Gameplay Upgrades Mode

8 replies to this topic

#1 zudukai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 02:29 AM

so i've kind of pitched this idea before and i think it's about time to attempt it again while better explaining the intended goal;

"objective based map expansion" or as the example i'll be using today; "Battlefield's Rush" gamemode

The Rush mode has attackers trying to arm explosives on mobile-command (M-COM) stations of the defenders to move forward in the map.

Rush is played out in a varying number of "zones," which split the map up into segments where most of the fighting will take place. At the start of the match, two (M-COM) stations are set on the map for one team to destroy and one team to defend.

If both (M-COM) stations are destroyed, the attacking team's tickets will be replenished, and two more (M-COM) stations will appear further ahead in the linear map. The attacking team's base will also move up and the teams must try again to attack or defend. New vehicles and environments are usually around each set of (M-COM) stations.

Focus: Objective Based All-out Warfare
Goal: Linear map segments / dynamic spawns / reduced spawn camping
Winning the game: Destroy all objective stations/Deplete the attacker’s reserves (Attackers/Defenders)

Posted Image

Edited by zudukai, 02 August 2018 - 02:34 AM.

#2 UnKnownPlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 266 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 04:13 AM

It would make for a mix up on the game front, I like the idea of not just pushing the same point all the time.
You could maybe have a larger map with a potential 8-12 different zones and a random one could be opened up for the next zone to attack, defeat 3 or 4 zones and win.

Re-spawns might need to be handled differently in case a defender re-spawns just before the M-COM stations are blown and ends up isolated from their team. I wouldn't want the defenders to be able to only spawn at the next zone either as you might end up with players waiting a long time for the M-COMs to get blown if they died early.

#3 zudukai

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 12:51 PM

bump

#4 B0oN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 01:34 PM

ERPPC-bump .

#5 50 50

• 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 23 June 2019 - 05:38 PM

+1

Paul expressed interest in a 'Rush' game mode a while back but we have to expect that any new development like this would be so far off the back burner it's still at the shops.

Essentially it's tying the out of bounds zones to capture points so they are dynamic and adjusting drop zones accordingly or allowing for spawn point selection.
I can see a few benefits for the game to getting this sort of functionality added.

#6 Hanky Spam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 202 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 01:24 AM

I think the current maps are not huge enough to support a rush game mode and we all know how unlikely it is that we will get new maps.

Maybe rush mode might be an option if MWO gets ported to MW5 - if ever...

#7 50 50

• 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 24 June 2019 - 07:04 PM

Wouldn't suit all maps, but surely (new) Forest Colony, Polar Highlands, Tourmaline Desert, Grim Plexis, Alpine Peaks, (new) Terra Therma, Rubelite Oasis and even the Siege maps would be big enough.

#8 zudukai

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 24 October 2020 - 08:58 PM

bump

#9 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 25 October 2020 - 03:04 AM

Not working in mwo. Time to kill is to long for this. Attackers will just spam srm assasins etc. ignoring defenders like in incursion. Ticket system works fine in a short time to kill environments where u can't just ignore defenders. So big soooooo for mwo

Edited by Ignatius Audene, 25 October 2020 - 03:04 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users