Can We Please Do Something About The Porting

2 replies to this topic

#1 Arkama

• PipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 10:22 AM

Seriously though. I managed to sneak up behind a Raven in my big old Linebacker, stopped moving, made sure I had a perfect rear center torso shot with my six Heavy medium lasers... I fire the lasers and just as they hit the raven I'm suddenly standing to the right of the Raven firing my lasers into a rock.

He's got barely a sun burn on his but and I'm now NARC'd and receiving every single LRM on the planet...

It's days like this that make me want to stop playing for a while.

#2 Damnedtroll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 676 posts
  • LocationFrog land of Quebec

Posted 16 August 2018 - 03:57 PM

lol, that's so awesomely lame ! Teleportation because of collision and lagging are a pain sometimes

#3 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 16 August 2018 - 07:41 PM

Where do these people come from? Tis like... nm...

OP.. if I am understanding you correctly, the Raven had not moved from its spot but it was you who ended up next to the Raven, correct?

Location? ISP? Type of connection from computer to router to modem to ISP? Which server? Avg FPS? Essentially your client you saw yourself stopped but the game server did not receive said information. PGI only has direct control over their own servers and how they are connected to their ISP, after that it is the wild, wild west. You only have direct control to your system and how you are connected to your ISP, and which ISP you are using.

But from your comments you almost makes it sounds as if you are running into porting/warping more often than not.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users