Suggest A Dwf Load Out Targeting Annihilators

24 replies to this topic

#21 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 11 August 2018 - 05:56 AM

I'm down about 19 matches trying to find a way to make UAC's work for me. All I get is crazy slow rate of fire and jams. I know they work...people use them to great effect on me...but I'm down 20 matches, almost in a row, trying to get them to work for me.

#22 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 28 August 2018 - 03:59 PM

Alright, so what I've found so far is:

The DWF-UV is most versatile with eight AC2's. I don't do this because you either have to choose to plenty of ammo or plenty of sinks to keep heat in control. I was doing a lot of damage, but I "suicided" too often...on more than one occasion after having stripped my opponent's weapons and armor off I blew up before actually getting the kill (this makes a person scream, if not out loud then at least inside their head). I'm running seven AC2's and an ER Large Laser. This gives me more sinks, less ammo to worry about, and the laser has made it a lot easier to aim (really a laser is something I believe all ballistics boats could benefit from).

I'm 1200 matches in and it's gotten to a point that it's less about what weapons I'm carrying, or what mech the bad guy is in, and more about who's driving the other mech. I've got a list of about half a dozen names that, after one match with them, I need to learn to just walk away stop launching...I've also got a list of a few people I'm certain are using aim-devices (I don't care how easy this forum thinks it is to hit CT on the DWF with every round from 1400m away while both mechs are moving in opposite directions, I'm not buying it...if the top 10 aren't doing it then I highly doubt #2450 with an SSR of 1400 is going to pull it off).

What I've had to do is just stop experimenting. I've gotten to where I do pretty well against the typical Div 1 build, but I spent a lot of time after a lost match thinking "what could I have done to beat this guy"...and it's usually pretty obvious...more ammo, an AC10 in the mix, better head management, streaks, etc...and then I'd try that load out. And then I'd get creamed because my change made me more effective against someone running a missile build, but the next match was against the typical AC spammer.

#23 Dionnsai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 469 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 04:36 PM

View PostMakenzie71, on 28 August 2018 - 03:59 PM, said:

Alright, so what I've found so far is:

The DWF-UV is most versatile with eight AC2's. I don't do this because you either have to choose to plenty of ammo or plenty of sinks to keep heat in control. I was doing a lot of damage, but I "suicided" too often...on more than one occasion after having stripped my opponent's weapons and armor off I blew up before actually getting the kill (this makes a person scream, if not out loud then at least inside their head). I'm running seven AC2's and an ER Large Laser. This gives me more sinks, less ammo to worry about, and the laser has made it a lot easier to aim (really a laser is something I believe all ballistics boats could benefit from).

I'm 1200 matches in and it's gotten to a point that it's less about what weapons I'm carrying, or what mech the bad guy is in, and more about who's driving the other mech. I've got a list of about half a dozen names that, after one match with them, I need to learn to just walk away stop launching...I've also got a list of a few people I'm certain are using aim-devices (I don't care how easy this forum thinks it is to hit CT on the DWF with every round from 1400m away while both mechs are moving in opposite directions, I'm not buying it...if the top 10 aren't doing it then I highly doubt #2450 with an SSR of 1400 is going to pull it off).

What I've had to do is just stop experimenting. I've gotten to where I do pretty well against the typical Div 1 build, but I spent a lot of time after a lost match thinking "what could I have done to beat this guy"...and it's usually pretty obvious...more ammo, an AC10 in the mix, better head management, streaks, etc...and then I'd try that load out. And then I'd get creamed because my change made me more effective against someone running a missile build, but the next match was against the typical AC spammer.

Try combining a mix of Ac/2 + Lb/2?

Also, when you're fighting me, you need to hold the W key, keep the pressure on as much as possible and try to hit me with full alpha rather than chain fire, try to take my legs off if possible. Watch the videos on my youtube where I lose, you'll get an idea from that.

Edited by Dionnsai, 29 August 2018 - 04:37 PM.

#24 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 06:15 PM

I've tried an LB2 mix and it helped with heat, but I was less successful. The AC2's hitting all at once in generally one spot has served me quite a bit better.

I actually know how to beat you...but with my current build I don't have the torso twist/speed to keep up with you. I have a couple of machines that would at the very least make the fight an actual fight, but it repeats that scenario I described above. I actually did it twice, today...we were the only two in queue, so I dropped in something more appropriate. Got a 6-pack ANH that I could have mopped with my DWF...and lost. It's not that I'm not pressing...it's that I'm trying to keep myself open so I can move on to something else. I'd rather just take the loss and move on.

I wish MRM and SRM and laser builds would start dominating. I know they can be successful. You do pretty well with MRM's. Painkiller does really well with SRM's. I'd honestly love to spend more time in the Marauder fighting MRM/SRM builds, but it's a guaranteed loss 95% of the time.

Edited by Makenzie71, 29 August 2018 - 06:16 PM.

#25 Dionnsai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 469 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 09:31 AM

Yeah, I'm just saying that pilots with loadouts like yours do best against me when they've got their finger on the W key constantly, never let me have space to sit still and cool down (because i'm very hot) and they're always going for a specific part of my mech.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users