2 replies to this topic

#1 Mister Maf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 351 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 26 July 2018 - 10:58 AM

Hey all. A couple patches ago I made this thread:

As you can see in the video above — in a quickplay match on Tourmaline Desert, my pilot model reverted to the default T-pose and clipped through the top of my cockpit. Thankfully it courteously decided to float just above my head so I could still see during the match...

The first hint that something was awry was that the startup sequence animation seemed to freeze, although I confess I didn't catch much because I was tabbed out to Google Chrome on another monitor in borderless windowed mode and thus wasn't paying a huge amount of attention until I noticed the game appeared to be frozen. When I tabbed back in and the startup sequence finished, things snapped back to normal, camera being flanked by pilot boots notwithstanding.

Unfortunately, I don't have any other information to provide to reproduce this bug. It's the first time I have encountered it, and nobody else on my team had encountered it before either.

My hardware:

GPU: Nvidia GTX 970
CPU: Intel i5-6600K @ 3.50GHz
RAM: 16 GB DDR4

I was asked in the thread at the time whether I ever encountered the issue again, and whether the pilot protruded through the cockpit of the mech in third person also. I have now encountered this bug a second time, so it's not just a one-off glitch, though I still have yet to encounter anyone who has seen this bug besides myself, so maybe it's somehow something on my end.

Anyway, The Second Encounter:

The pilot in fact does not protrude from the third person model, as one would hope as rendering the pilot model in third person view would be a waste of resources.

Anyway, I haven't really observed a pattern here; this is unfortunately all I have on the issue for now unless anyone else has had the experience of wearing their own feet as earmuffs while piloting their mech.

#2 HA HA POOP

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 58 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationMexico

Posted 27 July 2018 - 01:54 PM

I reported same bug back in june 21: https://mwomercs.com...ing-wrong-here/

#3 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,652 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 28 July 2018 - 05:56 AM

And both are you, in a another thread, noted the use of sound mods, which could have unintended effects. Just saying. Play without the sound mods (and any other mod, if applicable) and see if the issue still arises. In other games the techs would advise to use run without mods to see if the player can still replicate the issue.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 28 July 2018 - 05:58 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users