Group/ungroup Fp Event

5 replies to this topic

#1 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 03:29 AM

Make an FP event during which only groups of 12 players can play FP.

Followed by an FP event during which group making is switched off in FP.

The idea is to introduce 12-man FP group playing to players who would rather solo with the full group event, and balance that with a full solo event.

Also that event would include all explanations about MWO groups, from how to join the LFG queue, to how you can "ready" back for the next game after finishing the first game (which is not intuitive to do in MWO for first time users, because the two group windows get automatically closed down after every match, while I believe they should automatically open back up after each match really).

#2 SCUD303

• PipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 68 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 12:24 PM

I like the idea!

#3 CaptSoggyBottoms

Rookie

• The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 01:45 PM

I don't know about that... You already have QP heroes messing up the FP now with these recent events not entirely sure I would jump on the band wagon of continuing to ruin the FP folks gaming experience.

#4 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,652 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 15 September 2018 - 05:11 PM

The no group event would go be sync dropping. PGI is not going to put any code to prevent units from being assigned the same drop...

#5 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 01:33 AM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 15 September 2018 - 05:11 PM, said:

The no group event would go be sync dropping. PGI is not going to put any code to prevent units from being assigned the same drop...

In fact the Match Maker update would do even better then that : It would provide a great amount balance to fully ungrouped matches, and hopefully some amount of balance to fully grouped matches too.

Sure enough that update isn't available yet, but this kind of event would work great to demonstrate it's capacity once it was available.

#6 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 25 October 2018 - 12:43 AM

stupid Idea ...its gibve not a switch for make gamemodes like this.you will not play in groups use Solaris ...once FP was in idea the High Ranked Group play End content like a Campaign

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users