23 replies to this topic

#21 VeeOt Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,087 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 08 January 2023 - 07:10 PM

as only one other has mentioned Artemis only has any effect at all with direct LoS. there is no effect whatsoever with indirect fire. so NO artemis has not been worth the tonnage since the big LRM nerf (the same big patch that gave the alternate fire arcs. TAG and NARC also got the nerf hammer along with the actual lock area (the area you need your crosshair in to get a lock) being massively reduced. the only positive from the whole patch was the missile arcs).

look at it this way you are spending 1 ton and 1 slot per launcher plus the extra C-Bills for something that only effects your weapons about 50% of the time (at least for me it seems i have a 50/50 use of LRM in direct or indirect fire in a match, a lock is a lock doesn't matter who gets it as long as the enemy is being hit by missiles). even in that 50% all it does is slightly reduce spread. Artemis no longer shortens lock time like it once did. remember it still counts as IDF if you are shooting over the heads of your teammates even if you can see the target, as long as the missiles are doing the high arc its considered IDF. also on the subject of things that effect LRM the projectile velocity increase gain from a TC does not effect missile weapons.

(IDF is one of the things i like about LRM and MWO in general. it makes the game unique and its a shame not to use every tool in your toolbox.)

as for the OP's build meh i don't judge, play what you have fun with on whatever mech you like. (though when running LRM its always a good idea to bring some energy backups)

#22 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,597 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 08 January 2023 - 08:06 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 06 January 2023 - 12:00 AM, said:

in tabletop ATM came with artemis built in so artemis should have never helped ATM at all.

You found this ancient topic,
and had to have your say -

No matter that the thread went dead,
for sixteen hundred* days!

Necro, necro necro! Do you know what hurts the most?
Necro, necro, necro! That's more days than some have posts!

(*1,576, actually - but who's counting?)

#23 Storky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 905 posts

Posted 02 April 2023 - 11:51 AM

Side-question: does Artemis still affect the spread of Streaks?

#24 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,597 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 03 April 2023 - 06:34 PM

The question needs an answer,
so could it be so wrong?
I think I'll necro on the same page
as the necro song!

Necro, necro, necro!
Why troubl'est thou the dead?
Necro, necro, necro!
Just make another thread!

Also, an answer:

Streaks home in on different target points ("bones," to PGI) and aren't really affected by spread. The streak interaction with Artemis was a known bug from when Artemis increased lock-on speed - but since Artemis was reworked, that no longer applies.

Edited by Void Angel, 03 April 2023 - 06:37 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users