Left Out Unless Unit Joins Falcon Or Wolf?

20 replies to this topic

#1 MaradrX

• PipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 55 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 12:52 PM

Our unit is pledged to Nova Cat - would we need to break this to participate in the Falcon/Wolf conflict?
Seems like that would be too bad, as it would make 2 weekends in a row with no FP.

#2 Lukoi Banacek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 12:56 PM

Yes. Moving over is almost instant these days. So unless your unit has some personal objection with an event specific change (taking the immersion/RP facet of things a bit far imo, but no worries), there is zero penalty for making the change.

We are a clan unit, but we went IS long enough to earn our boys some MC and cash.

#3 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 10 August 2018 - 01:02 PM

Its the main reason FP failed. They keep giving people reasons not to play over and over.

My unit will not change. PGI has never understood loyalists. Why didn't they give the options to fight under my own flag?

Be really cool if Marik loyalists could have voted to fight for A or B side as mercs.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 10 August 2018 - 01:04 PM.

#4 MaradrX

• PipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 55 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 01:51 PM

Our unit will not likely make the switch there, then back, then to IS, back... bounce... bounce...
Seems like fun, but I'd like to be able to join more easily during these events on my own and not have to drag a unit there.

#5 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 10 August 2018 - 02:07 PM

Given changing, just for the rewards, doesn't cost you any loyalist point loss anymore...

Just the 10 probation games. There is really, no reason, not to switch. The only person you hurt by being silly/stubborn is yourself.

#6 Agent 0range

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 120 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 03:53 PM

I have to say i never thought about going clan but for the event, it is fun and so easy to play clams even with my crappy builds that the change has refreshed the game somewhat. If you have a RP objection just imagine you are mercs hired under one of the sides flag or something else.

#7 vonJerg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 329 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 04:05 PM

and if you are loyalist, imagine that you are infiltrating one of the sides to steer up the fight with the other side, to make those two sides kill each other

I M A G I N A T I O N

#8 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 10 August 2018 - 05:15 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 10 August 2018 - 02:07 PM, said:

Given changing, just for the rewards, doesn't cost you any loyalist point loss anymore...

Just the 10 probation games. There is really, no reason, not to switch. The only person you hurt by being silly/stubborn is yourself.

I never cared about loyalist points or cbill rewards. Loyalists are not mercs. You will never understand.

#9 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 10 August 2018 - 05:47 PM

People are complaining about PARTICIPATING.

Why does participating matter to a Nova Cat or Marik loyalist if it's a Jade vs Wolf? If they were true loyalists this topic would not even exist nor people complaining or caring.

People want their cake, eat it and get the MC too. Your event will come. You will just have to wait for your loyalist event to come around.

#10 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 10 August 2018 - 08:42 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 10 August 2018 - 05:47 PM, said:

Why does participating matter to a Nova Cat or Marik loyalist if it's a Jade vs Wolf? If they were true loyalists this topic would not even exist nor people complaining or caring.

People want their cake, eat it and get the MC too. Your event will come. You will just have to wait for your loyalist event to come around.

The main issue is they shut down cw because they cant program. I dont care about the event im happy for people who want to play in it. But i still should be able to play scouting with my unit.

#11 UnKnownPlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 266 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 02:26 AM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 10 August 2018 - 08:42 PM, said:

The main issue is they shut down cw because they cant program. I dont care about the event im happy for people who want to play in it. But i still should be able to play scouting with my unit.

*scouting*? really? There is more variation in the QP queue.

A41 is a loyalist unit, they have chosen to side with Clan Wolf to protect the inner sphere against the crusader intentions of Jade Falcon, once Jade Falcon have been pushed in to the dirt they will revert to their Davion loyalties and take the fight back to the clans in general, in the mean time their best chance of success against clan aggression is to help crush the more aggressive factions.

#12 MaradrX

• PipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 55 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 03:54 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 10 August 2018 - 02:07 PM, said:

Our unit isn't silly or stubborn. We just have the leadership that is absent for weeks in many games like this one. Flexibility for members or for broader inclusion would be better.

Because we can't do FP at all for 4 days... again.

#13 UnKnownPlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 266 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 04:03 AM

yeah ok that sucks, maybe leave unit for a few days?

#14 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 11 August 2018 - 05:28 AM

View PostMaradrX, on 11 August 2018 - 03:54 AM, said:

you mean 5 days

#15 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 11 August 2018 - 05:33 AM

I understand the loss of not getting to FP, but if you and others have the same feelings , be it don't have the power to change unit faction or not willing to, contact the other faction in the same, and open up a private lobby,

you said you don't care about LP or the C-Bills, you just want to fight with your group

#16 Lotspeech

• PipPipPip
  • The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 76 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 05:51 AM

Lets be honest the necessities franchise is a mercenary game. Frankly I don't even know why there is even an option to be a loyalist

#17 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 11 August 2018 - 12:41 PM

View PostMaradrX, on 11 August 2018 - 03:54 AM, said:

Our unit isn't silly or stubborn. We just have the leadership that is absent for weeks in many games like this one. Flexibility for members or for broader inclusion would be better.

So essentially it's a leadership / permission problem now caused by inactive unit leaders.

Tell them to give more active unit members permission to select contracts and this issue is instantly nullified.

#18 Sable Dove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 17 August 2018 - 03:07 PM

Except PGI is reducing the rewards with each event set. By the time it gets to them, there's a good chance MC won't even be there anymore. At the very least, they'll get less than earlier factions, and nothing compared to non-loyalists.

#19 MaradrX

• PipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 August 2018 - 10:14 PM

Well, it seems we're out of the FP again. Just wishing this wasn't an exclusive thing for particular IS, clan specific groups every weekend.

#20 MaradrX

• PipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 03:33 PM

How many days a week is our team going to be left out of FP? Looks like 5...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users