- - - - -

As A Clanner Sell Off Unused Is Mechs?

9 replies to this topic

#1 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 14 August 2018 - 08:17 AM

I'm mostly a clanner and i have a couple mechs I'd like to sell particularly the roughneck power house and the uziel4p(C) should i sell these mechs that have no sentimental value to me and will probably never see use? espcoially the roughneck i hate them.

Edited by KursedVixen, 14 August 2018 - 08:17 AM.

#2 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 08:48 AM

I mean if you really think you'll never use them and you need the mechbay. But who knows you might want to play something a bit different down the line. Plus they're doing IS/Clan specific events. Might be worth it to have some IS mechs just in case.

I put off buying Clan mechs for the longest time. Even sold off the Timberwolf I got during an event. But the last few months I've been trying out Clan mechs just to change it up.

#3 Daggett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,244 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 August 2018 - 08:52 AM

I never understood the concept of restricting myself to only half the cool characters a game offers, but each to it's own. Apart from that i would think twice to sell any mechs which bring a cbill-bonus, those are not easy to come by grinding events alone...

#4 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 14 August 2018 - 08:58 AM

@ KursedVixen --- I am left with one question. Have you no interest or respect for your Isorla, particularly those with (C-Bill) Bonuses? If not, then feel free to sell them. However, if you later decide after selling those Mechs to take part in an I.S.-Only Event, you will then be forced to deal with Trial Mechs and a lack of customizability. Please make sure to weigh your options carefully before deciding. :huh:

~Mr. D. V. "Watch out, for your decision may later have adverse effects." Devnull

#5 Roughneck45

• The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 14 August 2018 - 11:12 AM

Selling a mech should be a last case scenario for a mech bay or c-bills, and that's after you've sold off all your excess equipment. Champion and Hero mechs you have even less reason to sell because they would cost you real money to obtain again.

Only sell them if it makes you physically uncomfortable to look at them in your mech bay hahah.

Edited by Roughneck45, 14 August 2018 - 11:12 AM.

#6 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 14 August 2018 - 12:04 PM

Uziel is garbage. Sell it.

#7 Tier5ForLife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 481 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 04:35 AM

I have a lot of junk mechs I'd sell but can't because they are Heros, Specials etc.

They used to give you 50% for the mech you were selling back. Now it is like 10%.

#8 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 05:23 AM

We have had cross faction event games this whole year . Sooner or later you will use them .

The roughneck PH gives you extra cbills which you can use to buy cbill clan mechs . How is that not useful ?

I very much regret selling my Battlemaster I scored on Canada day last year on my clan account .

Edited by Pain G0D, 15 August 2018 - 05:26 AM.

#9 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,066 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 18 August 2018 - 07:02 PM

I'd keep them. When you sell a mech you lose a lot more than the mech and whatever you didn't strip off it. You lose any xp on it and skill nodes. If you've played the mech long enough for the initial 91 nodes you might as well keep it. If you've hardly used the mech and just can't get it to work for you using every thing you can think of to make the mech fun go ahead and strip it then sell it off.

You never want to sell off a mech that you've got lots of xp,gxp or hxp on. I've been tempted to sell off most my clan mechs but then I remember that I'd have to buy them and re-grind out all those skills. I strip them then go play other mechs.

#10 loopala

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 20 August 2018 - 07:48 PM

short answer

NEVER SELL MECHS

unless you really want to. always remember today's trash is tomorrow's META

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users