Comp Queue Event

6 replies to this topic

#1 Lukoi Banacek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 07:23 PM

PGI, have you considered running a CompQ event on some of the actual weekly comp nights? Yea, I get it, the incentive comes at the end of 20 matches, but it might not hurt to toss in some daily rewards like you do for all of these other things.

Perhaps even strengthen the rewards based on the # of matches a team already has (lower # of matches, less bonus) to incentivize more teams to give it a stab. I don't know. I imagine that might also upset some folks, so take it with a grain of salt.

Or, the most matches a team plays in a given CompQ event evening, the greater the rewards...i.e. they scale. Idk.

Just trying to keep the thing alive PGI, and ya'll do seem to like the minor/daily events, so figured this might be in your wheelhouse.

#2 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 31 July 2018 - 08:09 PM

View PostLukoi Banacek, on 31 July 2018 - 07:23 PM, said:

PGI, have you considered running a CompQ event on some of the actual weekly comp nights? Yea, I get it, the incentive comes at the end of 20 matches, but it might not hurt to toss in some daily rewards like you do for all of these other things.

Perhaps even strengthen the rewards based on the # of matches a team already has (lower # of matches, less bonus) to incentivize more teams to give it a stab. I don't know. I imagine that might also upset some folks, so take it with a grain of salt.

Or, the most matches a team plays in a given CompQ event evening, the greater the rewards...i.e. they scale. Idk.

Just trying to keep the thing alive PGI, and ya'll do seem to like the minor/daily events, so figured this might be in your wheelhouse.

It'd be nice, but there isn't even daily login rewards for the game itself D:

But aside from that, I do agree, daily incentives would be nice

#3 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 31 July 2018 - 09:55 PM

Given the, huge, cbill outlay many of us have done for the World Champs... A 50% C-Bill bonus for all matches or something would be a good place to start.

I know myself I dropped easy 100mil cbills on mechs/variants and skill nodes buying a bunch of variants that I'll never realistically use. I'd imagine plenty of players are in a worse position than I am.

So yeah I agree!

Edited by justcallme A S H, 31 July 2018 - 09:55 PM.

#4 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 09:04 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 31 July 2018 - 09:55 PM, said:

Given the, huge, cbill outlay many of us have done for the World Champs... A 50% C-Bill bonus for all matches or something would be a good place to start.

I know myself I dropped easy 100mil cbills on mechs/variants and skill nodes buying a bunch of variants that I'll never realistically use. I'd imagine plenty of players are in a worse position than I am.

So yeah I agree!

If comp queue matches paid 50% extra you would still need like 200 matches to make back what you spent for the opportunity to compete.

Better would be a threshold of matches to pay out - play 10 matches, get 5 million chills. Play 20, get 11 million, etc.

Drive a lot of participation and help offset at least a little bit of the costs. Think about anyone trying to build a stable for comp this year who doesn't also have thousands of GSP and who didn't get a billion GXP from last Solaris season. Because of the very narrow selection of mechs (most of which are the variants nobody bought) this has turned into a very expensive season. I had 260+ mechs before the season started and I still didn't have 8 of the mechs I needed.

I get the intent PGI had for making it stock and such but they should just consider it marketing budget and put in rewards to offset the atypical costs to play this time.

Edited by MischiefSC, 01 August 2018 - 09:04 AM.

#5 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 01 August 2018 - 03:13 PM

Something is always better than nothing...

#6 Lukoi Banacek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 05:01 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 01 August 2018 - 03:13 PM, said:

Something is always better than nothing...

Especially if it's the kind of incentive that draws people in repeatedly, even for smaller amounts, because MAYBE the queue will get plump enough that folks will start to get more Elo-appropriate matches, and learn they actually enjoy some comp play. Maybe.

#7 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 01 August 2018 - 07:13 PM

The main issue is there are end-game rewards at season end.

There won't be a hell of a lot during the season via way of event. Look at Solaris Event vs Rewards (recently) as an example.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users