Stop. With. The. F-Ing. Nerfs!

7 replies to this topic

#1 Callsigntal0n

• PipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 04:53 AM

Just as the title says, stop nerfing everything! I dont know where the 90+dmg number is coming from but even my dare i say "meta" build doesnt hit 90. (Ebon jag 2 HLL and 5 med pulse) on nearly all my mechs clan and IS if i can get a 40 dmg alpha im happy. So either im building mech uber wrong or PGI is pulling a massive scary number to justify nerfing an already nerfed into oblivion faction. I mainly play clans because i love the design of clan mechs my favorite being my direwhale. But even in the blood asp or hell even a IIC assault i still try to disengage from a 1v1 with innersphere heavies and even a couple mediums (bushy) why? Because clan mechs have been neutered to the point where if i dont get a perfect volley off or if i dont have spammable ACs or the smaller srms i will be torn apart. I tried playing my jenner 2c last time i was on and even full survival and mobility trees it still gets shredded like wet paper from 450m away by any other IS mech. My arctic cheetah, once my favorite light, worthless unless the pilots im facing are pure potato. My timberwolf, arguably my favorite mech in the game with my favorite non meta build. I only take it out when im prepared to lose. Its time to stop nerfung everything.

Here are my three suggestions.

Option 1. You guys seem to hate clans with a burning passion for some reason. So Remove them from the game and refund people their money and accept that you made an entire faction nearly unplayable in solo QP

Option 2. Restore some previous stats to clan weapons (looking at you clan small pulse laser) and BUFF IS counterparts we are in the fedcom civil war era. Wheres the mixed tech? Wheres the IS omnis? You want parity between factions? Allow mixed tech for a few weapons I.E IS gets access to clan weapons and vice versa or at least start BUFFING a weapon that ISNT LRMS! You want a new meta besides laser vom? Buff clan SRMs

Option 3. Just admit you ****** up (half of your top streamers have left the game and its a shame as i enjoyed watching bear claw and the b33f among others.) And use the Community Balance Pass. Just for once listen to your community (no we dont want another goddamn mechpack) Im serious (dont know about others) take the community balance sheet put those numbers in a PTS (we all know its possible) and see what happens. You wont even have to bribe people with 2mill cbills i guarentee you people will flock in droves to play the new changes hell for those 3 days pts might be more popular than live servers.

But thats just my 2 cents. Until PGI cleans their mess up im done with mwo which is a shame as i have put over $500 usd in my guilty pleasure of a game. But as of now (or at least until the owens is announced) my wallet and my game time. Are going elsewhere.

o7 to those that actually took the time to read this. Heres a cookie. ^.^

#2 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 08:02 AM

Still waiting on my cookie...

#3 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 02 August 2018 - 11:35 AM

View PostCallsigntal0n, on 01 August 2018 - 04:53 AM, said:

Just as the title says, stop nerfing everything! I dont know where the 90+dmg number is coming from but even my dare i say "meta" build doesnt hit 90. (Ebon jag 2 HLL and 5 med pulse) on nearly all my mechs clan and IS if i can get a 40 dmg alpha im happy. So either im building mech uber wrong or PGI is pulling a massive scary number to justify nerfing an already nerfed into oblivion faction. I mainly play clans because i love the design of clan mechs my favorite being my direwhale. But even in the blood asp or hell even a IIC assault i still try to disengage from a 1v1 with innersphere heavies and even a couple mediums (bushy) why? Because clan mechs have been neutered to the point where if i dont get a perfect volley off or if i dont have spammable ACs or the smaller srms i will be torn apart. I tried playing my jenner 2c last time i was on and even full survival and mobility trees it still gets shredded like wet paper from 450m away by any other IS mech. My arctic cheetah, once my favorite light, worthless unless the pilots im facing are pure potato. My timberwolf, arguably my favorite mech in the game with my favorite non meta build. I only take it out when im prepared to lose. Its time to stop nerfung everything.

Here are my three suggestions.

Option 1. You guys seem to hate clans with a burning passion for some reason. So Remove them from the game and refund people their money and accept that you made an entire faction nearly unplayable in solo QP

Option 2. Restore some previous stats to clan weapons (looking at you clan small pulse laser) and BUFF IS counterparts we are in the fedcom civil war era. Wheres the mixed tech? Wheres the IS omnis? You want parity between factions? Allow mixed tech for a few weapons I.E IS gets access to clan weapons and vice versa or at least start BUFFING a weapon that ISNT LRMS! You want a new meta besides laser vom? Buff clan SRMs

Option 3. Just admit you ****** up (half of your top streamers have left the game and its a shame as i enjoyed watching bear claw and the b33f among others.) And use the Community Balance Pass. Just for once listen to your community (no we dont want another goddamn mechpack) Im serious (dont know about others) take the community balance sheet put those numbers in a PTS (we all know its possible) and see what happens. You wont even have to bribe people with 2mill cbills i guarentee you people will flock in droves to play the new changes hell for those 3 days pts might be more popular than live servers.

But thats just my 2 cents. Until PGI cleans their mess up im done with mwo which is a shame as i have put over $500 usd in my guilty pleasure of a game. But as of now (or at least until the owens is announced) my wallet and my game time. Are going elsewhere.

o7 to those that actually took the time to read this. Heres a cookie. ^.^

Heck, Callsigntal0n, I'll even give an Option #4... B)

Don't mess with Weapon Balance at all, to start with... Instead, increase Armor/Structure from 2x TableTop Values to 3x (or 4x) TableTop Values. If PGI wants to increase how long it takes to kill somebody, the first thing to do is always to provide a bigger health meter. Same Tonnage in total for the increased Armor Points, but an increased number of Armor Points to have to cut through to take somebody down, simply put. I really think this is rather easy to do. ^_^

After that, then Buff weaker things... If this point has been reached after that change, the first thing to do is narrow the spreads on Weapons. LRMs, SRMs (and Streaks!), MRMs, ATMs, and even LB-X ACs would be the first things to need changes at this point, along with needing to extend Missile Ranges by about 5% on many of them. Even the Clan LB-X ACs could have their 3x Range brackets once again, after all this time. :)

Hell, they could go so far as to also slightly bump up the Inner Sphere's Ghost Heat Limits on several Weapon Systems, which would allow lowering the Initial Heat Generation Values on some near-matching Clan Weapons. :D

And then, finally, PGI could even go so far as to increase Mobility in terms of Torso Pitch, Torso Yaw, and Torso Speed... Possibly even Foot Turn Rate. Quirks in many areas could be bumped up, and Legs could once again have their personalities, just to name a few more things. ;)

Like you said however, THIS ENDLESS NERFING HAS GOT TO STOP. Their mythical number is only coming from a near-unsustainable DWF config, and it should NEVER have become the benchmark. PGI has been going too far with the Nerfs, and it's now beyond time to swing the dials back in the other direction. Between them and the toxic parts of the MWO Community, I've been feeling sick whenever I try to touch MWO for some time now. <_<

~Mr. D. V. "Also wanting an end to this meltdown on everything..." Devnull

#4 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 12:47 PM

I think they should keep nerfing it. When the clans released. It was pretty much pay to win. How they thought those damage values would be overcome. Is beyond me. Things have gotten closer thanks to armor and structure quirks. And other round about ways of balance. But they should have addressed the real issue directly from the beginning. Nerfing around the problem always leads to all kinds of unpleasant methods being used to improve balance. We could have avoided lower agility if they had just gone after damage values from the onset. Not to mention the time spent with super weapon quirks. Which most people considered was pretty good parity. But resulted in a much lower TTK. Which is why they reduced them and instead added structure and armor. But that is still a round about way of doing things.

#5 ADI84000

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 11:57 PM

when i play in is mechs i feel mega op..... black knight 60 laser vomit alpha 3 LPL 6 er meds.... it has the damage of the hellbringer with the heavy large and med lasers ... but much lower duration its actualy better and has quirks....

#6 Jussup Von Zeidel

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 01:35 AM

I was wondering why Clan mechs, are dropped in Lances (4) not Stars (5) like in Battle tech?

Point - 1 'Mech, 2 tanks or Aerospace fighters, 5 Protomechs
or Elementals, or 25 standard infantry http&#58;//cfw.sarna.net/wiki/images/d/d2/ClanPoint.jpg?timestamp=20090429231609 A Point is the smallest unit in Clan organization. A point consists of one BattleMech, two aerospace fighters or combat vehicles, five battle armored troopers, or a 25-man platoon of conventional infantry. For all except Battlemech points (where there is only one warrior), points are led by a Point Commander.

Star = Reinforced Lance 5 Points http&#58;//cfw.sarna.net/wiki/images/7/76/ClanStar.jpg?timestamp=20090429232636
Stars generally consist of all the same unit type, as mixed Stars were found to suffer poor performance. The only exception to this is Clan Wolf's strategic command Star, composed of four Battlemech or Elemental Points and an Aerospace Point, which has seen limited use in other Clans.

Nova - 1 'Mech Star and 1 Elemental Star http&#58;//cfw.sarna.net/wiki/images/c/cf/ClanNova.jpg?timestamp=20090505051231
Essentially a Binary, Novas places much more emphasis on combined arms training that allows them to outperform their standard counterpart. The trade-off comes at less efficiency when its component Stars are forced to act individually.

Binary = Light Company 2 Stars or Novas http&#58;//cfw.sarna.net/wiki/images/c/ce/ClanBinary.jpg?timestamp=20090505051409

May be classified as either "pure" (containing all the same types of units) or "mixed" (contain different types of units). Both are common throughout the Clans.

Supernova 2 Novas http&#58;//cfw.sarna.net/wiki/images/1/12/ClanSupernova.jpg?timestamp=20090505051949

Trinary = Reinforced Company 3 Stars or Novas http&#58;//cfw.sarna.net/wiki/images/b/b3/ClanTrinary.jpg?timestamp=20090505051633
May be classified as either "pure" (containing all the same types of units) or "mixed" (containing different types of units). Both are common throughout the Clans.

Supernova Trinary - 3 Novas http&#58;//cfw.sarna.net/wiki/images/a/a3/ClanSupernovaTrinary.jpg?timestamp=20090505053248

I know in MWO have no Elemental support.

However, maybe instead of nerfing the clan mechs. Maybe reduce the numbers available on the battle field.

Its how the Clan battlemech warrior would do it..

Edited by Horst Draper, 03 August 2018 - 04:16 AM.

#7 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 05:44 AM

The only way that reduced clan #s on the battlefield would work would be within a distinct mode seperate from the regular quick play queue, where the its JUST clan vs IS, similar to how FW works... but you'd have to then have clan tech also be vastly superior to where it is now. Essentially you'd need to run it with the values of the tabletop game origins... so for example... medium er lasers... 5 heat for 7 damage. Double heat sinks which are actually really double heat sinks... not the 1.5 crap we got now. And the weapons would have to have the same cooldown/duration/cycling as the IS equivalents... so no more 6 second Streak 6s for example. Also 15 heat for 15 pinpoint ER PPCs (no 10+splash crap). They CAN of course definitely run different tech values for different modes. The world championship queue in previous years had the quirks/weapon values frozen at a certain stage of the year, with different #s than the regular server players were experiencing (the first year the freeze happened before they discovered and corrected the quad UAC/10 heat scale bug on the kodiak 3s).

#8 xe N on

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 August 2018 - 12:50 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 03 August 2018 - 05:44 AM, said:

The only way that reduced clan #s on the battlefield would work would be within a distinct mode seperate from the regular quick play queue, where the its JUST clan vs IS, similar to how FW works... but you'd have to then have clan tech also be vastly superior to where it is now.

That would be one solution. Another would be to give IS pilots special abilities that represents the lore-based advantage in logistics and numbers. Clan mechs than would be "pure" and simple to pilot, while IS would have some dirty tricks on board. Would also give a more distinctive gameplay between the both factions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users