Pgi Are You On Drugs

SRM ghost heat

5 replies to this topic

Poll: Ghost Heat (13 member(s) have cast votes)

Should the Ghost Heat system be completely reworked from scratch?

1. Yes (10 votes [76.92%])

Percentage of vote: 76.92%

2. No (2 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

3. Other (see comment) (1 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Generic Internetter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 29 July 2018 - 04:38 AM

PGI are you on drugs?!
Do you have a team of baboons making game design decisions now?!

Posted Image

How did you come to the decision that firing more than 1 SRM gives ghost heat?
So now if I fire as little as two SRM2s at once I am penalized.
Do you realize how many variants you just gimped straight out of the game?!
(Answer: Almost every variant with more than one missle hardpoint, except for niche builds that use different types of missiles)

I read your recent patch notes about SRMs and you didn't mention nerfing SRMs out of existence. You just vaguely stated that you "have a direction" and something about SRM "roles".

Seriously PGI you need to *completely rethink the entire ghost heat system*.
Every time you mess around with quirks and nerfs it begins to feel like MWO is an "interactive museum", not actually a game.

#2 Mister Maf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 351 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 29 July 2018 - 04:48 AM

You must have an MRM40 or RL20 in there somewhere or something. The number of weapons you can fire simultaneously without ghost heat depends on what weapons you are using.

#3 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,652 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 29 July 2018 - 11:49 AM

SRM (4 & 6 only), MRM, and RLs are in a linked group for heat. SRM 2 and Streaks are not included in that group linked. (just tested it out)

https://mwomercs.com...-a-tooltip-bug/

https://mwomercs.com...t-heat-for-mrm/

https://mwo.smurfy-n...eapon_heatscale

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 29 July 2018 - 11:49 AM.

#4 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,657 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 31 July 2018 - 08:19 AM

It's got to be the MRM 40 or maybe rocket launcher 20. I don't think any other missiles are limited to 1.
Granted, the warning message can easily lead to the wrong conclusion. OP, try a different combo and the text should change.

#5 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 01 August 2018 - 12:29 AM

There should neither be a need for a ghost heat system nor should there be anything like pinpoint alphas of nearly 100 points.

I did understand why activision made the MW titles of old like shooters, due to tech level and keeping things simple for the ppl of yesterday.
I grumbling accepted why Microsoft made MW4 still like a shooter to keep the feeling of their precursor games.

But 10 years after MW4 there was no reason why non new technologies and absolutely no gameplay mechanic was implememnted to make this game more of a mech sim and less of an cheapass arcade shooter.

#6 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 01 August 2018 - 07:15 AM

View PostThe Basilisk, on 01 August 2018 - 12:29 AM, said:

There should neither be a need for a ghost heat system nor should there be anything like pinpoint alphas of nearly 100 points.

I did understand why activision made the MW titles of old like shooters, due to tech level and keeping things simple for the ppl of yesterday.
I grumbling accepted why Microsoft made MW4 still like a shooter to keep the feeling of their precursor games.

But 10 years after MW4 there was no reason why non new technologies and absolutely no gameplay mechanic was implememnted to make this game more of a mech sim and less of an cheapass arcade shooter.

Blame the esports/cod crowd. Now that we are how many years in? Now they are invested. Right, wrong(yes wrong) or indifferent.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users