Kicking Fp Back To Life - Neverending Event

22 replies to this topic

#1 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 16 August 2018 - 01:33 AM

So, if the recent IS on IS and Clan on Clan events have shown us anything, is that events awarding MC and free stuff are the ONLY motivator to play FP right now..

So.. why ever end the event?

Add daily FP events literally every day.. Switch it up from IS vs IS, Clan vs Clan and regular Clan vs IS.. Award MC and stuff.. and people will keep playing..

To keep the other modes invested in, spread the event objectives like so:

Monday - QP
Tuesday - Solaris or QP
Wednesday - QP or FP
Thursday - Solaris or FP
Friday - QP or FP
Saturday - FP only
Sunday - FP only.

Rotate this daily schedule, award MC and people will play more..

50 MC for QP and Solaris, MC for FP days.. and voila!

In addition, create MC sinks - weekly sales of selected mechs, cammos and paints.

#2 Marius Evander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 04:05 AM

Giving away MC doesn't pay the Electricity Bills.

Then again neither will no one playing

#3 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 16 August 2018 - 05:52 AM

Too much = burnout.

You cannot run back to back events constantly, it does more harm than good.

#4 Daurock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 529 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota

Posted 16 August 2018 - 06:44 AM

The short answer is that yes, an event like this one can "Kickstart" some activity into FP. However, for continued involvement, people need to play to have fun, not play to grind rewards. Without some improvements in how the games play out, they will soon leave the mode, regardless of what carrots they are thrown. (It's also why I tend to believe that improving the faction rewards in general is a poor way of attempting to grow the mode, but that's honestly a different discussion for a different time.)

To add to that, the recent event had the effect of bringing in the brown sea, and everything that comes with that. Groups got noticeably smaller on the average, and the team quality got noticeably worse. The previously already good teams stomped even harder than before the event, due to the new meat in the system, and more salty tears ensued. Sure, there were a lot more games, but I don't think the overall quality of them improved at all, honestly.

Edited by Daurock, 16 August 2018 - 06:46 AM.

#5 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,780 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 08:28 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 16 August 2018 - 05:52 AM, said:

Too much = burnout.

we just need about one a month. one week qp event, the next solaris event, the next fp events, and the last week for the mechpack release events.

other than that mc victory pay could also be a thing. pay everyone that helps capture a planet. or revamp the rewards trees. do something where you get a rare supply cache every 50000 rp/lp. lots of things you can do to sweeten the deal.

Edited by LordNothing, 16 August 2018 - 08:34 AM.

#6 Racerxintegra2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 801 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 09:09 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 16 August 2018 - 01:33 AM, said:

So, if the recent IS on IS and Clan on Clan events have shown us anything, is that events awarding MC and free stuff are the ONLY motivator to play FP right now..

So.. why ever end the event?

Add daily FP events literally every day.. Switch it up from IS vs IS, Clan vs Clan and regular Clan vs IS.. Award MC and stuff.. and people will keep playing..

To keep the other modes invested in, spread the event objectives like so:

Monday - QP
Tuesday - Solaris or QP
Wednesday - QP or FP
Thursday - Solaris or FP
Friday - QP or FP
Saturday - FP only
Sunday - FP only.

Rotate this daily schedule, award MC and people will play more..

50 MC for QP and Solaris, MC for FP days.. and voila!

In addition, create MC sinks - weekly sales of selected mechs, cammos and paints.

Be careful if you divert to many people to faction play ... quick play is a ghost town. There are a lot of people that prefer quick play to faction play and if they cant get a quick match will just leave the game altogether.

#7 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 09:15 AM

constant events, while fun at first, would be too much all the time, imo.

yeah, I enjoyed the fw-events, as I enjoy fw in the first place. but it also makes fw-play a bit.. strange, during those events. kinda un-enjoyable. if you group up, like you normally do, you're out for some serious sealclubbing. we don't want that. it's no fun, for both sides.
if you solo.. well... chaos drops are kinda enjoyable now and then, but we're in fw because we like good teamplay in the first place.

so.. guess we need ~something~ that draws new blood in and keeps them here. and it can't be event-farming. I really think that as a FIRST step (of many), they could rework the reward-system. right now, only the "big fish" get something out of planetary wins. make it so that everybody got something. make it so that stupid damage farming pays out less.

imagine something like this; you log into your account and a window pops up, saying:
"hey you. remember those fw-games you did yesterday? your clan/house won some planets because of your efforts. here is your share. take those 8-13MC, 200.000 cbills and 200.000 loyalty points*"
*numbers totally irrelevant and made up

like I said: only a start, but easily made and it could motivate people a bit more than "hurrdurr, 3500 dmg cause lurmfarming pugs >> 1,6mil cbills"

#8 TWIAFU

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 16 August 2018 - 09:55 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 16 August 2018 - 05:52 AM, said:

Too much = burnout.

If the Event Team can do it, one a Month.

And by Event Team I mean CW Events.

Only way they can get people to play Crap-olaris is by bribes so I do not count that mode.

QP they have set the bar so low it's all participation hand outs.

#9 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 16 August 2018 - 11:09 PM

events? Good designed Events with Sense ? or stupid Grinding Events ? ...thats bring more News and Bad play in the Modes...all will only kills and no Teamplay...great the once in the 3 Months im will play and this day a Event ...no thanks and MCs or Cbills ? for what ? to buy a pair Crazy funny smilie faces for my Mechs or a Submarine Turret or Rabbit Ears for my Mech ???? Its here more like pGIs flying circus My Hangar full with Mechs thats never used since years and im have enough from all the Balancing Trys ...thats make Mechsbuilds and Weapons for months unplayable ..to the Moment who the next Wannebee is crying nerf this ...nerf this ...while thats Kids not understand thats not Weapons make the Difference ..its the Teamplay Factor and Tactical experience

The time from MWO is gone and never grows up .. which out of MWO heard from MWO or MW5 or something? the Marketing from PGI like the other Problems and now its the base empty ...MWO is in Zombie status not lived and not dyingwith only the Teamplayers, old Veterans and one Day Steamplayers and a very small middle between
stupid Events will drive the last away thats will play for fun and Teamplay ...its like the "Give a Way" Days in Supermarkets befor closed.

Im have Problems by PGI and thinking in same way to good designed Events

Edited by Old MW4 Ranger, 16 August 2018 - 11:29 PM.

#10 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 11:24 PM

So I see that basically NOBODY read the proposed format..

If you look at my OP, you will notice that I didn't propose a neverending FP event.. I proposed a neverending GENERAL EVENT - all modes included.

The point is simple - incentivize play on a daily basis - faction play included. Solaris Included. Quick Play included.

And don't tell me about burnout.. cose' playing with rewards and objectives, and without, is the same as far as burnout is concerned - if you feel burnout, you stop playing the game regardless..

You're not gonna get burnout from playing just FP, cose' the game modes rotate daily..

Edited by Vellron2005, 16 August 2018 - 11:25 PM.

#11 UnKnownPlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 266 posts

Posted 17 August 2018 - 05:07 AM

View PostOld MW4 Ranger, on 16 August 2018 - 11:09 PM, said:

events? Good designed Events with Sense ? or stupid Grinding Events ? ...thats bring more News and Bad play in the Modes...all will only kills and no Teamplay...great the once in the 3 Months im will play and this day a Event ...no thanks and MCs or Cbills ? for what ? to buy a pair Crazy funny smilie faces for my Mechs or a Submarine Turret or Rabbit Ears for my Mech ???? Its here more like pGIs flying circus My Hangar full with Mechs thats never used since years and im have enough from all the Balancing Trys ...thats make Mechsbuilds and Weapons for months unplayable ..to the Moment who the next Wannebee is crying nerf this ...nerf this ...while thats Kids not understand thats not Weapons make the Difference ..its the Teamplay Factor and Tactical experience

The time from MWO is gone and never grows up .. which out of MWO heard from MWO or MW5 or something? the Marketing from PGI like the other Problems and now its the base empty ...MWO is in Zombie status not lived and not dyingwith only the Teamplayers, old Veterans and one Day Steamplayers and a very small middle between
stupid Events will drive the last away thats will play for fun and Teamplay ...its like the "Give a Way" Days in Supermarkets befor closed.

So your productive feedback to eliminate these problems is?

#12 McGoat

Banned -Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 629 posts

Posted 17 August 2018 - 05:36 AM

View PostUnKnownPlayer, on 17 August 2018 - 05:07 AM, said:

So your productive feedback to eliminate these problems is?

None.

He's just here to whine.

Though, after years of suggestions and such I can see why.

#13 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 17 August 2018 - 08:20 AM

PGI has all Ideas and Helps become in the first 3 Years (time who the Forums become each day 20 treads and MWO has more as the double Membership ) ..the community holds the Hands open for PGi ...PGI Clash he away and ignored all ideas (or 99%) or bring it halfbacked and in stupid sense in it (Long tom)

Com bring the Idea from easy Daily Missions ...PGI make stupid Grinding events over more Days as the most can play.

Com say give Pve Elements /Coop with missions each Day for FW -AI Garrisons ...Industry raids like the mW4 missions- like other MMMO Games for a fast play with no PvP stress or bad Player AI Matches ...this idea is gone ..we Peter I. say PGI has nothing AI for MWO and can not write it

What will we from Devs thats self not have great interest to play her own Game

Each Day Events like PGI will bring only Stress ...Less AI Players thats only seeing his own Grinding Target and ignored more each Teamplay...jump in teh Fireline from the mate to have this Kill , ignored all dangerous Targets around and to help the Mates while hunting the red cored weaponless light

And Events like ..play X matches of a map thats only come once each Day or destroy x turrets when you plays most Defender in FW..yeah thats funny Posted Image..ok now make YXZ damege in a Mechclass ...how many oplaying suicide Special to become fast enough Damage in a Class and dying for next Match when failed? while not each guy can play a Full Weekend or a week

Edited by Old MW4 Ranger, 18 August 2018 - 08:31 AM.

#14 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 03:39 AM

View PostOld MW4 Ranger, on 17 August 2018 - 08:20 AM, said:

PGI has all Ideas and Helps become in the first 3 Years (time who the Forums become each day 20 treads and MWO has more as the double Membership ) ..the community holds the Hands open for PGi ...PGI Clash he away and ignored all ideas (or 99%) or bring it halfbacked and in stupid sense in it (Long tom)

Com bring the Idea from easy Daily Missions ...PGI make stupid Grinding events over more Days as the most can play.

Com say give Pve Elements /Coop with missions each Day for FW -AI Garrisons ...Industry raids like the mW4 missions- like other MMMO Games for a fast play with no PvP stress or bad Player AI Matches ...this idea is gone ..we Peter I. say PGI has nothing AI for MWO and can not write it

Each Day Events like PGI will bring only Stress ...Less AI Players thats only seeing his own Grinding Target and ignored more each Teamplay...jump in teh Fireline from the mate to have this Kill , ignored all dangerous Targets around and to help the Mates while hunting the red cored weaponless light

And Events like ..play X matches of a map thats only come once each Day or destroy x turrets when you plays most Defender in FW..yeah thats funny Posted Image..ok now make YXZ damege in a Mechclass ...how many oplaying suicide Special to become fast enough Damage in a Class and dying for next Match when failed? while not each guy can play a Full Weekend or a week

Don't get me wrong, I know you're not a native speaker, neither am I, but I was really struggling with what you meant with that bad english..

Damn :D

But yeah, I get your point.. there's year's worth of suggestions about faction play..

I only provided suggestions that are easily achievable for them right now, without much new things needing to be implemented..

It only shows they are not willing to invest into a full mode do-over, just quick fixes..

#15 BIOHAZARD

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 68 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 05:00 AM

The easiest and cheapest way to fix this game is to untie match payouts from team performace.

If people got paid for how they performed individually, none would have to carry and vets would not leave the game.

#16 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 07:06 AM

View PostOld MW4 Ranger, on 16 August 2018 - 11:09 PM, said:

View PostOld MW4 Ranger, on 17 August 2018 - 08:20 AM, said:

If you are here to simply complain please for the love of God piss off. Be constructive and put in some ideas on how to improve the event/mode in general or hold your silence.

#17 UnKnownPlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 266 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 08:01 AM

View PostBIOHAZARD, on 20 August 2018 - 05:00 AM, said:

The easiest and cheapest way to fix this game is to untie match payouts from team performace.

If people got paid for how they performed individually, none would have to carry and vets would not leave the game.

And that is exactly what causes the farming of pugs, killing to 48, and removes the incentive to use objectives, making the game harder for new players.
It also encourages damage farming and meat shielding.

#18 dante245

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 577 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 August 2018 - 05:58 PM

im in agreement with the OP.

#19 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 20 August 2018 - 06:54 PM

View PostYondu Udonta, on 20 August 2018 - 07:06 AM, said:

If you are here to simply complain please for the love of God piss off. Be constructive and put in some ideas on how to improve the event/mode in general or hold your silence.

Where you thinking thats you can say what other have to say or thinking ?ideas im have give 4 Years long ...now im push the Thumbs of the wounds..life whit it or ignored it ..or will you a Orwell 1984.
The new ideas from Paul I. sounds good in first Way (ok a little late im think for the game) now we will seeing in which way its come in the Game...good or like the long tom and thats Events from 2 days to a Months besides the regular FW is coming...not as switch the Fraction and Play or let it Feature.

and watch you language ...with personal attacks to ward off criticism shows a clear picture
even if everyone is sure to be tempted, especially if you had a bad day.

Edited by Old MW4 Ranger, 20 August 2018 - 07:07 PM.

#20 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 12:16 AM

View PostOld MW4 Ranger, on 20 August 2018 - 06:54 PM, said:

Where you thinking thats you can say what other have to say or thinking ?ideas im have give 4 Years long ...now im push the Thumbs of the wounds..life whit it or ignored it ..or will you a Orwell 1984.
The new ideas from Paul I. sounds good in first Way (ok a little late im think for the game) now we will seeing in which way its come in the Game...good or like the long tom and thats Events from 2 days to a Months besides the regular FW is coming...not as switch the Fraction and Play or let it Feature.

and watch you language ...with personal attacks to ward off criticism shows a clear picture
even if everyone is sure to be tempted, especially if you had a bad day.

Not trying to be mean, not cynical. Just a truly friendly suggestion - English lessons. Try some.

View PostUnKnownPlayer, on 20 August 2018 - 08:01 AM, said:

And that is exactly what causes the farming of pugs, killing to 48, and removes the incentive to use objectives, making the game harder for new players.
It also encourages damage farming and meat shielding.

Agreed.

The farming is silly and kinda sad really.. All for a few extra cbills..

Although, yesterday, during Domination, we had several drops where we would cap-out while still on first / second mechs..

One match, I was still on first mech, on Polar, racking up the score of my life with 1600+ damage, and this guy caps it.. after half my team repeatedly asked him not to.

That was mean and unnecessary.. I didn't want it for the cbills.. I wanted to see how big of a score I could rack up..

Since I did 1600+ damage on my first mech, not even my strongest LRM boat in the dropdeck, I could have reached a highscore if I used all my mechs.. but alas.. somebody took that away.. (I know his name, but COC, but you know who you are you little special snowflake)

Edited by Vellron2005, 21 August 2018 - 12:21 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users