Can't Get Matches To Check This Pts Out!

11 replies to this topic

Poll: Anyone else here feel the PTS is too short, given the Faction Warfare Event on the Live Servers? (15 member(s) have cast votes)

Extend the PTS, in order to compensate for the Live Servers' Faction Warfare Event?

1. Yes, Definitely! (13 votes [86.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 86.67%

2. Yes, even though I thought this was long enough (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Maybe (Please post more thoughts below, if you can.) (0 votes [0.00%])

4. Indifferent (Alright then... Just glad to have your opinion!) (0 votes [0.00%])

5. No, albeit this was too short (1 votes [6.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

6. No, it has run for long enough (1 votes [6.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 19 August 2018 - 02:05 AM

Hello, everyone... My above title is NOT a joke. :(

I've been sitting here, even through several attempts to restart the search. I am simply NOT getting any Match to play on the PTS, which will even prevent me from just getting to 10 in the first place. I really wanted to check this out, but it's looking like that's beyond my reach. :unsure:

I hope we can get this PTS extended, being as the Faction Warfare Event on the Live Servers appears to be stealing everyone away. So many reports that look good here, and yet I can't see this for myself! I spent time Patching and getting into the PTS, so it should be equally possible to get Matches in order to participate. At least, I was trying to be hopeful and think that. -_-

While I wait, I guess I've got some to do on the Live Servers. However, I am definitely coming back every chance I can while this PTS runs. I still want to take part in this! :huh:

~D. V. "Really wanting to lend to the Data Input for Paul's & Chris's Analysis..." Devnull

(p.s.: Obviously putting a Vote for "Yes, Definitely!" here. But I really want people's opinions, too. That's why there's so many options. Heck, I would keep the PTS Client running at the same time as the Live Client if I could, but I don't have enough computer for doing that.)

#2 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 02:12 AM

By the way, so I don't have to alter my original post, I'll be keeping a counter here of how long it takes to get my First Alpha Balance PTS 2.0 Match...

~2 Hours Elapsed so far, just on "Searching"

At least 3 attempts to restart the search sequence...

0 Matches Complete... ARGH!

UPDATE :: It took more than five hours, just to get the first match!!!
(And yeah, my apologies for not posting sooner, but I got lost in battles for a bit there.)

~D. V. "Feeling sad, and stuck with this statistic that probably didn't help much..." Devnull

Edited by D V Devnull, 19 August 2018 - 06:42 AM.

#3 Dracol

• The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 19 August 2018 - 03:45 AM

Friday night and last night starting around 11pm EST I was getting matches within a couple of minutes.

Its all about when you try. If one wants to find matches during non peak timea, best bet would be to talk with your unit and get 7 of em to join you. Only way to guarentee matchs outside of prime time.

Edited by Dracol, 19 August 2018 - 03:46 AM.

#4 Dago Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 672 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 19 August 2018 - 03:46 AM

Agreed I've gotten a total of 3 matches and all of them were 5+ hours of constant searching ago.

#5 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 04:45 AM

View PostDracol, on 19 August 2018 - 03:45 AM, said:

Friday night and last night starting around 11pm EST I was getting matches within a couple of minutes.

Its all about when you try. If one wants to find matches during non peak timea, best bet would be to talk with your unit and get 7 of em to join you. Only way to guarentee matchs outside of prime time.

Not everyone has a Unit. Further, not everyone has control over their scheduling, preventing them from getting into Units and such. Some have to operate as 1-Man Unit Tags just to be able to participate in some things. Would be nice if we could get more into the PTS, but someone thought it was a great idea to run a PTS against a Live Server Event. :(

~D. V. "Sometimes you don't have a choice of when you try, or even getting the assistance you might want." Devnull

#6 Dago Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 672 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 19 August 2018 - 04:48 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 19 August 2018 - 04:45 AM, said:

Not everyone has a Unit. Further, not everyone has control over their scheduling, preventing them from getting into Units and such. Some have to operate as 1-Man Unit Tags just to be able to participate in some things. Would be nice if we could get more into the PTS, but someone thought it was a great idea to run a PTS against a Live Server Event. Posted Image

~D. V. "Sometimes you don't have a choice of when you try, or even getting the assistance you might want." Devnull

Haven't they run an event simultaneous with damn near every PTS they've ever done?

Hell running the PTS should be the event.

#7 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 19 August 2018 - 05:19 AM

yea, this is soo stupid to run a pts session during an FP Event..but they always did it that way and after changes, when the Forum starts to explode they say: "the majority of players wanted" Oh, really???Dont know what forums you guys read but seems not to be the same as the rest here reads..

#8 Apollo777

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 265 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 19 August 2018 - 06:55 AM

I voted for ''yes definitely" but i think extending it has no use when there is an event going on live server!

#9 Dracol

• The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 19 August 2018 - 08:04 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 19 August 2018 - 04:45 AM, said:

...but someone thought it was a great idea to run a PTS against a Live Server Event. Posted Image

Been seeing this said a lot. Not addressing this just at you...

PGI has been running an event every weekend this month. What would you want PGI to do? Not run any events for the majority of their players one weekend? Postpone a PTS and any possible changes to the game that come from it to a weekend without an event?

#10 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 August 2018 - 08:11 AM

I had 4h of quick drops yesterday.
starting around 8pm CET (UTC+2) or something like 11am PST.

A longer uptime for PTS helps for people who had no time/chance to join yet.
(Gladly/sadly my unit is still Kurita, so I'm excluded from the FP event this week)

#11 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 08:32 AM

View PostDracol, on 19 August 2018 - 08:04 AM, said:

<<<snip>>>

Been seeing this said a lot. Not addressing this just at you...

PGI has been running an event every weekend this month. What would you want PGI to do? Not run any events for the majority of their players one weekend? Postpone a PTS and any possible changes to the game that come from it to a weekend without an event?

How about, instead of postponing either, they run the PTS for 7 days, instead of a meager 2 days. This gives everyone a better chance to get in on it and help PGI, instead of people being pressured at the same time as a Live Server Event to try and do the other as well. I would think that to be a "Win-Win" situation for everyone? :D

~D. V. "Don't have to hold one off, just run the PTS Event for longer!" Devnull

#12 JadePanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 967 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 11:52 AM

TBH the live servers are so ungodly innundated with events all the time i hardly even look at events anymore.. They've made events sooo damn common that they are almost like background noise anymore to me...

But theres always people stumbling and climbing over each other in crappy (often unskilled trial) mech bilds doing derpy stuff just to get thier events done anymore.. And it seems like there will always be events happening all the time.. Soooo really there doesnt seem like there will ever be a lull to allow people to think about PTS unless they are really focsued on seeing it..

And even when they do get here u get derpy shenanigan builds running around just trying to do the PTS event by doing damage with LRMs or abusing a 4v4 with heat handicaps by running around in a heatless piranha that was already op in live and really has no business being run in the PTS as it offers little in the way of Heat data they are looking for.. Instead its just being used as a seal club..

Pts matches would prolly happen more often if there was some kind of community effort to get people in and dropping in some coordinated fashion..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users