Suggest A Dwf Load Out Targeting Annihilators

24 replies to this topic

#1 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 31 July 2018 - 04:45 PM

Title says it. Right now my 4x AC10’s and heavy machine guns seems pretty decent on the closed maps, but what’s better?

#2 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 01 August 2018 - 06:41 AM

From a pure theorycraft position, 6xAC5 (read: one of the meta ANH builds) is an option. with prime arms, you can fit that, ammo and an extra laser or two. 2xLB10X+4xUAC2 is perfectly doable without even reaching for hero omnipods and with the jam duration skills you should end up with 10% more DPS than 6xAC5 alone.

#3 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 01 August 2018 - 06:51 AM

I’ve tried a 6 pack of AC5’s and I’m doing more damage with the four AC10’s...seems odd that, though. If I remember correctly, the six AC5’s should be doing a touch more DPS than the four AC10’s. I’ve always assumed it was from needing more face time with the AC5’s. I might go back and play with them a bit.

I’ll also go give the LB10/UAC2 combo a ty...that sounds like it could be neat.

#4 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 01 August 2018 - 07:38 AM

Mind you, you have to stagger them 5+1 to avoid ghost heat. The DPS difference between 6 AC5 and 4 AC10 isn't radical, but once you crack the armor you get about twice the number of chances to crit with the AC5 loadout vs the AC10 one. The UAC2 + LB10 combo should deliver 20.48 DPS - or about 13% more - on average, with much more crit chances to boot.

Edited by Horseman, 01 August 2018 - 07:40 AM.

#5 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 04:08 PM

I did not have very good luck with the UAC...only tried two matches though...I think I could get better with it.

Just ran a pair of each LB2/LB5/LB10 and really like the results there. Three ANH's, three different pilots, one particular one has bested me at least a dozen times. Went straight in with each one and won...barely. I'm concerned about ammo, though.

Posted Image

#6 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 07:32 PM

I use Dual UAC10/s, triple UAC5's and triple med pulse lasers.
Its a hot build but it can 1v1 Annies

#7 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 04:45 AM

I'll try the UAC's this afternoon...I've always had pretty poor luck with them, though.

I was really like the 10/5/2 combo but lost 8 in a row this morning...5 to the same 4x LB10 Fafnir, 3 to the same 5x LB10 ANH, and one to some goober with a 4x RAC5 ANH I should have been able to deal with but I was trying an equally gooberish 4x AC5/8x small laser build I shouldn't have even contemplated...

#8 Dendrobates1

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 12:41 PM

well i have just changed my DWF to 6 AC 2 and a ppc so far i have faced off against 3 Annis and so far i am 2-1 the last one only beat me cos he had a friendly Locust nipping in behind me

#9 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 03:21 PM

8 AC2s

#10 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 03:24 PM

I had much better luck with the LB2's, but neither really worked well against the ANH...which was hugely disappointing to me as I so like the noise.

#11 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 07:42 PM

Would you guys suggest investing more heavily in weapons tweaks or survival? I seemed to be doing better with weapons maxed out than I am not with survival maxed.

#12 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 05 August 2018 - 06:02 PM

I'm clicking wrong with the UAC's I guess. I kept getting slaughtered by a DWF last night running two UAC10's and three UAC5's...facing off I'm dead in two rounds. I tried the same setup and just can't get it right....jams, crumby damage.

Still think my AC10/5/2 combo is the most tanky thing I've managed.

#13 Uakari

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 116 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 11:11 AM

and still it did not work against my anh and my mad cat :D

#14 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 11:47 AM

View PostUakari, on 06 August 2018 - 11:11 AM, said:

and still it did not work against my anh and my mad cat :D

Maybe, I recall the name but not the matches. There’s nothing special about losing to an annihilator, and unless something really unique happened in the match the mad cat is just an example of “lose some, win some”.

#15 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 07:37 PM

Tonight I've had good enough success with seven AC2's and an ER large laser that I've driven at least two players to stop playing with real mechs and go get Annihilators.

#16 UnkerZ

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 11:14 AM

Im running UAC5's X6, some heat sinks, w 8 micro ERs for close range backup.

Just enough ammo... the 6x5x2 for a 60 dmg alpha every 1.6s is effective against all targets, except the ANHs, but if I can focus one half down, its a good chance to win. the problem is I tend to spread between the mid and the half, while my DWF is a huge box for him to spam at. The jams are not significant, and if they do jam, they reduce heat output, so the fella can fire at max rate without overheating.

Ghost heat is minimal with uac5's so I can spam all 6 safely at range, then cool a little, spam again. Under brawl, 4 torso cannons + 2 arms at intervals + micro lasers can beat pretty much everything else so far except those LB10 ANHs. I can brawl through AC2 ANHS provided they fail to remove a torso on my way in.

So far this is my most reliable DWF setup, but the UAC20, 10x2, 5x2 can dish out more damage on a whim for 100 alpha, but suffers at mid range and heat problems - that fella can core out an ANH at close range real fast - provided clean hits and surviving the pressure cooker. Id rather take 60alpha (+20 at close) at 1.6s CD w. extra sinks.

#17 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 12:01 PM

^I'm trying that build...switching back and forth between UAC's and AC's. The UAC build is running super hot. How many heat sinks are you carrying?

#18 UnkerZ

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 09:05 PM

Usually between 2-4 heat sinks on top of stock set.. mix and match - im still testing out a few potato loadouts. The idea behind uac is to spam quickly and hide to cool down, something ac2 anhs cannot do. By controlling your peeks, you can force the anh to fire on your stronger side torso before hiding again, giving less exposure to the mid. Trading off 1 arm weapon for that is well worth it - cause a lot of ac2 anhs win by blowing off one of my halves very easily.

Ran into you again today - if im loaded with the big UACs, don't let me cool down - LB's will win by heat efficiency and crits. A 100 dmg alpha sends my fella to 50+% heat, a 2nd round of that and the cooker is on. If I can escape to cool off the first few alphas, you're in trouble, cause the next alpha spam will core you out regardless of my heat condition.

2nd part is to focus down the damage - a lot of time you're hitting all 3 torsos, you could have taken half out with that damage and it would be a much harder fight for me.

#19 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 09:35 PM

the two matches we had I was trying to find a way to make AC20's work for me...unsuccessfully. 60pt alpha that I can repeat in four seconds but, as you said, it went everywhere.

#20 UnkerZ

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 11:59 PM

View PostMakenzie71, on 10 August 2018 - 09:35 PM, said:

the two matches we had I was trying to find a way to make AC20's work for me...unsuccessfully. 60pt alpha that I can repeat in four seconds but, as you said, it went everywhere.

1st match you were loaded with a mixture of ac10s, 5s and 2s maybe? That round I was trying out uac20 x2 + uac10 x2 - certainly was not fun in a live match, but the damage is devastating at a potential 120 damage over 2 bursts. Just that it took way too long face time. Problem with stnadard AC's is the lack of double taps - when I see you, I can dish double output with just a bit more face time, while you don't have that adv being forced to wait for the CD. I will avoid direct face time until im sure I can core my opponent.

2nd time i swapped back to the uac20, uac10x2 and uac5x2 for 100 alpha in a single burst. You were loaded with 6 lbx - did not see the size tho - when you came out of the hill, i retreated behind the cliff to cool down so i could dish out another pair of alpha strikes. if you pushed - you could have won honestly, pretty sure lbx's have little heat on your mech even at max fire rate.

tbh uac20 is a bit hit and miss - if it jams its a nightmare cause a huge chunk of damage is missing. so its always good to have smaller calibers to provide reliability. I tried a potato uac20, uac10, lbx20 x2 before - massive alpha, but horrible sustain, esp when the uac jams... gave up after a few matches for my uac5x6 again.

Edited by KassimBaba, 11 August 2018 - 12:04 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users