Clan Drop Deck For Is Player

11 replies to this topic

#1 tutzdes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 445 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 08:55 AM

I mostly play quick play and still have a couple of proper IS invasion drop decks which work fine, I guess.

With the incoming clan-side mini-campaign event I may need a proper clan drop deck to be useful on the battlefield.

My current clan mechs are:
*sorted by tonnage*

Summoner
Sun Spider (Vanguard)
Mad Dog (Revenant)
Huntsman
Nova
Shadow Cat
Jenner IIC (JR7-IIC-A)
Arctic Cheetah

I prefer fast and mobile mechs, so my Clan roster is a bit on a lighter side (+rewards and free mechs).

What can I do with these mechs build-wise to optimize those for FP? What like my deck composition may look like? Which mechs should I buy, if those listed are not enough to do well?

I would much prefer not to clutter my hangar with mechs I won't use anywhere outside of FP. So if possible I would prefer to use those listed and if needed to only buy mechs that are relatively fast and agile.

Any help is appreciated :}

#2 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 08 August 2018 - 09:30 AM

I guess if you don't want to spend a lot of money I would setup for a lurm skirmish deck and a splat deck for siege.

With so many casuals flooding FP(for the event) I don't think it matters what you do.

Edited by Spheroid, 08 August 2018 - 09:30 AM.

#3 Lotspeech

• PipPipPip
  • The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 76 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 10:15 AM

Your going to want a Mad Cat MK 2 B in Pretty must every deck you run along with a Hellbringer or 2, These mechs are very good in QP as well so there would be very good investments

#4 Iron Buccaneer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 290 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 08 August 2018 - 03:51 PM

There are a few cheap Marauder IIC chassis(3 I think). Orion IICs also have a couple of crazy cheap chassis. IICA is under 7 mil and it is the chassis the champion mech is based off of. Hunchback IICs are cheap but you need to adjust them for more armor. If you got the new Nova it's solid especially on open maps with lrms. Piranhas are cheap and good. The sun spider Vanguard isn't too bad if you have that.

#5 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 08 August 2018 - 03:56 PM

add, linebacker and Hellbringer,

#6 Lyons De Flamand

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 146 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 02:09 AM

1) Someone link Denair's spreadsheet.
2) 3 Hellbringers and a clan light medium gets you through 90 % of your matches

#7 Abaddun

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 248 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 03:07 AM

It's going to be an absolute laser rave between clanners, but I expect a lot of casuals to be bringing shed tons of LRMs. We saw it in the IS event, and Clan mechs, for the most part, lack AMS slots aside from a few which boat them. I would suggest at least 1 mech in your hanger should be an AMS caddy in case you are faced up against an LRM heavy team.

In addition, we will have the benefit of know what maps were going to be dropping into. It might be worthwhile having a hot hanger and a cold hanger. Unless your happy burning 8 coolshots per game, I would suggest running a few cold ballistic boats in your hot hanger or mechs with a blend of gauss and ERPPCs to deal with the large amounts of ERLLs we expect to face.

#8 Serial Number

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 206 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 10:12 AM

Mad cat-b or mad cat-1 ( might be deathstrike aswell if u like it), 2x ebj/hbr, piranha.
3xebj/mad dog
or just 3x linebacker if u can't do anything but gen rush

#9 tutzdes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 445 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 01:09 PM

Thanks a lot for all the replies.

My current drop deck is Summoner+Sun Spider+Mad Dog+Huntsman.

I mostly play light mechs, and the last thing I need is buying a bunch of unskilled Hellbringers to never touch those again :} Linebacker... it looks ok, a bit underarmed for a tonnage, but fast and agile (for me even 50t Crab is a bit too slow and sluggish to turn).

Is there a possibility to make something viable of my deck, without changing too much (I can change Huntsman to 3xAMS NVA-S for lurm maps). Maybe some build suggestions?

Edited by tutzdes, 09 August 2018 - 02:55 PM.

#10 Eisenhorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 09 August 2018 - 01:40 PM

View Posttutzdes, on 09 August 2018 - 01:09 PM, said:

Thanks a lot for all the replies.

My current drop deck is Summoner+Sun Spider+Mad Dog+Huntsman.

I mostly play light mech, and the last thing I need is buying a bunch of unskilled Hellbringers to never touch those again :} Linebacker... it looks ok, a bit underarmed for a tonnage, but fast and agile (for me even 50t Crab is too slow and sluggish to turn).

Is there a possibility to amke something viable of my deck, without changing too much (I can change Huntsman to 3xAMS NVA-S for lurm maps). Maybe some build suggestions?

The classic 2 ERPPC Summoner, the 2 UAC10 + ERPPC Vanguard, maybe an ATM Mad Dog, then a Streak Huntsman for cleaning up lights in the last wave?

#11 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 09 August 2018 - 11:57 PM

View Posttutzdes, on 08 August 2018 - 08:55 AM, said:

I mostly play quick play and still have a couple of proper IS invasion drop decks which work fine, I guess.

With the incoming clan-side mini-campaign event I may need a proper clan drop deck to be useful on the battlefield.

My current clan mechs are:
*sorted by tonnage*

Summoner
Sun Spider (Vanguard)
Mad Dog (Revenant)
Huntsman
Nova
Shadow Cat
Jenner IIC (JR7-IIC-A)
Arctic Cheetah

I prefer fast and mobile mechs, so my Clan roster is a bit on a lighter side (+rewards and free mechs).

What can I do with these mechs build-wise to optimize those for FP? What like my deck composition may look like? Which mechs should I buy, if those listed are not enough to do well?

I would much prefer not to clutter my hangar with mechs I won't use anywhere outside of FP. So if possible I would prefer to use those listed and if needed to only buy mechs that are relatively fast and agile.

Any help is appreciated :}

Bring the SunSpider and MadDog with LRMs, AMS Nova, and MG+lasers+2xArty+2xUAV Arctic Cheetah.

You could do very well with those.

If you want more brawly mechs, use ATMs+Tag instead of LRMs, ATM or SRM Huntsman instead of AMS Nova, and keep the Cheetah.

Edited by Vellron2005, 09 August 2018 - 11:59 PM.

#12 tutzdes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 445 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 01:07 PM

View PostVellron2005, on 09 August 2018 - 11:57 PM, said:

Bring the SunSpider and MadDog with LRMs, AMS Nova, and MG+lasers+2xArty+2xUAV Arctic Cheetah.

You could do very well with those.

If you want more brawly mechs, use ATMs+Tag instead of LRMs, ATM or SRM Huntsman instead of AMS Nova, and keep the Cheetah.

Converted my Huntsman and Mad Dog into ATM boats with NARCs :} and added dedicated NARC-Cheetah into "Polar" derp-deck. Works well enough so far. NARCs have a HUGE scare factor, i like it.

Edited by tutzdes, 10 August 2018 - 01:07 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users