Pug 2 Decal?!?! Who Decided To Add This As A Decal?

8 replies to this topic

#1 Mad Ox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 358 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 18 August 2018 - 07:00 PM

I got my supply cache incoming useless decal and sure enough I got the PUG 2 decal.... can you please take it back.

That thing is one of the ugliest decals I have ever seen I am going to have nightmares knowing that thing exists. I had to stare at it for a bit to actually see anything other then deformed monster.

If you have not seen, please DO NOT save your mind from it. How that got through the art department (someone actually said YUP lets go with it... how drunk were they???) let alone who in their right mind would pay for it I will never know....

#2 Jackal Noble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 18 August 2018 - 07:52 PM

It's a stylization. I take it you've never seen Ren & Stimpy.

#3 WrathOfDeadguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 18 August 2018 - 08:53 PM

It's cuuuute... in that hideous, hit-by-the-whole-ugly-tree sort of way only possible in late-90s cartoons.

Send a ticket to support. They're usually pretty good about removing unwanted things from your inventory- they'll even remove loyalty 'Mechs if you ask them to (though why anyone would want that is beyond me). Would be nice if there were a way to sell unwanted MC items won in events and caches and whatnot, but... it's free, right? Doesn't hurt anything by sitting there useless, either.

#4 DarkFhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts

Posted 18 August 2018 - 09:27 PM

Pfff too many decals to keep track of . I basically just use the faction house decals i won last year and pin up girls on 90 percent of my mechs .

#5 panzer1b

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 11:03 AM

why do people even care about decals. The ONLY decals i use right now are pinup girls on mechs that actually resemble WW2 bombers (purely because it looks like it fits), namely MCII, timberm, ebon, and a couple others. Aside from that, 0 decals for me, they look tacky and dont really fit the game imo aside from maybee a few of them like warning signs near weapons or so.

#6 Requiemking

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 19 August 2018 - 10:40 PM

View Postpanzer1b, on 19 August 2018 - 11:03 AM, said:

why do people even care about decals. The ONLY decals i use right now are pinup girls on mechs that actually resemble WW2 bombers (purely because it looks like it fits), namely MCII, timberm, ebon, and a couple others. Aside from that, 0 decals for me, they look tacky and dont really fit the game imo aside from maybee a few of them like warning signs near weapons or so.

You do realise that TT lore was very much into the whole "Loud and Proud" deal right? Such as Captain Greg Oliphant's Banshee, which ran into battle with a painted on clown face while wearing a Banshee-sized jester hat. If anything, drab olive greens and other "Normal" military color schemes are something of a rarity, with the only notable example I know of being Alexandr Kerensky's Orion.

Edited by Requiemking, 19 August 2018 - 10:41 PM.

#7 Almond Brown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 10:06 AM

Good to see that the OP thinks it is all ONLY about HIM/HER.... ;)

#8 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,066 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 20 August 2018 - 06:25 PM

Camo and decals can work but only on the right map in certain areas. I've got tiger stripe in green,orange and black on my K2. It disappears in voridian bog in certain spots. Sure a mech can still detect it normally but by just looking it blends in pretty well. I've done the shut-down-let-enemy-walk-by to some success there getting a kill or two with rear torso alphas.

Most decals are just for the lols but I like the pinup girls on mine. The letters ones I've seen this as best use so far...
Posted Image

#9 Mad Ox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 358 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 20 August 2018 - 06:26 PM

View PostAlmond Brown, on 20 August 2018 - 10:06 AM, said:

Good to see that the OP thinks it is all ONLY about HIM/HER.... Posted Image

How you get that idea I dont see it but anyway. Nope just voicing my opinion, we are allowed to do that still or has that been outlawed yet?

Honestly that decal is horrid. Yes I do know ren and stimpy it makes them look like super models in comparison LOL.

As for decal use ehhh pretty lame but I was happy when i got the letters to put "NEW MAP" on majority of my mechs

Edited by Mad Ox, 20 August 2018 - 06:27 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users