Artemis Lrm Mrm Heat Feedback

2 replies to this topic

#1 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 12:48 AM

I played quite a couple of matches and my feedback is as follow:

General:
Weapon Lock angle reduction by 33% would have been right - 50% is to much.

Artemis:
Artemis has no more a role and is dead weight for me as it was mainly used ot aquire quick locks - with the amount of ECM on the Battlefield there is no reason to invest Tons and Slots into equipment that usually is countered anyway.

LRM:
Go Bigger - i play the LRM for diversity Gameplay and less for the lacklustre effect of it but i found if you play LRM now you have to increase Tubecount to have any effect and so i did.
And with the absence of any meaningful direct fire buff you encourage me to use it more as indirect fire weapon which will increae the frustration of the target instead of motivating it to fight back.

MRM:
Why do i use them anyway?
Foamballing the target it is!
I use the MRM bcs my Mechs lacks the Hardpoints for a meaningful number of SRM and bcs it has more range which makes it a little less situational on a rather slow Mech (Thunderbolt 5SP).
Downgraded my MRM30 to a MRM20 bcs it make not difference and gives me the room for the bigger LRM.
MRM - one of the many Missile Weapons that barely is worth the Tonnage...

Heat:
Yeah, well, i never run Clan Mechs and usually have no more than 13 DHS anyway - dont recognize a much better Heat Dissipation and dont recognize any change the the Heat Cap.
It simply does not affect me - especially as i do not use Coolshots.

Verdict:
It seems there are more Ballistic and Gauss Mechs on the Battlefield that are able to core me out in Splitseconds making my 87 Armor CT gone like nothing.
The race for firepower is going on as strong as ever and without insane Alphas and DPS you are relegated to hide and find indirect fire solutions or have luck with the MM and assist a high firepower Team with both scenarions usually lead to low damage scores as well as when you are the target of such a combination.

THE (Firepower) RACE IS GOING STRONG AND STRONGER!!!

PS: If LRM would be Lasers such a Laser would have a 3s Charge Up Time and a 5s Beam Duration - that is how LRM play as a Weapon frustrating the User as well as the Target!

Edited by Thorqemada, 22 August 2018 - 01:53 AM.

#2 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 23 August 2018 - 07:21 AM

A far better way to handle LRM's and Artemis is to return the values to what they were and give AMS a strong bonus against LRM's.

#3 Hiten Bongz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 228 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 25 August 2018 - 12:58 PM

View PostKalimaster, on 23 August 2018 - 07:21 AM, said:

A far better way to handle LRM's and Artemis is to return the values to what they were and give AMS a strong bonus against LRM's.

Yeah. I find it incredibly strange how instead of buffing one of the fully automated, easily available counters to missiles they just blanket-nerf all lock-ons instead. People want to complain about LRM rain yet don't want to equip the counter for it, either. Hell, increase AMS damage against all missiles*, not just LRMs.

As an active, armor sharing, team-playing Missileer (ATM for clan and MRM for IS):

I support a general buff to AMS.

Buffing AMS would have been a much better way to handle missile "spam" without nuking all lock-on missile mechanics, and would actually encourage some players to equip the damn thing instead of running to the forums and complaining until everything gets nerfed into the ground. In the case of this outlandish patch, it hardly even affected passive LRMing and instead outright damaged the other lock-on missile systems.

The mechs I typically run on a regular basis have either a single AMS (some double) and the skills for them, or an ECM also skilled. As a player who likes and understands the missile systems pretty well, I realize the potential need for these counter systems on the receiving end, too. Most players, however, apparently would rather not "waste" the single ton/ton and a half and rather cry until the cows come home instead. "OMG that would cost me an entire heat sink, leaving me with only 29 instead of 30!" Well I'm sorry but if you can't find a single ton to spare to prevent multiple tons of armor damage to yourself and your team because you want to min/max so hard, that's your own problem and as far as I'm concerned you've made an active choice to allow yourself to be more vulnerable to missiles.

*ATMs would need a buff, as a single AMS already chews through an entire ATM12 and then some. Easy fix though: more missile HP, instantaneous launch instead of stream fired, or massive velocity increase. Or a combo of the three.

Edited by Hiten Bongz, 25 August 2018 - 01:22 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users