- - - - -

Sorry Guys, I Have To Stop Playing...

13 replies to this topic

#1 Phoenix 72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 09:42 PM

After all this time, I finally have a positive win/loss ratio. Sorry guys, but I cannot risk it. I am retiring. ;)

And I am this close "--" to Tier 2, too.

***This achievement has been provided to you by Darakor's sense of humour. We do not accept responsibility for anybody actually believing it.***

#2 Phoenix 72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 06:20 AM

I should have listened to my own joke... I am 0:5 since posting it... ;)

#3 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 29 July 2018 - 08:40 AM

Welp, that's what you get for not heeding your own advice.

Side note: I've been heeding it since the Fleas came out. Figure a break would help me appreciate it again. In the mean time it's been VC, BT modding and teaching my wife X-com in the hope that she'll go from that to BT/Megamek.

#4 Phoenix 72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 29 July 2018 - 09:43 AM

Yeah, the joke was on me. I am 5/15 with 1 Tie since posting this. On the plus side, I have hit Tier 2.

What can I say, I still have some Mechs I need to skill up. My Crab 27, Shadow Hawk 2H and Marauder 3R are must haves... Have kinda given up on the Cougar E and the Arctic Cheetah.

While there are plenty of things that annoy me during matches, it is mostly players and rarely the game. So I guess I will continue playing for a while longer. :) Need to try getting my even win/loss ratio back. ;)

#5 PrimarchCorvus

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 01:43 AM

oh

#6 ClockworkDragon

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 01:12 PM

I've never lost a game in my professional career as a mechwarrior. I did once get 22 kills in a 12 on 12 skirmish match.

#7 B0oN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 01:59 PM

What does it matter again in which Tier one is, remind me real quick, will ya ?

#8 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 30 July 2018 - 07:52 PM

just means one plays quick play

#9 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 09:02 PM

View PostB0oN, on 30 July 2018 - 01:59 PM, said:

What does it matter again in which Tier one is, remind me real quick, will ya ?

Tier 1 is where the objectives don't matter, teamwork doesn't matter, everyone is out to kill each other the fastest with the cheesiest meta build possible to achieve high kdr and points.

(And the poor tier 2-# saps that are their cannon fodder.)
;)

(not 100% serious but generally true for many tier 1 players.)

(at least those that claim to be.)

#10 Phoenix 72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 09:37 PM

Since the worst players are generally Tier 5 (not meaning all Tier 5 players are bad), I am actually hoping for a better match experience, where single people do not wander off doing stupid stuff. As I am also told that a much higher percentage of people in T5 and 4 use lurms than people in T1 and 2 do, I am hoping for fewer Polar Highlands lurm standoff matches. And if there are (m)any, I hope since people know how to beat them, I no longer have to talk myself hoarse on voice to get anybody to move.

Probably hoping in vain, but there it is. :)

#11 Torage

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 12:42 PM

The tier system is more akin to experience and leveling, although you can technically move backwards, you can still move up the ranks with a very negetive win/loss ratio if you play enough. That said, MWO and piloting a mech take some practice to get used to, so the players, although not nessesarily extreamly skilled, are less likely to fumble at stearing thier mech, fail to lick targets, or fire arm weapons into a wall, among other game quirks unique to MWO. That said, k/d and w/l anxiety is real, but most teams or units that credentials like that would be important to, are up for discussion.

Stay in there champ!

Additionally, most active players are probably in tier 2-3 (if there is a place to view this information that i am unaware of and I am wrong please let me know). and there are plenty of players using LRMs, although most of them will have a strong enough map awareness and missile pathing awarenesd to be dangerous on all maps and not just polar.

Edited by Torage, 08 August 2018 - 12:49 PM.

#12 TooDumbToQuit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 12:44 PM

I totally understand. I have not played a game since I hit Tier 2.

#13 Phoenix 72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 09:25 PM

I am still playing. Slowly creeping up to an even win/loss again, too. ;) If I do reach it, I wonder how long it will last this time. ;)

I am also far enough into Tier 2 to not lose it even if I get another 10 losses in a row.

#14 Tier5 Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 05:39 AM

View PostDarakor Stormwind, on 30 July 2018 - 09:37 PM, said:

Since the worst players are generally Tier 5 (not meaning all Tier 5 players are bad), I am actually hoping for a better match experience, where single people do not wander off doing stupid stuff.

Hah hah, no it doesn't work like that.

It's slightly more likely that the single player wandering off doing stupid things, to be on enemy team. But on good side, there's not much difference between tier 1 and 2. Remember it's not a level. MM uses several tiers all the time. So in essense you are already in tier 1.

While there's some real difference between 1-3 and 3-5, and huge difference between 1 and 5.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users