Pgi Intro Video Through Login Playing Too Loud!

Long-Standing Bug Audio Problem During Startup Disruptive Issue

2 replies to this topic

#1 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 02 August 2018 - 02:51 PM

Description: When starting up the MWO Client, the Video from the point of the "Piranha Games Inc. Logo" until the point of the 'Login Screen' gets way too loud. With the system's Audio Volume Levels turned down to Less Than 40%, muting of Computer's Speakers is still necessary to avoid pain to ears.

Location: During MWO Client Startup, even with Audio Volume Levels turned down.

Reproduction Rate: 100% -- This is ALWAYS REPRODUCIBLE!!!

Steps to Reproduce:
  • Start from the Computer's Desktop
  • Launch the MWO Client either Normally or via Direct Shortcut, WITHOUT Command-Line Parameters
  • Sit there through the Intro Sequence in order to hear MWO's Startup
  • Audio playing from the Intro Credits at the point of the PGI Logo and further gets too loud
  • (Optional, but you might have to) Mute the Computer Speakers temporarily to avoid ears being hurt, even if your system and program volumes are all turned down
  • (Only needed if you have to do #5) Unmute the Computer in order to continue using MWO normally
Requested Fix: Audio Leveling and Volume Lowering of the loudest spots in the Intro Sequence, from PGI Logo up to Login, such as to avoid hurt to people's ears.

Comments: I've already checked my Game Files with the Repair Tool, and there is nothing indicated as being wrong. Further, the Computer's Speakers are never turned up high, the System and Program Volumes are always kept down, and my Headphones have no In-Line Volume Control. Having to mute during the Startup every time royally detracts from the User U.I. Experience. If this can not be fixed, please provide the reason why, and a workaround to deal with it that can be left in-place without detracting from the Post-Login Experience?

~Mr. D. V. "extremely sick of having my ears hurt, headphones or not" Devnull

#2 suffocater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 570 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 03:14 PM

Or make quick clicks, nobody has time for intro videos.

#3 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 02 August 2018 - 04:33 PM

View Postsuffocater, on 02 August 2018 - 03:14 PM, said:

Or make quick clicks, nobody has time for intro videos.

I try to wait for Windows 7's "Aero Glass Performance Warning" before I go to login the first time during a Windows Session. Having my controls stolen during the course of gameplay has resulted in more deaths than I want to think about. And yes, I play in True Full Screen, as I need as much Framerate as possible due to some toxic people making it impossible for me to help them with things like over-nerfed LRMs. :(

All those Missile-type Support Weapons that SHOULD be able to help one's teammates and kill, all in need of being Buffed up a bit... *sigh* -_-

~D. V. "can't afford the latest-and-greatest stuff" Devnull

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users