Grus's Feedback 1.1

14 replies to this topic

#1 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 07:12 AM

So because i was in the first round i have a good idea on how the lasers are working and they didnt do diddly squat of an improvement. So i decided to run one of the nerfed IS mechs for 10 drops in a row.

Long story shot, the dual Hgauss Sliphner was and is still a powerhouse. Lots of damage, lots of kills, much salt mined. Seems like the durability nerf to it didnt effect it in the lest.

Edited by Grus, 30 July 2018 - 07:13 AM.

#2 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 30 July 2018 - 07:47 AM

View PostGrus, on 30 July 2018 - 07:12 AM, said:

So because i was in the first round i have a good idea on how the lasers are working and they didnt do diddly squat of an improvement. So i decided to run one of the nerfed IS mechs for 10 drops in a row.

Long story shot, the dual Hgauss Sliphner was and is still a powerhouse. Lots of damage, lots of kills, much salt mined. Seems like the durability nerf to it didnt effect it in the lest.

Meh, the Sliphner (lol) has never relied on it's durability, it only had structure anyway which isn't really that useful, what with how common piranhas and lbx10's are. The HGR one especially, it's extremely rare to lose a side torso before the gauss is critted out anyway. This is more of a nerf to the UAC build on it, which is funny, because while good I didn't think that one really deserved a nerf anyway.

#3 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 06:22 AM

View PostEisenhorne, on 30 July 2018 - 07:47 AM, said:

Meh, the Sliphner (lol) has never relied on it's durability, it only had structure anyway which isn't really that useful, what with how common piranhas and lbx10's are. The HGR one especially, it's extremely rare to lose a side torso before the gauss is critted out anyway. This is more of a nerf to the UAC build on it, which is funny, because while good I didn't think that one really deserved a nerf anyway.

Thats all fine and dandy, but going from last pts to this one nothing has changed for they playstyile i have for the hgauss build. 3 shots. I still have the knolage that i can end a clan assault in 3 shots with out takeing signiffagent damage to take out a 2nd or completely mess him up to the point of mtly teammates have to sneez on it to remove it from battle. The only clan mech i can say the same for is my DW with 109 alpha ( live server).

#4 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 31 July 2018 - 06:42 AM

View PostGrus, on 31 July 2018 - 06:22 AM, said:

Thats all fine and dandy, but going from last pts to this one nothing has changed for they playstyile i have for the hgauss build. 3 shots. I still have the knolage that i can end a clan assault in 3 shots with out takeing signiffagent damage to take out a 2nd or completely mess him up to the point of mtly teammates have to sneez on it to remove it from battle. The only clan mech i can say the same for is my DW with 109 alpha ( live server).

Meh, Deathstrike can do a bigger alpha from further away. Sure it runs a bit hotter having 6 ERML instead of only 3 MPL, but the extra 200 meter range, speed, and jump capabilities are more than a fair trade off for it.

#5 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 08:25 AM

View PostEisenhorne, on 31 July 2018 - 06:42 AM, said:

Meh, Deathstrike can do a bigger alpha from further away. Sure it runs a bit hotter having 6 ERML instead of only 3 MPL, but the extra 200 meter range, speed, and jump capabilities are more than a fair trade off for it.
ive been testing the INFAMAS 2hll 4erm 2gauss build on the DS and oh boy is it hot!. If it gets pushed its dead. So the time it takes to cool down after a salvo ( minus cs) i have time to close the range gap and poke at my lesure. Its nasty.

#6 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 31 July 2018 - 08:31 AM

View PostGrus, on 31 July 2018 - 08:25 AM, said:

ive been testing the INFAMAS 2hll 4erm 2gauss build on the DS and oh boy is it hot!. If it gets pushed its dead. So the time it takes to cool down after a salvo ( minus cs) i have time to close the range gap and poke at my lesure. Its nasty.

I've had a LOT more success in quick play running 2 gauss / 6 ERML on my Deathstrike. Heat's quite managable, and you have a 72 pt alpha strike you can fire off like 3 times in a row before overheating with, 4 if you pop a coolshot.

#7 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 31 July 2018 - 10:01 AM

View PostEisenhorne, on 31 July 2018 - 08:31 AM, said:

I've had a LOT more success in quick play running 2 gauss / 6 ERML on my Deathstrike. Heat's quite managable, and you have a 72 pt alpha strike you can fire off like 3 times in a row before overheating with, 4 if you pop a coolshot.

That’s fine and well. If DS is good then Sleip is friggin easy mode. To act otherwise is to have your head in the sand.
Didn’t see ya on the pts Eisenhorne.

#8 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 31 July 2018 - 12:14 PM

View PostJackal Noble, on 31 July 2018 - 10:01 AM, said:

That’s fine and well. If DS is good then Sleip is friggin easy mode. To act otherwise is to have your head in the sand.
Didn’t see ya on the pts Eisenhorne.

How is Sleip easymode compared to the DS? DS has a bigger alpha at longer range. Even after the nerf's they're talking about for clan ER Mediums. And no, I didn't play the PTS. Balancing around quick play is stupid anyway, 4v4 quick play even moreso. PGI's already made up their mind about what they're doing, why bother testing it?

#9 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 12:41 PM

Another case of nerfing around the problem. Which is how we got here. They never should have released the Clans with the damage values they had. But in the case of the nerfed IS mechs. It is ONLY the dual H-Gauss build that is the problem. Nerf the H-Gauss more or cap it at charging one at a time. The latter is preferable for those of us that like the Cata with a single H-Gauss and pulse lasers.

Please lets just use some subtle iteration to address the actual problem. Instead of nerfing around the problem ten ways to Sunday. Precise direct nerfs like a scalpel. Not all over the place like a shotgun.

#10 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 31 July 2018 - 08:18 PM

View PostEisenhorne, on 31 July 2018 - 12:14 PM, said:

How is Sleip easymode compared to the DS? DS has a bigger alpha at longer range. Even after the nerf's they're talking about for clan ER Mediums. And no, I didn't play the PTS. Balancing around quick play is stupid anyway, 4v4 quick play even moreso. PGI's already made up their mind about what they're doing, why bother testing it?

So not only are you blatantly biased you didn’t even do the testing but feel obligated to comment. Cool. At least your honest, that’s better than some.

View PostMechaBattler, on 31 July 2018 - 12:41 PM, said:

Another case of nerfing around the problem. Which is how we got here. They never should have released the Clans with the damage values they had. But in the case of the nerfed IS mechs. It is ONLY the dual H-Gauss build that is the problem. Nerf the H-Gauss more or cap it at charging one at a time. The latter is preferable for those of us that like the Cata with a single H-Gauss and pulse lasers.

Please lets just use some subtle iteration to address the actual problem. Instead of nerfing around the problem ten ways to Sunday. Precise direct nerfs like a scalpel. Not all over the place like a shotgun.

Yep. So much this. Would even settle to have recoil removed which would allow secondaries to fire at the cost of rapid deceleration or something.

#11 ACH75

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 251 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 01:52 AM

Max 1 Heavy Gauss at a time
Max 2 Gauss at a time
Max 4 Light Gauss at a time

This should be fine

#12 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 01 August 2018 - 05:59 AM

View PostJackal Noble, on 31 July 2018 - 08:18 PM, said:

So not only are you blatantly biased you didn’t even do the testing but feel obligated to comment. Cool. At least your honest, that’s better than some.

Yea, pretty much. I just do not like quick play, and would much rather they balanced around faction play, but apparently that ship has sailed because PGI doesn't care about that mode. I just don't understand how quick play can ever possibly be balanced anyway, since it's all random modes, random maps. It's just pure chance if your build is good for the map or not, unless you take boring middle of the road midrange trader builds that are always useful. The game mode is never going to be balanced when it's so random, so i don't even see the point in trying.

View PostACH75, on 01 August 2018 - 01:52 AM, said:

Max 1 Heavy Gauss at a time
Max 2 Gauss at a time
Max 4 Light Gauss at a time

This should be fine

If this is what it takes to get them to not nerf the IS Assault Chassis... then so be it. I like the 4 LBX10 assaults more anyway, and quad light gauss could be pretty sweet if I can fire all of them at once.

Edited by Eisenhorne, 01 August 2018 - 06:17 AM.

#13 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 07:54 AM

View PostEisenhorne, on 31 July 2018 - 12:14 PM, said:

Make sure youre taking into accout that most of the population isnt a 80%+er. I found it very easy to close the range gap taking no or minimal damage by useing turrain and positioning and the speed of it to push the DS out of its prefired zone into the brawl. (Where it dosnt want to be) after that, 3 to 4 shots and its dead. And i can alpha my 50 faster that it can alpha its 94. Plus with the lower healthpool its too easy to take off a ST and now its got worse heat manigment and half its firepower.

#14 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 08:18 AM

Its a playstyle they are trying to nerf IMO. If there was a map with ZERO cover, for example, i boubt the DS would be prefoming well or as well as it is now. There is just too much cover in these maps.

#15 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 09:08 AM

The only way we'll see proper testing in every mode. Is if they put it on live. The problem is they would rather use a sledgehammer instead of a chisel. If the C-ER Medium laser change had gone to live. I think players that normally don't bother with the forums would likely have made themselves heard.

If they took an iterative approach of small adjustments. People wouldn't outright riot. And they could draw on more data from multiple modes. Though it would help if they went back to 2 patches a month. Even if one of those patches is just balance changes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users