness, half of them either don't comment at all or they are pretty cordial/polite..but the other half are trying to make up the difference. I've been playing for years and up until now I only ever blocked one person...but I've grown a dozen since playing Solaris.

#2 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 24 July 2018 - 07:05 PM

lol, that's because they're sweaty man. easy to see that.

#3 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 24 July 2018 - 07:30 PM

I posted this because one particular player's tirade over having lost to something so inferior as a DWF-UV...but I've played four other Annihilator people and they were all pretty chatty and fun matches. Maybe they just come in waves.

#4 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 24 July 2018 - 08:16 PM

View PostMakenzie71, on 24 July 2018 - 07:30 PM, said:

I posted this because one particular player's tirade over having lost to something so inferior as a DWF-UV...but I've played four other Annihilator people and they were all pretty chatty and fun matches. Maybe they just come in waves.

yep. with each group comes the bad apples. always.

#5 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 25 July 2018 - 12:42 AM

Nothing to do with the ANH itself. Some players just have extremely poor form. It's like that in all divisions.

Edited by Horseman, 25 July 2018 - 12:44 AM.

#6 Pak Hammond

• PipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 63 posts
  • LocationTrying to run on a connection that has to cross oceans

Posted 29 July 2018 - 02:11 PM

Heh. Had a match against an annihilator pilot, where I removed both his torsos and he said it was a lucky kill......... Pretty sure the kill was deliberate on my side, but whatever.
Then again I do get a bit salty with people constantly legging me. Abused one poor guy after a match instead of the gg. Wasn't really his fault but this was the 4th match on a row that tactic was used. One leg is fine, but both is not on if you are in a medium or heavy.

#7 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 29 July 2018 - 02:24 PM

I generally leg annihilators...I feel a bit bad about it with other mechs but it’s my go to for the ANH and I get a lot of grief over it. They whine about being legged and my ambush tactics but I’m not sure what they expect when they come on the field carrying 130 more CT armor than anyone else. A Dire Wolf’s or a Mauler’s greater potential firepower really isn’t going to mean anything against an ANH with AC10’s or dual heavy gauss in a face to face brawl.

#8 RickySpanish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 29 July 2018 - 07:22 PM

Annihilators, like their pilots, tend to be big and dumb ;)

#9 1stimpact

• PipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 10:24 AM

View PostMakenzie71, on 29 July 2018 - 02:24 PM, said:

I generally leg annihilators...I feel a bit bad about it with other mechs but it’s my go to for the ANH and I get a lot of grief over it. They whine about being legged and my ambush tactics but I’m not sure what they expect when they come on the field carrying 130 more CT armor than anyone else. A Dire Wolf’s or a Mauler’s greater potential firepower really isn’t going to mean anything against an ANH with AC10’s or dual heavy gauss in a face to face brawl.

Yeah it makes fighting ANH a pain, I play strictly Clan tech (except for Div 6 or 7) so you can not Assault brawl or exchange in a 1v1 with them. Speed is the absolute winning factor to an ANH.

#10 Sharla

Rookie

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 01:27 AM

Let me give a tactic that Ani is going to use vs speed.
They are going to camp at the border point. Wait for you. You can never go behind them. They will go draw with you then losing. and if you make the mistake of trying to do 180 degrees turn instead of 360 circling them, Ani will owned you. Ani rulez in Div 1. King Crabs in Div 2 and 3. There is no reasons to lose except for some major mistakes.

#11 Dionnsai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 469 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 12:56 PM

How to kill an Annihilator in Solaris, part 1 and 2: https://youtu.be/q8FIfoAcnj8 - https://youtu.be/3_Nr9KHA-48

#12 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 01:02 PM

View PostDionnsai, on 08 August 2018 - 12:56 PM, said:

How to kill an Annihilator in Solaris, part 1 and 2:

What’s it say that I knew who it was before clicking the link? You should see what he’s like when you take his legs out. Out of curiosity, was that today?

Actually had really good luck with annihilators lately...between tips here and reddit I’ve tweaked my setup, stepped outside my comfort zone a bit, and got a really good build that can tank their firepower long enough to take their legs out.

It’s you in that stupid Quickdraw I hate now lol

Edited by Makenzie71, 08 August 2018 - 01:07 PM.

#13 Dionnsai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 469 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 01:13 PM

View PostMakenzie71, on 08 August 2018 - 01:02 PM, said:

What’s it say that I knew who it was before clicking the link? You should see what he’s like when you take his legs out. Out of curiosity, was that today?

Actually had really good luck with annihilators lately...between tips here and reddit I’ve tweaked my setup, stepped outside my comfort zone a bit, and got a really good build that can tank their firepower long enough to take their legs out.

It’s you in that stupid Quickdraw I hate now lol

Yes but I try to be nice about it ;) You have to admit, I was even nice to that guy!

#14 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 01:39 PM

I can’t read the text on my little screen here, but I’m familiar enough with him to know what kinds of things he says. The only thing I can recall having seen you say is “gg” in a match.

#15 DarkFhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 06:31 AM

I keep my chat disabled . I don't want to taunt or be polite nor do I care for your GG comments .

I wanna blow you up or cook myself trying .

#16 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 06:33 AM

I don’t disable my chat...sometimes a comment it warranted...but I seldom respond to anyone. It goes mostly ignored.

#17 Dionnsai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 469 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 07:57 AM

Most other pilots are fairly cordial, and some genuinely want to learn, I have no problem talking and even sharing builds with people who are struggling.

#18 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 09 August 2018 - 08:11 PM

Real man play div 7 :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users