Pts 1.1: C-Lpl Vs C-Erppc

9 replies to this topic

#1 RelativeQuanta

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 30 posts

Posted 29 July 2018 - 04:43 AM

So far I've found that the changes to laser duration and having the total damage restored on the PTS to work better than patch 1.0. However, the cLPL nerfs seem too heavy handed. Especially since it is the same weight and slot size as a cERPPC.

cLPL:
Damage: 11
Heat: 10
Cooldown: 3.2
Duration: 1.3
Optimal range: 600m
Max Range: 840

cERPPC:
Damage: 10 + 5 splash
Heat: 14.5
Cooldown: 5
Optimal Range: 810m
Max Range: 1620

So the DPS for a cLPL is now just 2.44 while the cERPPC has a DPS of 3.0.
DPH is 1.1 (cLPL) vs 1.03 (cERPPC)
HPS is 2.2 vs 3

Basically, the cERPPC deals more pinpoint damage, at massively greater range, with more DPS than the cLPL. It only looses in the heat department and not by a significant amount if not continuously firing. It's objectively better in the alpha department too.

The ghost heat limit of 2 on the cERPPC isn't really hindering it comparatively since you can fire three cERPPCs (1st at 0s, 2nd at 0.5s, and 3rd at 1.0s) on chain fire during the burn duration of the cLPL and not trigger ghost heat. If the even spacing seems hard, just think of two fast clicks and one a hair later, that works too (0s, .1s, .6s). It's really easy to do!

TLDR: Why would I ever use a cLPL over a cERPPC?

#2 Rydiak Randborir

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Kapten
  • Kapten
  • 103 posts
  • LocationJarnfolk Cluster

Posted 29 July 2018 - 11:37 AM

The cLPL deals more pinpoint damage than the cERPPC. One point more, to be exact. The 5 splash damage (2.5+2.5) of the cERPPC, by nature of being splash, isn't pinpoint.

#3 SmokedJag

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 29 July 2018 - 12:07 PM

View PostRydiak, on 29 July 2018 - 11:37 AM, said:

The cLPL deals more pinpoint damage than the cERPPC. One point more, to be exact. The 5 splash damage (2.5+2.5) of the cERPPC, by nature of being splash, isn't pinpoint.

It is however guaranteed to drop 10 points on a component. The LPL needs a very steady aim and cooperative target to achieve that.

#4 Rydiak Randborir

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Kapten
  • Kapten
  • 103 posts
  • LocationJarnfolk Cluster

Posted 29 July 2018 - 12:13 PM

And thus the difference between PPFLD and duration-based weaponry. Did people complain about cERPPC when cLPL was 12 damage? No, because cERPPC has been weak for some time now.

I personally think cLPL's duration is too long on PTS 1.1, for the record.

#5 RelativeQuanta

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 30 posts

Posted 29 July 2018 - 01:15 PM

View PostRydiak, on 29 July 2018 - 12:13 PM, said:

And thus the difference between PPFLD and duration-based weaponry. Did people complain about cERPPC when cLPL was 12 damage? No, because cERPPC has been weak for some time now.

I personally think cLPL's duration is too long on PTS 1.1, for the record.

Sure, I'm not trying to argue that there isn't a distinction between PPFLD and duration-based weaponry. Just that, as it stands on the test server, cERPPCs are objectively better than cLPLs. That's just wrong. The cLPLs should have something to distinguish themselves. Their lower HPS makes them a little bit better at not shutting you down in brawl range, but if you manage your heat well, cERPPCs beat them there too.

#6 Reno Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 July 2018 - 10:59 AM

I would prefere pulse lasers to be very fast.
Something like around 1s cd and around 0.6s duration with 1/2 of the dmg and 1/2 of the heat they have now to make them true dps.

Or at least have pulse lasers max at 0.99s duration.
The tonnage and slot difference to ERlasers should have some kind of balance.

At least the dps/ton, tick/ton should be very similar.

#7 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,529 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 30 July 2018 - 11:32 AM

View PostReno Blade, on 30 July 2018 - 10:59 AM, said:

I would prefere pulse lasers to be very fast.
Something like around 1s cd and around 0.6s duration with 1/2 of the dmg and 1/2 of the heat they have now to make them true dps.

Or at least have pulse lasers max at 0.99s duration.
The tonnage and slot difference to ERlasers should have some kind of balance.

At least the dps/ton, tick/ton should be very similar.

They definitely have a problem where they feel to similar in role to that of standard lasers. Though I kinda wish pulse lasers were meant to be the accurate alpha-oriented weapons and standard lasers be meant for DPS but maybe that's just me.

#8 Jackal Noble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 30 July 2018 - 12:01 PM

Agreed. like shorter duration, but longer cycle, maybe even hotter.

#9 RelativeQuanta

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 30 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 02:45 PM

I don't know, I agree that pulse lasers should have a different niche than the ER lasers, but I feel that building them as the super short duration laser just takes the ER laser's current role. ER lasers are just then have slightly better range as their role.

Doesn't it make more sense for pulse lasers to be the lower heat, high dps, brawling laser? They sorta already have that role, especially with the small pulse laser.

#10 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 12:45 AM

View PostRydiak, on 29 July 2018 - 12:13 PM, said:

The cLPL deals more pinpoint damage than the cERPPC.

it doesnt. look at the awful beam duration on the CLPL. its worse than an IS ERLL. how does that make sense?

CLPL is terrible now.

One of the main advantages of pulse lasers is supposed to be shorter beam duration. A 1.3 beam duration defeats the entire purpose of it being a pulse laser.

That beam duration needs to come WAAAAYYY down. To like 1.1 at most.

Edited by Khobai, 02 August 2018 - 12:49 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users