1 reply to this topic

#1 Stealth Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 736 posts
  • LocationOff in the Desert

Posted 29 July 2018 - 04:53 PM

Ok, look.. I get it, you want to bring Clans into line with IS. They shouldn't be though, they should be different than IS, but what ever. Making the Clan Lasers have stupidly long burn times is not going to help anything or any one. The burn time on the Pulse Lasers makes no sense and is crippling for what they are suppose to do, Clan Ballistics are still trash so players can't really switch to that. If you want to stop the high clan alpha.. or high alpha in general.. here's what you do.

Lower the max heat cap, increase cooling effectiveness. This would make doing alphas in all but the coolest levels dangerous, and would still allow for brawling and the in close fights that battletech is known for.

Alphaing is fun and all, but it should really be a 'hail mary' situtation with any heavy hitting weapons. High heat could act like how it did in MW4 where the mech moves more sluggishly once it gets hotter.. speed decrease of ..say 30 percent when you're at 80 percent heat or something.

Right now what you are doing, as has been said many times in many posts in this forums..is not making the game balanced, you're just making the game not fun. Blanket Nerfs hardly ever work, and why not some buffs instead? You're just making people not want to play the game. Hell.. Clan Ghost Bear International is talking about OTHER GAMES TO PLAY like WoW or such if you keep doing this.. You're just punishing Clan mechs.

You're not stopping high Alphas with what you're doing, you're just making it where the Clans have no weapons.. Period.. to use that can stand up to the faster, cooler, more DPS weapons the IS have. And IS mechs are STILL getting instant damage no rolling allowed high damage alphas that can two shot mechs with their ballistics, but Clans have to keep face time to get their weapons to do anything now.. That's jacked up.

If there is honestly a problem with some mechs doing high damage alphas, instead of punishing all the weapons across the board, why not adjust the heat of what the problem mechs can handle? This would of been the key clear back when the Stalker was PPCing/LLing things to death.. the Stalker is known to be a hot mech that can't handle its heat, So .. you should of just made the Stalker hotter to run instead of nerfing weapons across the board.

I have money to give you now, I have extra cash to burn, ..I'm not giving it to you any more unless I know that I'm not gonna be screwed for it later. I'll spend it on Games that won't change up every month with some dumb nerf that won't balance crap.

This game is no longer in Beta.. why is it still being adjusted?

#2 Christophe Ivanov

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 385 posts
  • LocationSeattle area

Posted 29 July 2018 - 05:20 PM

View PostStealth Fox, on 29 July 2018 - 04:53 PM, said:

Ok, look.. I get it, you want to bring Clans into line with IS. They shouldn't be though, they should be different than IS, but what ever. Making the Clan Lasers have stupidly long burn times is not going to help anything or any one. The burn time on the Pulse Lasers makes no sense and is crippling for what they are suppose to do, Clan Ballistics are still trash so players can't really switch to that. If you want to stop the high clan alpha.. or high alpha in general.. here's what you do.

Lower the max heat cap, increase cooling effectiveness. This would make doing alphas in all but the coolest levels dangerous, and would still allow for brawling and the in close fights that battletech is known for.

Alphaing is fun and all, but it should really be a 'hail mary' situtation with any heavy hitting weapons. High heat could act like how it did in MW4 where the mech moves more sluggishly once it gets hotter.. speed decrease of ..say 30 percent when you're at 80 percent heat or something.

Right now what you are doing, as has been said many times in many posts in this forums..is not making the game balanced, you're just making the game not fun. Blanket Nerfs hardly ever work, and why not some buffs instead? You're just making people not want to play the game. Hell.. Clan Ghost Bear International is talking about OTHER GAMES TO PLAY like WoW or such if you keep doing this.. You're just punishing Clan mechs.

You're not stopping high Alphas with what you're doing, you're just making it where the Clans have no weapons.. Period.. to use that can stand up to the faster, cooler, more DPS weapons the IS have. And IS mechs are STILL getting instant damage no rolling allowed high damage alphas that can two shot mechs with their ballistics, but Clans have to keep face time to get their weapons to do anything now.. That's jacked up.

If there is honestly a problem with some mechs doing high damage alphas, instead of punishing all the weapons across the board, why not adjust the heat of what the problem mechs can handle? This would of been the key clear back when the Stalker was PPCing/LLing things to death.. the Stalker is known to be a hot mech that can't handle its heat, So .. you should of just made the Stalker hotter to run instead of nerfing weapons across the board.

I have money to give you now, I have extra cash to burn, ..I'm not giving it to you any more unless I know that I'm not gonna be screwed for it later. I'll spend it on Games that won't change up every month with some dumb nerf that won't balance crap.

This game is no longer in Beta.. why is it still being adjusted?

Cant say it any better. Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users