Lrms Are Great

6 replies to this topic

#1 PobbestGob

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 197 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 01:25 AM

Haven't played the normal client for a while cuz the game isn't very fun anymore imo, but tried the PTS to rain potatoes on people. Turns out even in 4v4 lrms are pretty effective with the new buffs lol. I ran an LRM 90+art nova cat with tag for a few games and the heat buffs make clicking the red circle much easier to sustain. I was able to stand and click continuously without much heat at all, and with a competent team never had any trouble getting rushed, which in a 12v12 environment would be even easier. The spread wasn't an issue and the constant tsunami of lrms was able to core people out quickly.

Also tried LB60 annihilator which brushed off clan laser damage with ease. From what I'm seeing the clan laser mechs are getting stomped pretty hard, with IS able to step on them without much thought.

c-gauss shake was annoying and unnecessary. Clan isn't much fun to play anymore, and the effectiveness of something as easy to use as LRMs is ridiculous. Building memes on the PTS was fun, but with the state of MWO not getting any better, agility still painfully slow, lasers meh, constant nerfs making more mechs gather dust in the mechbay, etc, I'll be heading back to playing warframe for now.

#2 Serenna187

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 11:11 AM

If the current clan LRMs are good at something,then its failing to actually kill.I scored 1516 damage on polar some days ago in my blood asp (LRM 40,LBX20 and 4 ER Med),launched about 1700 missiles and barely even destroyed components and the only kill came from my LBX

I use LRM as closing weapon or to finish people off,now it does neither properly

#3 PobbestGob

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 197 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 11:32 AM

View PostSerenna187, on 28 July 2018 - 11:11 AM, said:

LRM 40

Posted Image

#4 Serenna187

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 11:39 AM

View PostKill2Blit, on 28 July 2018 - 11:32 AM, said:

Posted Image

Those shabby 40 got me about 1k damage!Also,I don't boat LRMs,ever,period,i'm annoyed of defenseless camping boats and won't get myself into the same spot
Sadly enough,my Highlander IIC with LRM30 scored reliable kills pre nerf,now its magic to hit an atlas ct with artemis

#5 PobbestGob

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 197 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 11:57 AM

View PostSerenna187, on 28 July 2018 - 11:39 AM, said:

Those shabby 40 got me about 1k damage!Also,I don't boat LRMs,ever,period,i'm annoyed of defenseless camping boats and won't get myself into the same spot
Sadly enough,my Highlander IIC with LRM30 scored reliable kills pre nerf,now its magic to hit an atlas ct with artemis

I didn't notice much of a difference in the spread, but I never used LRMs much anyway lol. If you boat enough of them though the vast number of them is enough to sandblast much of anything.

#6 IronEleven

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 84 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 03:00 PM

I lived to see the day where a LRM90 Nova Cat is viable threat in a 4v4 scenario. RIP fun.

#7 Stealth Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 736 posts
  • LocationOff in the Desert

Posted 29 July 2018 - 05:27 PM

Mad Dogs with LRM 60. Good enough damage to get the match score before the three Assaults on the 4 man enemy team kills you.. not really a way to kill though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users