Arm Lock Bug?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Uakari

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 116 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 06:24 PM

I had this more often recently. When i use armlock, my mech sometimes seems to get stuck going in one direction or turning in one direction.

It always goes backwards or forward then, as i would always press w or s.
or it spins in circles, the match is basically over then.

In faction play it is not enough to just quit the match, i have to restart mwo to get rid of it. Very annoying.

Might be some sort of weird keyboard button combination though i press accidentally? Any ideas?

#2 admiralbenbow123

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 09 August 2018 - 12:07 PM

Are you using a keyboard with multiple languages? If so, than try to not press alt+shift because that's what's causing your mech to permanently move. Oh, and if you do press alt+shift and get this bug again go to a piece of cover (preferably behind a building or a large rock formation) and alt+tab to your desktop and than alt+tab back to mwo.
This bug has been discussed by the community for several years and PGI still doesn't care to fix it.

#3 Uakari

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 116 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 01:46 PM

thank you very much! Alt is my coolshot button, so i might have used a coolshot while using armlock to disengage/torsotwist, i ll try that in the training grounds.

No multiple languages i know of.

Edited by Uakari, 09 August 2018 - 01:47 PM.

#4 NARC BAIT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 August 2018 - 06:45 PM

View PostUakari, on 09 August 2018 - 01:46 PM, said:

Alt is my coolshot button

weapon grounds 1-6 are represented by the keys on the keyboard, but almost no one will actually activate them from a keypress, so in my setup I put the consumables there, I assigned a type of consumable, to the key, eg 1 for UAV / 2 for arty / 3 for coolshot, it doesnt matter what slot its in like that, and if you dont have that consumable on the mech, then it doesnt matter ...

#5 Uakari

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 116 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 05:43 AM

yeah that was it, alt is easily reachable with my thumb, so every time when i use a coolshot while using armlock it gets stuck.

I ll have to use my C button in future, thanks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users