Low / Zero Heat Lams Heavy Mechs?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Phoenix 72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 11:12 AM

Hello everybody,

I am currently busy skilling some new Mechs, but I am already looking for the next Mech to buy. :) Does not matter whether it is IS or Clan, I have no preference either way. What I am looking at is a relatively sturdy Mech (no glass cannon) that can take an ultra cold build and field a LAMS. Any suggestions are appreciated.

#2 Eisenhorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 10 August 2018 - 11:28 AM

You're basically asking for a dual gauss build heavy mech then, since they are the only zero heat heavies really.

Something like the WHM-6R would work, basically just don't fire the ER ML's if the LAMS is active. You can just use the Gauss Rifles to do some work if the LAMS is gonig off.

The Thanatos could do a similar build, and you could do dual light gauss in the Marauder, but I'd probably try the Gausshammer first.

*edit - Clan side, a Dakka Night Gyr might work too, like this. 5 LBX2 would run pretty cold, so the LAMS could just fire all the time and probably be OK.

Edited by Eisenhorne, 10 August 2018 - 11:34 AM.

#3 Phoenix 72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 12:28 PM

I am kinda tempted to try something like this on the Clan side...

https://mwo.smurfy-n...7a8c53404d597cf

Possibly problematic with the face tanking required because of the LMGs, but could be interesting... Also not sure how long the Gauss would survive in the arms...

#4 Eisenhorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 10 August 2018 - 12:39 PM

The Night Gyr is really only good at extreme ranges, since it is slow, has like zero agility, and has low slung gorilla arms. So you wanna stay WAY back with it. The traditional builds for it are 2 Gauss + 2 ERLL, or 2 Gauss + ERPPC. You could do either with LAMS and be fine just not using the energy weapons if the LAMS is active. You also only need 5 tons of Gauss ammo, 60 shots after ammo nodes is more than enough for most situations.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users