Posted 07 August 2018 - 04:36 PM

Just can't find a drop.

#2 Marius Evander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 03:45 AM

Solaris season 2 began 3? ish weeks ago, we had a solaris event which had a fair number of people playing the game mode, season 2 is far less populated than season 1 because the players that invested heavily in playing the mode were screwed with by PGI twice, 1st with a change in mech divisions a few weeks into the season after most of us had bought and skilled up mechs specifically for divisions, then 2 weeks before the end of the season they changed the rewards format from top 5 of each division and top 10 overall to seperate prizes for 1'st 2'nd 3'rd then 4th-10th 11th-100th and 101-500th, and for many of us in the Top 100 unless you could get 1st the best prize was the 101st-500th bracket.

So we have no reason to trust PGI not to mess with us again so the people who played the mode a lot have only really bothered playing 25 games in each division to qualify for whatever changes pgi makes to rewards this season.

We just had a F.P. event which also drags people out of other game modes.

The best thing to do is actually queue in div 1 2 or 3 they seem to be the most popular, too many people just look for others already queueing, if you queue an opponent will usually rock up, but the matches wont be very close, N.A. streamers nuttyrat and rjbass and majestic sometimes stream solaris, that is the best time to play the mode, when they are playing it on twitch. I dont know about E.U., they mainly play when I am sleeping.

2v2 is dead, 1v1 was a comatose patient season 1 and a thinking of pulling the plug patient now. in my humble opinion, unless P.G.I. can address and fix the trust issue, even then it will probably now need events to get people playing.

#3 Eisenhorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 08 August 2018 - 06:48 AM

Solaris doesn't really have a prime time, it's always pretty dead.

I've played a few hundred games, and the problem with it is that it's repetitive, unbalanced, and predictable. I can tell 99% of the time if I'm going to win or lose based on the record of my opponent and the mech he's bringing. There's no real fun in that. Maybe 10% of my matches (or less) are actually close. Most are stomps, usually in my favor since I bring meta builds, sometimes against because the opponent has the build that counters mine. It's not really fun.

I had hoped Solaris would be a FFA type thing with 12 players, like in MW4. Taking an Annihilator there would just ensure you're a priority target for everyone else to take out first. Smaller, less obvious target mechs would be a lot more viable, since they wouldn't get focused down. Hell, I've done a few FFA matches in lobbies, and using a Grinner has gotten me pretty far since it's small, tanky, and not an obvious threat.

I get that there are engine limitations that prevented this or something, but it led to a mode that nobody really wanted, with predictable results.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users