Crap

7 replies to this topic

#1 UROMASTYX1

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 02:12 AM

SOLARIS is very unfair especially to new players i have had 4 games and every opponent has had a minimum of 300 what the hell the last person i played had got 325 games under his belt and had lost 20 all the rest were wins how the hell am i supposed to beat that i have an assualt mech wich aint that fast or manouverable he was in a medium when he got close i couldnt even see him on screen

Whats the point in saying anything no one listens and all you get is abuse

#2 aardappelianen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 195 posts
  • Locationamsterdam

Posted 16 August 2018 - 02:35 AM

yep its uttterly depressing to see a how noob unfriendly this game is in general but especially solaris.
if only PGI realized that reducing the attrition a new player needs to suffer before having developed the mechs/skills to fight in game would make more noobs consider getting gud and staying to play the game but as it stands now solaris is a wasteland with only 3 divisions getting more than 2 ppl in que on occasion

right know it's try hards guarding their epeen and the occassional noob they wish to farm.
solaris competion is dead to me
and considering how i came in at the 5000+ rank last season and now i cant even escape the top 1000 with a negative win ratio
im sure solaris is dead to most of us

Edited by aardappelianen, 16 August 2018 - 02:36 AM.

#3 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 16 August 2018 - 04:28 AM

View PostUROMASTYX1, on 16 August 2018 - 02:12 AM, said:

SOLARIS is very unfair especially to new players i have had 4 games and every opponent has had a minimum of 300 what the hell

Improvise-adapt-overcome. Due to lack of players in Solaris, it is not a newbie-friendly mode.

the last person i played had got 325 games under his belt and had lost 20 all the rest were wins how the hell am i supposed to beat that
By not letting it intimidate you, for starters, and by being more cautious than you usually are.

i have an assualt mech wich aint that fast or manouverable he was in a medium when he got close i couldnt even see him on screen
Unlock arms, put your back into a wall, force him to come to you instead of allowing him to nibble you into pieces. Possibly switch to a mech that's better suited for this division - heavier doesn't automatically mean better in this game, and this is especially true in S7.

#4 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 16 August 2018 - 05:56 AM

Issue here is population.

Without it match maker won't work.
Unfortunately there is just no population in Solaris this season... Last season wasn't bad but this one is totally dead comparatively and we even had an event for this season which didn't bring it to life.

#5 Dionnsai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 469 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 01:22 PM

I see a ton of pilots in Solaris who are dropping completely unsuitable mechs with even worse builds on them, and then they pick the maps that are the absolute opposite of ideal. If you're going to take a brawl mech for example, the last thing you should probably pick is Boreal.

If there is one thing I would say to any new pilot trying to crack into solaris, its STUDY the leaderboards and study the mechs that pilots are taking. You don't have to take the absolute top meta either, go through the top 20 pilots and you will find some surprising variety.

Once you've got a mech you want to try, build it out, take it into testing grounds, take it into quickplay to skill it up a a bit, and then try your hand at solaris with it once you understand how the mech works.

Edited by Dionnsai, 20 August 2018 - 01:23 PM.

#6 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 06 September 2018 - 12:51 PM

Solaris is supposed to match you against people of a similar ELO to you. Problem is the game mode is so completely dead that there is probably only one other person in the queue with you if any at all and if there's only one person to match you with, well, guess what? You get matched with that person regardless of their skill level vs. yours. The problem with Solaris is not that PGI designed a bad matchmaker, but that the mode has failed to garner any kind of lasting interest from the community.

Edited by Mole, 06 September 2018 - 12:52 PM.

#7 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 12 September 2018 - 06:32 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 16 August 2018 - 05:56 AM, said:

Issue here is population.

Without it match maker won't work.
Unfortunately there is just no population in Solaris this season... Last season wasn't bad but this one is totally dead comparatively and we even had an event for this season which didn't bring it to life.

That's because the rewards were utterly trash. The decal is just grey, and cannot be recoloured. The warhorn is the most awful garbage orchestral hit, when it should have been Duncan Freaking Fisher. And who cares about the GXP and C-Bills? You could have farmed that playing the other modes. They reeeeally missed an opportunity with Solaris, it's a total disaster! I can't be bothered to play again as realistically, breaking into the next reward bracket for me would be more or less impossible. So screw it I'm gonna have fun in QP.

#8 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 12 September 2018 - 07:53 PM

Look at the top 10 players. You can see what mech and builds theyre using. Copy one of these until you get more games in.

Basic starter builds, dont take lasers. Take srm and ac weapons.
Move over 80 kph.
Dont take xl engines.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users