#1 Larsh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Lanner
  • The Lanner
  • 272 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYinz all going to EnP at PGH n'at?

Posted 04 August 2018 - 08:52 AM

So with the recent updates, we've seen LRM on everything. But, please LRM responsibly. What do you use if you slap LRM on your Assaults?

I've placed 4 LB2s, and 4 LRM 10s on mine. Makes for a great mid, and close range harasser.

#2 Phoenix 72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 05 August 2018 - 12:29 AM

Entertaining video. :)

#3 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,269 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 05 August 2018 - 02:15 AM

Quite funny....still hate you for desecrating the Fafnir with LURMS you heretic Posted Image

#4 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,589 posts
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 05 August 2018 - 03:34 AM

View PostThe Basilisk, on 05 August 2018 - 02:15 AM, said:

..still hate you for desecrating the Fafnir with LURMS you heretic Posted Image

Posted Image yea, but he has even some aC´s on board, saw a fafnir with only lurms , nothing else.. and then i just thinkPosted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Mighty Spike, 05 August 2018 - 05:00 AM.

#5 Eisenhorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 07 August 2018 - 11:48 PM

Lol when that fafnir is out for cbills, if lrms still aren't nerfed I'm making a 4 lrm15 boat with 7k rounds of ammo. It will be a nightmare in faction play. Muwahahahaha......

#6 Mighty Spike

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,589 posts
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 30 November 2018 - 11:53 AM

View PostEisenhorne, on 07 August 2018 - 11:48 PM, said:

Lol when that fafnir is out for cbills, if lrms still aren't nerfed I'm making a 4 lrm15 boat with 7k rounds of ammo. It will be a nightmare in faction play. Muwahahahaha......

saw some days ago a Daishi with 1 ! tag + ! ! LRM5

someone recreated that "build" on smurfys https://mwo.smurfy-n...93a9548cd058027

voila, you have a walking Long Tom shell impact. I believe when aomeone crit that ammo out the case doesnt helps to much^^. Want to kill the whole enemy team?. Place that thing in the middle of 12mechs and watch how deep the crater from smmo explosion will be^^....Saw really a lot of §$%& with $%&# builds here.But everytime you think"now i have seen it all" comes someone around the corner with one of these builds and the bad thing is: i still cantpunch em iin the face over TCP / IP.
would pay a lot of money for the ability toPosted Image

Edited by Mighty Spike, 30 November 2018 - 11:54 AM.

#7 panzer1b

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 09:52 AM

honestly, lrm assaults are trash, when i can run a comfortable clam LRM-80 on the free hero sunspider with ECM, enough ammo to last any QP game provided i dont shoot things that i know will get to cover quickly, 81kph, and workable heat management (can alfa strike twice before cooking, 2+2 spread all day). If you want missiles on a assault you are going to run ATMs or MRMs in large numbers, anything else is just a waste of the tonnage (heavys cant really run ATM-48 right now, scorch is prolly only one id do it on cause its fast and fairly agile which you need in a ATM boat).

#8 Doktorbike

• PipPipPip
  • The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 81 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 14 April 2019 - 10:28 AM

I have a Dire Wolf with LRM50, 2 Gauss Rifles & 2 ER Small Lasers. It's called the Derp Wolf as it's supposed to be a silly derpy build, funny thing is that it works really well. The LRM's are good for that long, slow waddle to the fight & then the Gauss does it's work when(& if, lol) it gets there.

#9 Poggle

• PipPip
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 41 posts

Posted 02 October 2021 - 02:54 AM

I want to try a 5e lrm build. Please forgive me. I promise to get in the mix and share my armour!

#10 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,580 posts

Posted 02 October 2021 - 08:54 AM

View PostPoggle, on 02 October 2021 - 02:54 AM, said:

I want to try a 5e lrm build. Please forgive me. I promise to get in the mix and share my armour!

Try them, son. Posted Image

But I think that when you move to higher Tiers, you will have to re-arm your Fafnir with ballistic weapons.

#11 Poggle

• PipPip
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 41 posts

Posted 02 October 2021 - 12:38 PM

View Postmartian, on 02 October 2021 - 08:54 AM, said:

Try them, son. Posted Image

Trying to play it more like an SPG, you know, SU-100 or Wespe type thing. Close in fire support.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users